Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For the curious, this is exactly how it went down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the curious, this is exactly how it went down.

THE NINE CLUES:

1. The treasure hunt idea was devised by Forrest at some point.
    2. The poem was written and the TTOTC book with the poem was released.
    3. But . . . (and this is the CRUX of the matter) THE CHEST WAS NEVER HIDDEN where the poem leads. The trove was always absconded on the Fenn property in Santa Fe, NM.
    4. Someone legitimately solved the poem in 2019, but the treasure was never where the poem led. FORREST KNEW THIS.
    5. Forrest panicked.
    6. The fake ending with Jack and photos was hastily concocted and executed to end the chase and establish the legitimacy of the chase and avoid legal impropriety. Fenn faked his death and watched from the sidelines.
    7. The contents of the chest were auctioned. The solver has been infinitely silenced. Nothing can be proven.
    8. Its OVER.
    9. It was always a (well-intentioned) HOAX.

Forrest never thought the poem would be solved. . . . but it was.

All IMO.
    Last edited by elperro; 01-27-2023, 08:28 PM.

I still say a "negatory" thumbs-down button should be installed. No reason, elperro.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBeer88W
      I hope you're just joking. I really do. I always thought his "proximaty" and "pirate" statements were a hint that it was "a proxy, matey." But what do I know. I can't even properly wring out a washcloth, according to my mother... UGH.
      I wish I were. I'm not.

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post
        THE NINE CLUES:

2. The poem was written and and TTOTC book with the poem was released.
        3. But . . . (and this is the CRUX of the matter) THE CHEST WAS NEVER HIDDEN where the poem leads. The trove was always absconded on the Fenn property in Santa Fe, NM.
        4. Someone legitimately solved the poem in 2019, but the treasure was never where the poem led. FORREST KNEW THIS.
        5. Forrest panicked.
        6. The fake ending with Jack and photos was hastily concocted and executed to end the chase and establish the legitimacy of the chase and avoid legal impropriety. Fenn faked his death and watches from the sidelines.
        7. The contents of the chest were auctioned. The solver has been infinitely silenced. Nothing can be proven.
        8. Its OVER.

All IMO.
        It’s so easy to add “IMO” , I have no idea why people don’t use it more.

Comment

THE NINE CLUES:

5. Forrest panicked.
          6. The fake ending with Jack and photos was hastily concocted and executed to end the chase and establish the legitimacy of the chase and avoid legal impropriety. Fenn faked his death and watches from the sidelines.
          8. Its OVER.

All IMO.
          Really, how atrocious.

Comment

THE NINE CLUES:

5. Forrest panicked.
            8. Its OVER.

All IMO.
            Some tiny sprinkles of truth in this post mixed in with a whole lotta non-truth. So Chase like, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post
              I still say a "negatory" thumbs-down button should be installed. No reason, elperro.
              Did you ever post on the Fenn treasure forum on Reddit? They have the downvote button there. Or at least they did. I don't think that subreddit exists anymore, it doesn't show up when I do search for it.

But anyway, back in the day, I would just say a simple phrase of my opinion only to get downvoted into oblivion. It didn't bother me for a long time, but you sure find out in a hurry just how many jackasses there are in the chase.

YouTube disabled their downvote button a while back. They came to the same conclusion that I did, that there are just too many uneducated idiots who downvote just for the lame thrill of it. The downvote button here would just make this place more toxic than it already is. Imo.

Comment

Originally posted by AaBbCcDdEeFf View Post

Did you ever post on the Fenn treasure forum on Reddit? They have the downvote button there. Or at least they did. I don't think that subreddit exists anymore, it doesn't show up when I do search for it.

But anyway, back in the day, I would just say a simple phrase of my opinion only to get downvoted into oblivion. It didn't bother me for a long time, but you sure find out in a hurry just how many jackasses there are in the chase.

YouTube disabled their downvote button a while back. They came to the same conclusion that I did, that there are just too many uneducated idiots who downvote just for the lame thrill of it. The downvote button here would just make this place more toxic than it already is. Imo.
                You're right . . . I was only joking, of course. The beauty of Thor is, everyone gets to voice their opinions, while still maintaining a positive flow. If it were not a place where creative thought was allowed, we might never reach the end of solving Forrest's puzzle. Without exception, and indifferent of being right or wrong, everyone adds a little bit to the bigger equation. Reading between the lines, and choosing what is best, is a different story. It's a lot like walking down some new trail. If there weren't a few bumps in the road, we might as well take a stroll down New York's Central Park where the elevation never changes, and where we never get to witness the majestic beauty of the Rockies. And although Central Park is regarded as a masterpiece of landscape architecture, Central Park, designed by man, could never match the architect of that which was designed by God. ​

Comment

That last sentence there is a little far fetched, IMO.

Comment

It's possible there was always going to be a manufactured ending, but folk close to the mark needed handling. Hence the madness. He who creates chaos, has the ability to create peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
                      It's possible there was always going to be a manufactured ending, but folk close to the mark needed handling. Hence the madness. He who creates chaos, has the ability to create peace.
                      Needed handling, who decides when you need a handler?

Comment

THE NINE CLUES:

5. Forrest panicked.
                        8. Its OVER.

All IMO.
                        i pretty much agree with all of that except for the faking his death part he really did pass. i think this is why we see the shitshow we have now and will never see the solution. the solution was silenced and the solver can never prove so. all just my opinion as usual. but regardless it is all over.

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
                          I've been "close to the mark" for quite a while - but not sure that really matters here.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy View Post
                            we could always diy!
                            I vote for this guy
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	ABDC03F3-EE7F-4CB8-8A5F-1B8606C62E1A.png
Views:	468
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	487775
                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly View Post

we could always diy!
                              I vote for this guy
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	ABDC03F3-EE7F-4CB8-8A5F-1B8606C62E1A.png
Views:	468
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	487775
                              lol
                              I'd say that gets the point across, willy. Just so you know, I'm up-voting your post so I can follow suite with a DIY dislike of another.

Comment

Working...
                              X