• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The titanic connection was John Law Hume

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
      wwwamericana

I am just trying to play your game. You made the Colorado choice. My first solution was also Colorado. And Steamboat Springs. This is certainly a place WWWH (bathing in hot water facilities), and the name of the city because the hot springs made the noise of a steam engine. And even more important: the great fighter pilot Robin Olds lived there after his retirement and organised yearly meetings there with other fighter pilots he was friends with. More to come. I follow your sheme and instructions, with my Steamboat logic
      Glad you're here! There were 4 states to pick from - Colorado was just chosen to start the game.
      Perhaps at some point in thyme we can take a look at one of the others.
      I don't have the answers - that's a fact; just trying to have some fun, share some ideas, and gain some experience in treasure hunting.
      Robin Olds is quite a hero - dodged many a bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

Yes, that Molly Brown museum in Denver brought me to Steamboat Springs also…the Titanic was a steamboat, and Molly survived the Titanic disaster..
        I like the Steamboat area as well. As you know, Steamboat is west of Denver (as are the Rocky Mountains), not "below," or south of, this home of Brown. How did you reconcile that? It works for me if I turn the map 90 degrees.
        Last edited by elperro; 01-12-2023, 08:44 PM.

Comment

I once considered Brown Mountain, just out of Silverton, CO as a candidate for HOB.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
            Brown's Canyon is likely one of your three. On the Arkansas River if my memory is correct. Collegiate Peaks nearby (if you've been wise), but otherwise I didn't find a lot to like about this area. Obviously other searchers liked this area, including one who unfortunately drowned.

Of the spots in Colorado, the only area that I thought had any chance at all was near Ouray (ice-climbing: WWWH). But it's not remotely in the same league as Gallatin Canyon in Montana as far as aligning with the poem.
            Yes, Brown's Canyon is along the Arkansas River, near Nathrop.

There's also a John Brown Canyon up in Gateway, CO, by the Dolores River.

For those who like Telluride, the San Miguel flows out of Telluride into the Dolores River, which also flows out of the same (general) area, on a different course until its meets the San Miguel and then continues on as the Dolores River.
            Lost Time is never found again. - Benjamin Franklin​

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

You are right - the canyon WWWsH is too far to walk (to).
              Almost....grammatically it is not far, but too far to walk from your vantage point at wwwh.....that you have to enter a canyon, and not merely "take it in" (as in view it) is an assumption.

Comment

Thyme to downsize again.
                Let's follow the lead in the book and go with breaking the state in half.
                Which half shall we stay with?

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
                  Thyme to downsize again.
                  Let's follow the lead in the book and go with breaking the state in half.
                  Which half shall we stay with?
                  Western half.

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

Western half.
                    Far side, then.

Comment

I'd also go for the northern half if we want to divide it that way.

Comment

I don't see much talk about the first stanza in the poem here on this thread.. We go from picking a state straight to WWWH. Does anyone think the first stanza is important to finding the treasure, or is it just a filler?

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
                          I don't see much talk about the first stanza in the poem here on this thread.. We go from picking a state straight to WWWH. Does anyone think the first stanza is important to finding the treasure, or is it just a filler?
                          It's needed, it's important, but it's incomplete without the sentence before it; you need that too, and the sentence before it. I posted about the grammar of why in my thread, Becoming Forrest Fenn (link is to post)

Comment

We got the western half and the northern half suggested. First question - is it in the mountains? Second, is your HOB located here?

Comment

I offer the southern half but will yield to the majority.

Comment

As I have stated many times the fact that colon suggests it is connected to what is to follow, namely the poem itself then the word rainbow which comes before the word treasure implies that the rainbow is instrumental in disclosing the treasure's location. It is of foremost importance.
                                To simplify as Forrest said, alerts one to the fact that COLORADO is the only state with COLOR in its name, and what does a rainbow consist of if not COLOR. It is known as 'COLORFUL COLORADO' on its welcoming signs as you enter the state itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X