Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you partner - what is the split?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When you partner - what is the split?

    Since I am always right I would like some input on a debate. What if, totally hypothetical, you partnered up with someone with a near completed solve. You were asked to partner to help with a second pair of eyes since the search partner has been BOTG and stuck with a solid solve. Search partner has been BOTG several times. You will be going BOTG alone to the search partner’s location. What is a reasonable negotiation of the share if you find it? You are A, search partner (with the great solve) is B.
    23
    Split the TC 50/50
    43.48%
    10
    B (search partner w/great solve) gets the TC & gives 1 item to A + BOTG expenses.
    13.04%
    3
    Other
    43.48%
    10
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

  • #2
    What is the key item that leads you to the chest worth?

    Comment


    • #3
      Will197532 Gold frog is the item wanted by person A. But it is not related to the solve.

      If you vote other, explain! For this totally hypothetical situation
      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

      Comment


      • #4
        Better have an iron clad contract. Gold fever can be the end of a partnership. 60-40 to 75-25.

        Comment


        • #5
          Other - first $5 million I keep, remainder to the partner.

          Comment


          • #6
            Let me clarify that Person A wants to give person B more and person B wants to give A more - both trying to be fair. So this is all in fun. In this totally hypothetical situation.
            “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

            Comment


            • #7
              I understand the hypothetical part of the analysis but you can predict human behavior?
              You try to put it in its most simplistic form but even reading it a lot of variables start conjectures into mind.
              Even if you both have a well thought out arrangement that the primitive aspects would take over and you would have a larger problem.
              Hypotheical problem, what if your partners sees the chest and doesn’t say anything but the next day goes and retrieved it for themselves. What null and voids in your contract? They didn’t find it on your search? Does your theory work if they go the next day and grab the chest?
              Really there’s no right or wrong answer I guess

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Will197532 View Post
                I understand the hypothetical part of the analysis but you can predict human behavior?
                You try to put it in its most simplistic form but even reading it a lot of variables start conjectures into mind.
                Even if you both have a well thought out arrangement that the primitive aspects would take over and you would have a larger problem.
                Hypotheical problem, what if your partners sees the chest and doesn’t say anything but the next day goes and retrieved it for themselves. What null and voids in your contract? They didn’t find it on your search? Does your theory work if they go the next day and grab the chest?
                Really there’s no right or wrong answer I guess
                Never thought I would say this to you Will, but keep it simple and have fun with it. I love your questions, but everything else has been worked out.

                I am the only BOTG this time, so your hypothetical is not possible. I might get it and never say anything, but I would not do that. Just hypothetical of course, so trying to see what others think is “fair”. Everything else is agreed to and locked in, hypothetically.

                “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

                Comment


                • #9
                  How do you know its a solid solve? Is the partner just so you don't have to go alone? Is the search going to take a month?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by kpro View Post

                    Never thought I would say this to you Will, but keep it simple and have fun with it. I love your questions, but everything else has been worked out.

                    I am the only BOTG this time, so your hypothetical is not possible. I might get it and never say anything, but I would not do that. Just hypothetical of course, so trying to see what others think is “fair”. Everything else is agreed to and locked in, hypothetically.
                    solves all the problem and take a homeless man

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
                      How do you know its a solid solve? Is the partner just so you don't have to go alone? Is the search going to take a month?
                      It is my judgement it is solid. I have reviewed probably 100 solves and I like this one. Probably have liked 5 that I would partner up, this is one. Offer was made, I jumped at the chance. In a whole different state now. I am going alone (Forrest do not read this please). I am BOTG soon. All hypothetical.
                      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I tried to offer searchers payment in the form of a promissory note if recovered. $20,000 per searcher, possibly more $. Some Minnesotan’s say they would gladly go to see the mountains for free meals and an adventure but they always cancel on the last minute. Fenn and/or his family would have first shot at it for a bargain price. I would ask if for Fenns advice. If he didn’t want it for some reason, then I would have to think on it while. Will change the finders life no matter what happens. Has Fenn said that he would buy it back?
                        Last edited by laddyaddy; 07-31-2018, 01:28 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kpro View Post

                          It is my judgement it is solid. I have reviewed probably 100 solves and I like this one. Probably have liked 5 that I would partner up, this is one. Offer was made, I jumped at the chance. In a whole different state now. I am going alone (Forrest do not read this please). I am BOTG soon. All hypothetical.
                          OK so my belief is you solve all 9 clues armchair(after you get past some Fenn tricks) so it should be straightforward to retrieve. I'd probably be partner B for covered expenses and an item equivalent to my time and a guarantee of no publicity for me.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kpro View Post

                            It is my judgement it is solid. I have reviewed probably 100 solves and I like this one. Probably have liked 5 that I would partner up, this is one. Offer was made, I jumped at the chance. In a whole different state now. I am going alone (Forrest do not read this please). I am BOTG soon. All hypothetical.
                            Retriever gets BOTG expense reimbursement PLUS 10% up to $400,000.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Boy. I’ve tried to get people to my solve area for some time now to no avail. What about 150,000, half the value of the chest? But then we’d have to meet and sign first. No one believes you’re just giving it away. So, 150,000 or half. Now... I’m searching where no else is and when I send ideas out no one responds. Ha. So. Moot point. And no, I can’t get any of my people to go with me. Tried that. Happy Monday!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X