Legalese and other things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

I agree with most of that. I don't think we're too different. Neither of us believe NMH is supported by evidence. When you get right down to it, I believe NMH is "made up" in a manner of speaking. I think we just disagree on who made it up. No doubt a lot of things have proven to orbit Cynthia. I just think in this case, it is coming via Cynthia as opposed to from her.
    Maybe I didn't explain it well. I agree with you. It came via Cynthia. I don't think she made anything up. I think she believed the narrative and spread the word from there. Who do you think misled Cynthia? Jack would be my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

Maybe I didn't explain it well. I agree with you. It came via Cynthia. I don't think she made anything up. I think she believed the narrative and spread the word from there. Who do you think misled Cynthia? Jack would be my guess.
      Ah, OK, yes, we agree then. Jack is a good candidate, since he would know what to feed her, but I'm leaning towards a hypothetical "Mr. Fixit" that made the Chase end for Forrest, per the Dec 7, 2019 email to Dal where Forrest said he was ending it. Forrest would have had a disaster on his hands if he did what he planned in that email, so I think he found a better way.

Who that is, I don't know, maybe it is Jack, but I'm thinking someone else. Someone could have simply selected Jack and said "you're the closest, but Forrest wants to end it to protect his family, do you want to accept it?" for instance.

I'm of the belief the family knows little to nothing for protection from lawsuits, so really those are the only two candidates, imo. I guess I'm thinking it's someone else because the whole motive is protecting the family, and Forrest had to trust this person. Jack was a searcher he didn't truly know.
      Last edited by CRM114; 01-22-2023, 06:31 PM.
      You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

Comment

CRM114 Forrest felt comfortable enough to confide in Dal regarding possibly ending the hunt so he's a strong suspect IMO. Afterall, his blog was the medium Forrest used to get information out to us for all of those years, and we know Cynthia and Dal were close.

Comment

If we had irrefutable proof that NMH was correct then yes, there could be a source with authority and knowledge feeding the info. The problem is, there isn’t a verifiable substantiated source. The secret information matches the leaked information/breaking news because the people perpetuating the secrets are the leakers. I’ll tell you what I think. I think the secret information comes from Cynthia who believes it to be true. She leaks it here and there, the people she told “in confidence” think they have top secret info., there’s drama behind the scenes, backstabbing etc and before you know it people are regurgitating Cynthia’s information as fact. I don’t care how close she was or is to the family. There is no way she knows anything worth anything. Look back at all of the “news” and see how many times Cynthia was involved.
          You are correct imo. I've said it until it is nauseating, Cynthia has broken the mold in terms of neverending inside info.

Comment

CRM114 Forrest felt comfortable enough to confide in Dal regarding possibly ending the hunt so he's a strong suspect IMO. Afterall, his blog was the medium Forrest used to get information out to us for all of those years, and we know Cynthia and Dal were close.
            Wow, Goldilocks. At first I thought nawwww, but as I was going around the store I started thinking.... Hmmm:
            1. Dal is trusted by Forrest, he's almost a consigliere
            2. Forrest is his friend, so I could see doing that for Forrest
            3. Cynthia connection is there
            4. Dal knows the Chase, searchers etc. Dal has helped pick contest winners before. If my theory on how it was ended is correct)

I have to agree he's a candidate. I was wondering why Dal would release the email in that case, though. Then I thought perhaps Forrest told him to after awhile as a sort of "sorry I did what I did, but here's what I was going through."
            You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

I agree with most of that. I don't think we're too different. Neither of us believe NMH is supported by evidence. When you get right down to it, I believe NMH is "made up" in a manner of speaking. I think we just disagree on who made it up. No doubt a lot of things have proven to orbit Cynthia. I just think in this case, it is coming via Cynthia as opposed to from her.
              Cynthia gets her secret info and leaks it down the line. If some of it sticks to the wall, that part grows a leg. Before you know it, it's a walking talking NMH baby. The question still remains, who made it up? This isn't really new territory. It's just way past burping it over and over. I believe the inside info is obviously fed to Cynthia from Shiloh. Whether or not he actually made the storyline up, or is just playing the part he was given remains to be seen. After all, his awesomeness and rumored book is now being spoken of more and more.

Comment

Originally posted by klein View Post

Cynthia gets her secret info and leaks it down the line. If some of it sticks to the wall, that part grows a leg. Before you know it, it's a walking talking NMH baby. The question still remains, who made it up? This isn't really new territory. It's just way past burping it over and over. I believe the inside info is obviously fed to Cynthia from Shiloh. Whether or not he actually made the storyline up, or is just playing the part he was given remains to be seen. After all, his awesomeness and rumored book is now being spoken of more and more.
                You people crack me up. Time to break out the ole sketchbook I guess. Maybe a graphic page featuring DalnotDale, Synth and all the minors supported cast. IT will be drawn strictly for entertainment. Cause yall already know the real Her O was the one-eyed dog nm'd Barf, somebody left for dead on the bridge. Eye wonder waht ever happened to that ole girl? Maybe Karl wood know. Anywho, gonna call it (the page) "Ret's Go Shiroh!" but of course, I'm not referring to THE Shiloh. If I was going to draw him in, you'd certainly have to look deep in the details to find him.

Big Bear Bald Eagle Live Nest Cam https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4-L2nfGcuE

p . s . . . he's gonna regret killing that kitty
                Last edited by sally; 01-23-2023, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by klein View Post

I see no reason why Forrest couldn't have made a video of the clues, and perhaps he made one saying that Brown is a fish he caught as a kid and the hiding place is Nine Mile Hole. But if the Chase was ended to facilitate other goals, then what would stop him from making a video with bogus information? Except for the smell test, how could you prove it?

Comment

If 9MH is ever proven to have any connection to the poem, I officially nominate Jake Faulker to eat his sweaty hat and his well worn socks.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

This goes all the way back to the Olds and their Lawyers using the Jack story in court to move their fake ending to keep the location of and reason for the chase a secret.
                      They knew with that bad cover story they turned Forrest Fenn into a dumb hick who lied and cheated but they did not care. They had no problem destroying his name so they could hold their head high and keep their name in Santa Fe. It has been over two years where are the people who pretended they cared about the man.
                      That is the 5 million dollar question . Because IMHO , if it was my grandpa who passed away , the LAST thing in the world I would do is : Slang his collection on egay AND put the house I grew up in for sale at 5 mill.........It is almost like they could NOT wait for him to die .
                      "Make it Happen! With the Power of Thought" - Mrs. and Mr. Fenndery (close to each and every day)

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post

I see no reason why Forrest couldn't have made a video of the clues, and perhaps he made one saying that Brown is a fish he caught as a kid and the hiding place is Nine Mile Hole. But if the Chase was ended to facilitate other goals, then what would stop him from making a video with bogus information? Except for the smell test, how could you prove it?
                        Hey Spoon,
                        I suggest; "Two can keep a secret if one of them is dead" = motive to keep the solve hidden = intention to keep solve hidden = legacy preservation.

Forrest may have had a change of heart.....he once said something like, "the finder would likely want to talk about the solve," but at the end, the "fail-safe" was the "finder" indicating that, "he wanted to preserve Forrest's special place." All this.....subterfuge much?

If Forrest went so far as to cover his claim of Wyoming with an affidavit, then he's covered because, "possession is 9/10ths the law." If he said "Wyoming," then how does one go about proving otherwise, especially when the Gov't is on board.....and signed off to his claim?

IMO, the way to "prove" locality is to answer the question of, "Who is Brown?" That fish up there in Wyoming.....does nothing to answer the questions of Richard Wetherill, Byron Harvey, the Navajo (Silversmith), and the turquoise bracelet. Doesn't answer any of "LeRoy's hints" either.

Said it before....Since the recovery of the chest, anything coming out from the finder or the Forrest camp should be viewed with a high degree of skepticism. Cheers.

Comment

Hey trueyeti - yeah, I've seen your posts before and your focus on these things, as well as your proposed solution. Independent of your concepts, I don't think there's any way to prove anything. Even if a person could show how the poem matched their solution or the book or other writings corroborated it, someone could otherwise say that a different interpretation was intended or that the things used for corroboration were just red herrings. No "mathematical proof" is possible.

What we can say for sure is that the ending that has been reported to us is in contradiction to many things that the author told us and otherwise doesn't pass the smell test. I think instead of everyone jumping up and down screaming, "My solution is right!", as is often the case on this forum, we all ought to be trying to figure out what really happened at the end. I've yet to see an explanation that makes sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

That is the 5 million dollar question . Because IMHO , if it was my grandpa who passed away , the LAST thing in the world I would do is : Slang his collection on egay AND put the house I grew up in for sale at 5 mill.........It is almost like they could NOT wait for him to die .
                            F told us he had planned his estate out long ago so it wouldn't be a burden and to keep vultures from cicrcling. Anyone with even a small estate should plan ahead. Letting homes sit idle, while paying maintenance, insurance and taxes doesn't benefit anyone. The family had many items from over the years. You can't collect it all, even though f attempted, and you can't take it with you so shedding possessions is not a bad thing. There was a trust that spelled everything out long before f or Peggy left. The alternative to not planning things out the proper way leads to excessive inheritance taxes, turmoil, lengthy probate and wishes are never satisfactory to anyone.

Let 2023 be the year for getting things in order because none of us know how many days we might have left. Leave your families with some peace of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post
                              Hey trueyeti - yeah, I've seen your posts before and your focus on these things, as well as your proposed solution. Independent of your concepts, I don't think there's any way to prove anything. Even if a person could show how the poem matched their solution or the book or other writings corroborated it, someone could otherwise say that a different interpretation was intended or that the things used for corroboration were just red herrings. No "mathematical proof" is possible.

What we can say for sure is that the ending that has been reported to us is in contradiction to many things that the author told us and otherwise doesn't pass the smell test. I think instead of everyone jumping up and down screaming, "My solution is right!", as is often the case on this forum, we all ought to be trying to figure out what really happened at the end. I've yet to see an explanation that makes sense to me.
                              Hey Spoon,
                              I hear you....I read those words....they don't fall on deaf ears. Agree to disagree, or whatever they call it..... a couple of points (the other side of the coin).

Proving that the frog is in TTOTC (and pictured prominently) is not an issue because it is self-evident. Proving that there is a symbol on the eye of the frog....the same thing. Yes, other interpretations can apply. IMO...often, there are more than a few that do apply, for example, who, what, how, when, where, and why is.....Brown. There is more than one answer here and by necessity, more than one interpretation, applies.

Regarding the math point you mention. I have a mathematical formula that incorporates information from Forrest that shows the distance from the dome on his home....to the US General Land Office Survey Marker out there at Bisti. It involves 124.5 (a page reference number given by Forrest in a SB, and the "pies" (2 for 10-cents, or 4 pieces for 0.05 cents). If your interested....I can show my claim and findings. With respect to the math.....I have figured LeRoy's comment about "broken math" to the 9-Clues out there on the ground at Bisti.

Look mate, I get the jist of the momentum in your comment about discussing the who, what, how, when, where, and the why of just why the treasure hunt ended.....like it did... I get it. Your point is valid. Regarding my take on these fine points you bring up....I have detailed what I think transpired in the deep past....I'd have to search for that post/comment....and get back to you to link the comment.....

I'll only say right now....If Forrest knew that someone was right on top of the chest....but had not heard from that person in 23 months....then he would have cause to have ended the chase. IMO....for all he knew, the chest had been recovered......and it was a matter of him, needing to know for sure...one way, or the other. IMO...that fits with the email to Dal of, "causing the chase to end," and is in line with what he said regarding the "one way to know." Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X