Obvious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obvious

The 9MH cult amd just about all other searchers had nothing obvious standing out where they searched. F told us that there was something very obvious if you were in the right spot. Ot was something so obvious that everyone dismissed it. It was also I'm a spot where you had to tarry or else you'd likely be seen by many depending upon the time of day. It didn't look like a place to hide a valuable treasure but it was there and Jack was even let down when he realized where f had placed it. It's funny how searchers overestimated where an old man would hide his treasure but they also underestimated him at the same time.

Originally posted by Hear me all View Post
    F told us that there was something very obvious if you were in the right spot.
    Indeed. You took-off, you put-in, you went straight towards NPFTM, and then....

What didn't happen?

You didn't land. And if you didn't land, there is only one other explanation (or is it ex-plane-ation?).

Ah...there it is...on the ridge of heavy loads:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmingway-redford-edard-mr-district-attorney-roy-acuff-and-v0-xd92musu1b9a1.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	496124

Comment

The 9MH cult amd just about all other searchers had nothing obvious standing out where they searched. F told us that there was something very obvious if you were in the right spot. Ot was something so obvious that everyone dismissed it. It was also I'm a spot where you had to tarry or else you'd likely be seen by many depending upon the time of day. It didn't look like a place to hide a valuable treasure but it was there and Jack was even let down when he realized where f had placed it. It's funny how searchers overestimated where an old man would hide his treasure but they also underestimated him at the same time.
      Hear me all The blaze was a circle and not what searchers were expecting to be the blaze, so passed it by.

Comment

what color is sand? could it be a shade of brown? where might its home be?

Comment

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post

Indeed. You took-off, you put-in, you went straight towards NPFTM, and then....

What didn't happen?

You didn't land. And if you didn't land, there is only one other explanation (or is it ex-plane-ation?).

Ah...there it is...on the ridge of heavy loads:

Click image for larger version

Name:	hemmingway-redford-edard-mr-district-attorney-roy-acuff-and-v0-xd92musu1b9a1.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	496124
          could a landing equal a put in? i think so...

Comment

no one has actually confirmed this. and ya we might have overestimated him, but he said this is something he did not take lightly. after all he spent 15 years piecing the puzzle together. what we are led to believe today is an insult to a smart man like Forrest. they're making him look dumb when in fact we all know that's not the case. 15 years spent on a poem that's as easy as definitions or finding a fish named brown? no fucking way. but i can't say with certainty. anything is possible. the man said there is nothing in my book that will lead you to the treasure and then proceeds to put a picture of the location we are led to believe in his book?

Comment

Perhaps what you’re thinking of was the phrase derived from the coded words from Jenny Kile’s book “Armchair Treasure Hunts.” The coded words were: “If you are in the right spot, something you probably haven't thought about, should be obvious to you."​

The spot was one in which you would want to “tarry scant,” as the poem instructs. Forrest said that meant “Don’t hang around…take the chest and get the hell out of here. Tarry means hang around, and scant means for a second or two.”

#treasurehunting #forrestfenn #treasurehuntCheck Out My Channel, Please Like Comment Subscribe & Sharehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC17-XmWMUA_UC6d5sfBeZY...

Comment

Originally posted by Longfellow View Post

Perhaps what you’re thinking of was the phrase derived from the coded words from Jenny Kile’s book “Armchair Treasure Hunts.” The coded words were: “If you are in the right spot, something you probably haven't thought about, should be obvious to you."​

The spot was one in which you would want to “tarry scant,” as the poem instructs. Forrest said that meant “Don’t hang around…take the chest and get the hell out of here. Tarry means hang around, and scant means for a second or two.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIQtrfEXakQ
                Thanks for posting this. I rember this clip. "Tarry" Beiing in reference to "tardy" esque. It's what he says right after..." I don't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about"-FF
                This part right after he said that, gives me pause to think. If he was going to die with the chest at location, why does he say to not hang around and to get the hell out of there? He had said that no one is going to stumble upon the Chest and it's a place that someone wouldn't normally go to. His carcass would have been there , safe from happenstance, et all. Why would he advise the Finder at location to get "the hell out of there?

"I don't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about"FF

I wonder what said just prior to him saying that and after he said where it cuts off ? Why would he say what he said following his meaning? Strange.

Comment

VOA interview at the end of scrapbooks.
                  He also adds “what else could it mean?”

Comment

Originally posted by RFISH View Post
                    http://lummifilm.com/docs/2final_SBver1.pdf
                    VOA interview at the end of scrapbooks.
                    He also adds “what else could it mean?”
                    Thanks!

....and there it is....."what else could it mean"?

Comment

The thing that is obvious is that the treasure is at the entrance of Yellowstone.

The End.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsetenash View Post

Thanks for posting this. I rember this clip. "Tarry" Beiing in reference to "tardy" esque. It's what he says right after..." I don't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about"-FF
                        This part right after he said that, gives me pause to think. If he was going to die with the chest at location, why does he say to not hang around and to get the hell out of there? He had said that no one is going to stumble upon the Chest and it's a place that someone wouldn't normally go to. His carcass would have been there , safe from happenstance, et all. Why would he advise the Finder at location to get "the hell out of there?

"I don't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about"FF

I wonder what said just prior to him saying that and after he said where it cuts off ? Why would he say what he said following his meaning? Strange.
                        Indeed, Forrest once said that tarry scant means “Get the hell out of there”. I only saw very few or no discussions about WHY you should get the hell out of there. Was there a danger? Bears, lions, …? Or something else. Any ideas? (I have mine, and posted them a long time ago). But what are the explanations for this statement in the opinion of all searchers here that think they found the hiding spot? WHY get the hell out of there?

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

Indeed, Forrest once said that tarry scant means “Get the hell out of there”. I only saw very few or no discussions about WHY you should get the hell out of there. Was there a danger? Bears, lions, …? Or something else. Any ideas? (I have mine, and posted them a long time ago). But what are the explanations for this statement in the opinion of all searchers here that think they found the hiding spot? WHY get the hell out of there?
                          In that clip FF said:

"Don’t hang around…take the chest and get the hell out of here. Tarry means hang around, and scant means for a second or two.”FF.............""I don't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about"FF.........."what else could it mean"? FF

Hi Fenn, I’ve read your wonderful books and they didn’t help me one iota. The poem with your precious 9 clues is ambiguous, which means absolutely worthless in my opinion. I don’t think the bronze box can be found using the information that is currently available. I have arm chaired …

"Well Mr. Outta There, I will give you something to chomp on.

Stop arm chairing that thing to death and get out in the trees where the “box” is, but before you go, look at the poem as if it were a map, because it is, and like any other map, it will show you where to go if you follow its directions. f

Welcome to MysteriousWritings’ Forrest Fenn Friday: Questions on The Thrill of the Chase Treasure Hunt. We’ve done other Friday segments in the past with Forrest over the years, like Friday’s Fenn Favorite Quote or Weekly Words, but this segment is where we ask a question on the Chase– in hopes …

I"f I was standing where the treasure chest is, I’d see trees. I’d see mountains. I’d see animals. I’d smell wonderful smells of pine needles or pinon nuts and sage brush, and I know the treasure chest is wet.​" f

So, Elevation....5000 to 10,400
                          "Not at the top of a mountain but close to the top"ff

Highest elevation trees grow in North America 11,000-12000 feet. What very few trees grow at that elevation? Pine trees. Such as a Lodgepole pine tree. What do pine trees emit? Sap. Tarry Scant. Most only pine trees, scant other trees.

Sap is kind of tarry by description. The Chest is in the "trees" , close to the top of a mountain. So , quit sitting around armchairing the clues, get off our buttskies and get out in the trees where the "Box" is.

"Where the "Box is"= Box Elder Tree-Maple Syrup=Tarry texture=scant few trees. [Elevation hint]

This is rather "Obvious" to me. Put that on your "Waffles".

IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Alsetenash View Post

Thanks!

....and there it is....."what else could it mean"?
                            He said that "what else could it mean" because it was a rhetorical question. F could not believe that Dal and searchers were so dumb as to not know that it means don't hang around, get out of there, etc..

In the Maclean's article f said that the poem was written in plain English and the words mean what they say. He said the failure of searchers to comprehend simple words was no reflection on his poem writing skills. Searchers avoided the obvious and would always choose the hardest route so to speak no matter whether it was the poem or anything else f wrote about.

Colokid once told everyone that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and f said thank you Colokid. Searchers made oceans out of mud puddles in their little ant minds.
                            Last edited by Hear me all; 03-17-2023, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mountain digger
                              "Don’t hang around…take the chest and get the hell out of here. Tarry means hang around, and scant means for a second or two.”FF.............""I don't have the slightest idea what I'm talking about"FF.........."what else could it mean"? FF

A simple question w/o subterfuge ... just like the poem. Not a soul here posting in this "obvious" fishing thread has as understanding of subterfuge? Well, there is an obvious answer and every one here laying claim to the correct solution should already know the correct answer. Sad really, given the many posters that do claim 'the solve'.
                              Who hasn’t solved it by now? lol Forrest would never tip his hand in the least. Anyone relying on his off hand statements took last place.

Comment

Working...
                              X