Simple Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
    I understand now that it is impossible to continue this thread without placing my own "confirmation bias" into it -
    so.......
    I declare this thread to be officially closed.
    Best of luck to y'all.
    That's too bad. I enjoyed the discussion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr hand View Post

if u cant find a palace in the sand with lush vegetation in Colorado...u aint lookin very hard
      Hey Hand,
      It's not about looking harder. It's about looking smarter.

Comment

• Hey,
        The "officially closed" segment of this thread equates to the adolescent outburst, "I'm taking my toys and going home." It is not helpful, nor is it useful in identifying the locality where Forrest hid his treasure chest, or in substantiating the "winning solve."

As an alternative approach, I suggest the reformulation of the "Simple Logic" portion of this thread into identifying the terms of the said logic as applied to the "rainbow and the treasure" to identify a locality while considering Forrest's use of the colon.....(what comes before....tied into what comes after it).

Define these things in terms of objects and symbols: What do they symbolize and what they mean (rainbow/treasure).....with special consideration given to the fact that the colon is a key operator in the deciphering of interpretations. That colon means that an arrow is flowing forward and an arrow is flowing backwards at the same time. The symbols, objects and meanings of the deciphered terms flow to and from things before and after the colon. There must be agreement with those values (objects and symbols and things) and a location.

You can't just pick one direction and go with it (rainbow = Colorado), and cry foul, and take your toys and go home. The simple logic of the colon with respect to what appears before and after it.....must agree in terms of the symbols and the meaning with a locality. You cannot just pick "rainbow" and say Colorado. That is unhelpful.

I suggest that this "officially closed" thread now be deleted by the person that is trying to help, but is rather creating subterfuge. Cheers.

Comment

• I'll play Devil's Advocate here for a moment and pose a question. Why assume that the words that precede the colon on page 132 (and 131) are necessarily helpful to solving the poem? It's hard to imagine sensibly ending the narrative preceding the poem with anything other than a colon, since those words introduce it. Alternatives:

"So I wrote a poem containing nine clues which when solved will tell you where the treasure is hidden:"

"So I wrote a poem (blah blah blah). Here it is:"

"If you want to figure out where I hid the treasure, you will need to solve this poem:"

In none of these alternatives would you end the last sentence with a period. There are many other examples from TTOTC where Forrest did the same thing, starting with page 63:

"A few days later with the luxury of hot chocolate, I made some notes that might be helpful to any future sixteen-year-old geniuses who think looking for Lewis and Clark might be fun:
          • Hunger is both unrelenting and unreasonable.
          • You can’t hide from thunderstorms.
          • Porcupine meat tastes like kerosene.
          • Coffee made by boiling pine needles can bring on cardiac arrest.
          • There’s nothing worse than a wet bedroll on a cold night.
          • Mountains can suffer instant personality reversals.
          • The older you get the smarter your parents become.
          • Movies lie to you.
          Page 70:

"They put heavy doses of saltpeter in the food and built huge bonfires at night so the cadets could herd in close and sing songs like the one Romberg wrote:

Give me some men who are stout-hearted men,
          Who will fight for the right they adore,
          Start me with ten who are stout-hearted men,
          And I’ll soon give you ten thousand more.
          Shoulder to shoulder and bolder and bolder,
          They grow as they go to the fore.
          Then there’s nothing in the world can halt or mar a plan,
          When stout-hearted men can stick together man to man.

Page 75:

"If Evetts were here, surely he would allow me the fantasy pleasure of addressing them to my wife as well:

Courage wears a crimson coat
          Trimmed in trappings bold;
          Knowledge dons a dress of note,
          Fame’s cloth is gold.
          Far they range and fair they roam
          Much they do and dare,
          While gray-gowned patience sits at home,
          And weaves the cloth they wear.

Page 95:

A French name and rank was following by arcing English words across the top:

IF YOU SHOULD EVER THINK OF ME
          WHEN I HAVE PASSED THIS VALE,
          AND WISH TO PLEASE MY GHOST,
          FORGIVE A SINNER AND SMILE AT A HOMELY GIRL

Page 100-101:

"His words are some of those that tell the insidious stories the best, stories that have made me think:

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
          Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
          Shall lure it back to cancel half a line,
          Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.

Alike for those who for To-day prepare,
          And those that after some To-morrow stare,
          A Muezzin from the Tower of Darkness cries,
          “Fools!” Your Reward is neither Here nor There.

Strange, is it not? That of the myriads who
          Before us pass’d the Door of Darkness through
          Not one returns to tell us of the Road,
          Which to discover we must travel too.

There are two more examples, but you get the point. If there is no other sensible way to introduce the poem without a colon-terminated sentence, I think it's presumptuous to attach significance to the result of merging that leading sentence with the first stanza of the poem. Especially so in this case when the lead in sentence is stand-alone, the first stanza is stand-alone, and a solitary sentence merging the two is nonsensical.

Comment

• This is wwwamericana s thread. Would you say you’re honestly staying true to it and not hijacking it to push your own solve?

Comment

• Originally posted by lowkey View Post
              This is wwwamericana s thread. Would you say you’re honestly staying true to it and not hijacking it to push your own solve?
              Hey key,
              Simple logic is the threads title. "What say we put away our "detailed solves" for just a bit and go about this together using SIMPLE logic?
              If y'all are game, then I will begin it......​" is the comment of the thread.

Later in this thread it was the starter of the thread who stated that "we" should focus on Colorado.....
              Later after that, the starter checked out and folded.

If you can't understand that the starter of this thread deviated from their intended purpose to plug their own solution, then who is it that is pushing their own solve except the starter of this thread? In other words mate....what exactly are you saying? I didn't really see any comments in this thread "pushing their solve," as you commented. Most of the commenters seem to be trying to appease and address the question posed by the original comment of this thread.

What "simple logic" do you propose to use going forward from here? Can you please help? Maybe you could Google "simple logic" and post the results here on this thread. Or, do you think that doing that will somehow, "hijack, or derail" this thread? What pray tell, do you propose we do? Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr hand View Post

if u cant find a palace in the sand with lush vegetation in Colorado...u aint lookin very hard
                Ya hey, there is sand everywhere in the RM's: River bottoms and shores, lake bottoms and shores, creek and stream bottom shores, etc etc.

"The summer sun can sap your strength so it is best to wear long sleeves, long pants, and always a hat, especially in New Mexico. At the first sign of fatigue, turn back. If you are not camping plan to be out of the mountains before dark. If your solve is in the desert, get a new solve, and remember, much of the Rio Grande River is not in the Rocky Mountains.​"f

https://mysteriouswritings.com/featu...ow-the-limits/

Simple logic:

"There are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt, and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts. f

https://mysteriouswritings.com/forre...he-first-clue/

But hey, FF also said something about "Imagination" : "Imagination isn't a technique, it's a key."f

"......Nearly all of them are north of Sante Fe.f"

Colorado is North of Sante Fe. and so are most of the RM's. and Wyoming and Montana. Lol. The least amount , comparatively , are in New Mexico.
                Last edited by Alsetenash; 01-14-2023, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• A dragon whispered the general location into my ear...

Comment

• True Yeti : dude enough of derailing everyones thread , thought , post ....its just really tiring bro .
                    Zozo ": Same thing .

As I have gone alone in there - I alone --------Mex I co
                    Hint of riches NEW and OLD - OLD Mexico NEW Mexico

Where warm waters halt - Book When the W eather W as W arm ---------------Katy railroad tracks

Research WHERE the Katy railroad tracks led to , Water Halts all along the tracks .

LMFAO!! I would LOVE to see mr , homeofgay , err brown .....or any 9 mile HOLER match THAT . And that is just the start . I
                    know , I know , TOO much logic and fact to back up MY ideas so of course its all bullshit .....Carry on , only thing to see is me running circles around most blabber wockys here on THOR .....\

wwwamericana If you want to come back , you are more than welcome to continue my first contribution to this thread . It follows all of you guidelines you so CLEARLY communicated to us . No solve or bias here . Just finding the state to start .
                    Peace .
                    Last edited by Fenndery; 01-14-2023, 04:12 AM.
                    "Make it Happen! With the Power of Thought" - Mrs. and Mr. Fenndery (close to each and every day)

Comment

• Originally posted by trueyeti View Post
                      Hey,
                      The "officially closed" segment of this thread equates to the adolescent outburst, "I'm taking my toys and going home." It is not helpful, nor is it useful in identifying the locality where Forrest hid his treasure chest, or in substantiating the "winning solve."

As an alternative approach, I suggest the reformulation of the "Simple Logic" portion of this thread into identifying the terms of the said logic as applied to the "rainbow and the treasure" to identify a locality while considering Forrest's use of the colon.....(what comes before....tied into what comes after it).

Define these things in terms of objects and symbols: What do they symbolize and what they mean (rainbow/treasure).....with special consideration given to the fact that the colon is a key operator in the deciphering of interpretations. That colon means that an arrow is flowing forward and an arrow is flowing backwards at the same time. The symbols, objects and meanings of the deciphered terms flow to and from things before and after the colon. There must be agreement with those values (objects and symbols and things) and a location.

You can't just pick one direction and go with it (rainbow = Colorado), and cry foul, and take your toys and go home. The simple logic of the colon with respect to what appears before and after it.....must agree in terms of the symbols and the meaning with a locality. You cannot just pick "rainbow" and say Colorado. That is unhelpful.

I suggest that this "officially closed" thread now be deleted by the person that is trying to help, but is rather creating subterfuge. Cheers.
                      ENOUGH ALEADY Jesus Christ I am, so sick of your yammering and destroying EVERY conversation on this forum ..Seriously man , stay off the meth and cut it out
                      "Make it Happen! With the Power of Thought" - Mrs. and Mr. Fenndery (close to each and every day)

Comment

• Originally posted by Alsetenash View Post

Ya hey, there is sand everywhere in the RM's: River bottoms and shores, lake bottoms and shores, creek and stream bottom shores, etc etc.

"The summer sun can sap your strength so it is best to wear long sleeves, long pants, and always a hat, especially in New Mexico. At the first sign of fatigue, turn back. If you are not camping plan to be out of the mountains before dark. If your solve is in the desert, get a new solve, and remember, much of the Rio Grande River is not in the Rocky Mountains.​"f

Simple logic:

"There are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt, and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts. f

But hey, FF also said something about "Imagination" : "Imagination isn't a technique, it's a key."f

Colorado is North of Sante Fe. and so are most of the RM's. and Wyoming and Montana. Lol. The least amount , comparatively , are in New Mexico.
                        Hey Alse,
                        How does a sandwich and a flashlight help you in "the palace in the sand" - where "X-Marks the Spot?"

Do the rainbow and the treasure have something to do with the sandwich and the flashlight?

Is the place of the "palace of the sand" where Forrest felt the most comfortable, and is that place where he hid his chest?

And what does "simple logic" have to do with solving riddles and connecting the dots - if the dots you're looking at are in the wrong location?

sandwich - x-marks the spot - flashlight - palace in the sand
                        Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RFISH

Lest we forget :

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                          Fenn clarifies - as discussed in chat -

Does the semi-colon have specific meaning for the correct solve? If so, what?
                          No. f

Does punctuation have significance in solving the poem? If so, what?
                          No. f​
                          Hey Fish,
                          In the hands of the man with the magic wand; "Mandrake Fenn," view through the smoke and see the mirrors:

Lest we learn the technique of the trickster:

No. f
                          Means Yes....

No. f​​
                          Means Yes....

Lest you remember the reverse lettering on "Mandrake Fenn" versus Eric Sloan's name. The answer to that riddle....is "reverse/flip." If he did it in an image......he can do it with words too. If you can't see this clearly, then the smoke is in your eyes and you are a poor riddle-solver....lest you learn.

If he had said...."yes," then.....wouldn't that have changed the trajectory of the symbol of the colon, and it would have changed the trajectory of the meaning of the punctuation too? Everybody would be thinking differently. He said "No" on purpose. Remember, that SB 107 "Mandrake Fenn" is a drawing....it has symbols and has a meaning. Those questions that were asked of Forrest.....were answered with a single "No" in both instances. Those words are symbols too. Last time I heard..... a negative times a negative equals a positive. What, do you really think that the magician would lay out riddles....and then all of the sudden provide answers that were discordant with his bag of magic tricks? You think that all of the sudden, Forrest is going to be transparent and tell the truth? Or would his answers also be riddles? hahahaha! Wyoming? Really? Prove it. Please oh please, won't someone tell me for Wyoming, "Who is Brown?" PS.....the answer is not a fantasy, but rather.....stands up to the scrutiny. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

ENOUGH ALEADY Jesus Christ I am, so sick of your yammering and destroying EVERY conversation on this forum ..Seriously man , stay off the meth and cut it out
                            Hey Fenn,
                            Okay. I'm sorry that you are offended and unable to contribute anything beyond adolescent temper tantrums. Got anything constructive mate? Yes? No? Well, its okay.....theta is not all that bad. But the opportunity is here for you now to contribute something useful if you like; tell us, "Who is Brown?" Otherwise, hate me for all your worth. Hate me good mate, just remember....try and breath in a little air, otherwise you'll turn blue, and if you do, you can thank, you know who. Cheers.
                            Last edited by trueyeti; 01-14-2023, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alsetenash View Post

Simple logic:

why do u think f made sure searchers know wwwh was north of sf? the book also says the treasure was north of sf. the he breaks out this specific measurement of how far north lol. all so u dont pay attention to the common denominator sf. wag that dog f

Comment

• Originally posted by RFISH
                                Sorry man. The reversing thing serves a specific purpose, which seems to elude all but the Salmon of Knowledge.
                                To assume it applies to all Fenn statements would be shortsighted to say the least.
                                Try reading the poem with your eyes closed, and your mind opened.
                                And remember- No means No, unless you think he meant there IS A paddle up the creek, and it IS A place for the meek.
                                Try Eric Sloane’s Brown
                                Hey Fish,
                                The treasure chest was found in Wyoming right or wrong? If Wyoming, then "Who is Brown?" If not Wyoming, then "Who is Brown?" If Wyoming, then Brown will link to not only the poem, but the things in the chapter "Gold and More." The colon is a riddle that links the poem to the chapter. But there are those who call themselves "searchers" who do not know to look at the chapter as a riddle too. They may see the poem as a riddle....but instead they go outside the chapter and focus on "praying for D's," or "praying to THOR," or to "olive jars," while ignoring the things of the chapter, which are inextricably part of the main riddle of the poem. The colon not important? Yes or No? If "Yes"....then things of the chapter are important, if "No," then the things of the chapter are not important. The turquoise bracelet important? Yes or No. What about the other items....and their histories, and what he wrote about them? Discount them at your own risk....but do it now.....so everyone can see you do it.

If Forrest "put something of himself" into the chest.....then why ignore those things that are in the chapter? A riddle's answer requires you to "know where and how and why to look." And Forrest said that there were subtle clues in the book and elsewhere now didn't he? Something about knowing where to look for those "subtle clues." So why ignore the turquoise bracelet and what he wrote? Why ignore the colon? Why ignore the fact that Mandrake Fenn has a magic wand?

Maybe because searchers fail to understand a riddle. Maybe because they are fooling themselves by ignoring the items that he specifically wrote about in the chapter and put into the treasure chest. Maybe because they don't want to know the answers and are happy with their own solves down their own rabbit holes.

The poem reads "And with my treasures bold." Does that exclude Forrest's descriptions of those items of the chest, which are not listed in the poem? Because if you think that it does exclude those items discussed previous to the colon, then you have to exclude them and agree with Forrest's answer to the question:

No. f
                                Means Yes, because that colon links the items that he wrote about previous to the colon to "And with my treasures bold" (the poem). If you don't agree with this then the items of his treasure chest have nothing to do with "treasures bold."

No. f​​
                                Means Yes.... for the same reasons.....

Maybe you could take the recommended dosage of medicine that you are suggesting, to instead, open your copy of TTOTC, open your eyes, and open your mind. Part of the treasures bold.....is a M/W on the eye of the frog....page 133. Are we to close our eyes to that....as per your recommendation too? Cheers.​

Comment

Working...
                                X