Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F hid the TC then wrote the poem?

It makes sense now
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

good to see you interacting with your peers again kpro

Comment

Originally posted by fallingrock View Post
      good to see you interacting with your peers again kpro

Trying to find my place. I am not on charge now here, letting mods handle that so just a place to be unattacked. Sounds strange but my reality. Ty for the rewelcome. Oh the irony.
      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

So how on Earth does this correlate when he stated he worked on the poem over 15 years, that belies his statement of hiding the chest in 2010. That cannot be true can it?

Comment

Originally posted by RFISH

I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure chest, but I didn't
          This statement by Fenn seemed to be contradicted by Prestons intro in OUAW. Preston sees
          the chest and reads an early version of the poem. Perhaps he simply meant he didn’t hide the treasure chest at all.
          Can of pepper

* To answer some questions and save others from being asked, I did follow the clues in the poem when I hid the treasure chest, although I hid it before the poem was complete. (Completed?) f​
          These two statements seem at odds. Maybe he wrote the earlier version of the poem, showed it and the chest to Preston, then hid the chest and revised the poem.
          The Salmon of Knowledge believes he was telling us the chest was hidden at the tarry scant stanza- before the poem is completed by the last stanza.
          like this
          not this
          Yes ... That is how I have always interpreted this statement. I still can't wrap my head around why some would believe otherwise, considering all of the earlier things said that one would have to completely disregard.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
            It makes sense now
            Does it really? Have you read page 131 very carefully?

First he says that "It's in the mountains north of Santa Fe." The chest is already hidden in the mountains at this point of his narrative.

Then, he says, "...at almost-eighty. I figured it was time to act. So I wrote a poem."

The chest was hidden long before he wrote the poem and while he still thought he would die from cancer.

There is another chest.

Comment

The Salmon of Knowledge believes he was telling us the chest was hidden at the tarry scant stanza- before the poem is completed by the last stanza.
              like this
              not this
              I'm thinking like this:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	FENNBOW.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	485661

Comment

I could have written the poem before I hid the treasure chest, but I didn't
                This statement by Fenn seemed to be contradicted by Prestons intro in OUAW. Preston sees
                the chest and reads an early version of the poem. Perhaps he simply meant he didn’t hide the treasure chest at all.
                Exactly and a perfect example. Statements by Fenn don't necessarily mean what they appear to mean. If they did, then all the contradictions might keep us from believing that he ever hid a treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post
                  So how on Earth does this correlate when he stated he worked on the poem over 15 years, that belies his statement of hiding the chest in 2010. That cannot be true can it?
                  It is actually clever. He wrote the poem over years, but until he actually hid it, the poem was not finished. One of the clues references the actual part of the process of hiding it, therefore he needed to complete the journey before the poem was finished. That quote always bothered me and now knowing the 9 clues and this explanation, makes total sense. IMO

Comment

It is actually clever. He wrote the poem over years, but until he actually hid it, the poem was not finished. One of the clues references the actual part of the process of hiding it, therefore he needed to complete the journey before the poem was finished. That quote always bothered me and now knowing the 9 clues and this explanation, makes total sense. IMO
                    Is this the 9 clues where Brown is a fish he named when he was a kid and the route to the chest includes a "Fenn rock"?

Comment

Can you elaborate on—-“One of the clues references the actual part of the process of hiding it.”

Comment

Originally posted by RFISH View Post

Can you elaborate on—-“One of the clues references the actual part of the process of hiding it.”
                        The journey of "getting out of your car" ref: Nov 2019 interview, that is embedded in the poem. the journey of hiding it. I am not sure if that makes sense or I am explaining it well.

Comment

The journey of "getting out of your car" ref: Nov 2019 interview, that is embedded in the poem. the journey of hiding it. I am not sure if that makes sense or I am explaining it well.
                          If , by “the journey of hiding it” you mean the journey from where you park your car to where the chest was hidden, then
                          I guess I’m picking up what you’re putting down. The effort being worth the cold makes some sense to me if the “effort”
                          was the hiding of the chest, which would start when you get out of the car. I have my own take on “worth the cold”. I feel
                          it goes back to his gun not shooting straight and having to aim to the right. The cold water’s always on the right.

Comment

Originally posted by RFISH View Post

If , by “the journey of hiding it” you mean the journey from where you park your car to where the chest was hidden, then
                            I guess I’m picking up what you’re putting down. The effort being worth the cold makes some sense to me if the “effort”
                            was the hiding of the chest, which would start when you get out of the car. I have my own take on “worth the cold”. I feel
                            it goes back to his gun not shooting straight and having to aim to the right. The cold water’s always on the right.
                            I think when the actual 9 clues comes out from FF, in his voice, it will make sense and will dissapoint.

Comment

I think when the actual 9 clues comes out from FF, in his voice, it will make sense and will dissapoint.
                              I'd be happy just to hear the scoundrel's voice. As to the when and where, who gives a damn!

Comment

Working...
                              X