Another flaw to NMH and most endings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another flaw to NMH and most endings.

How could Forrest remain so confident it wasn't found all the earlier years. Only logical reason would be park camera system or a physical barrier that need to be removed to enter a hidden crevice that could be seen by GE. Neither fits NMH. But on the contrary. From Jacks emails revealed in court, seems Jack found it the summer before and started his webs of deceptions for tax eluding. All a shame it turned into a sham. It never needed to. Forrest could of just announced I'm pulling it. Last chance without any hassle or lawsuits. It was his after all.

What is a fraudulent chest worth? Everything has been parted out. There is no value in parts. Why work a scam for 20 plus years just to make a few Pennies on the dollar? Another publicity stunt or a cover up, nothing else works

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
      How could Forrest remain so confident it wasn't found all the earlier years. Only logical reason would be park camera system or a physical barrier that need to be removed to enter a hidden crevice that could be seen by GE. Neither fits NMH. But on the contrary. From Jacks emails revealed in court, seems Jack found it the summer before and started his webs of deceptions for tax eluding. All a shame it turned into a sham. It never needed to. Forrest could of just announced I'm pulling it. Last chance without any hassle or lawsuits. It was his after all.
      It's been speculated it was found early before the McCracken court case based on Jack's Reddit posts and his actual move to PR per the government website, but what makes you say information in that case corroborates the chest was found early? I must have missed that.
      You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun
        I have to admit, IF Jack found it and purposely established a residence in P.R to evade the taxes that would’ve been imposed on him then that was probably the smartest play. I think anyone with some decent logic could’ve figured that out. If it turns out he really was the finder we should be giving him a standing ovation for his triumph. He certainly would get my applause.
        I dont particularly care about Jacks tax decisions, except that they dont make sense. He was gifted the chest, we are told, so no tax there. At best, he could potentially save capital gains between when he found it and sold it, but Im guessing gold prices went down, so now he can't deduct the loss against other income, if he has any. He certainly could not anticipate this, but the Biden administration announced an "audit everyone" policy towards Puerto Rico, which costs time and money. There's moving and opportunity costs, plus the whole risk his scheme would be found out, as it apparently has. Did that affect the price he sold for? Buying such an item involves the risk of how it was obtained, because that could come back on you, so I'm guessing the buyer got a bit of a discount if they knew about all this. I mean this didn't turn out with Forrest and finder together smiling for the news cameras with the chest like it could have. How much would the chest have sold for that way vs. this way?

It's just another oddity which makes me think we don't have the whole story, or even the main part.
        You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

Comment

How could Forrest remain so confident it wasn't found all the earlier years.
          One possibility:
          "So hear me all and listen good" on 171.7875 MHz - The Hint of Riches - Forrest Fenn's Treasure Hunt

Comment

Sunburnt1 Had he done that he would have still left himself open to lawsuits because their was no finite date for the hunt stated in the book or the poem. He could be sued for fraud on that alone.
            He would have to have stated in text to be legal that the hunt would end on a specific date and the chest be retrieved. That was not done. The other way out is the answere we have been given, true or not.

Comment

Good Points, and to add to that, didn't Fenn state there was a decoy chest planted somewhere incase he was ever kidnapped, or a family member was taken hostage. He would provide the would-be suspect directions while contacting authorities. If he did do and say these things isn't it possible that is what JS found or was nudged to?
              The real Forrest Fenn Treasure Chest is still out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Poe2 View Post

Good Points, and to add to that, didn't Fenn state there was a decoy chest planted somewhere incase he was ever kidnapped, or a family member was taken hostage. He would provide the would-be suspect directions while contacting authorities. If he did do and say these things isn't it possible that is what JS found or was nudged to?
                No. He said he could have it pulled at anytime. To me that had me suspect it was in a National Park. And that's why he had a direct line to the Yellowstone Ranger station on his phone. I don't get why people think Forrest could get sued if he pulled. It was his property. There was no cost to look for it. Any money spent searching was done at your own free will. Yes the ending sucked big time. Yet nobody forced me into this. Or did you. All we can hope for is the truth will prevail.

Comment

It is my belief that he hid it where he could check on it it while looking through a telescope, himself unobserved, being concealed in a cabin with an unobstructed view, maybe a mile or so away.
                  1f Billy

Comment

Working...
                  X