Simple Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
    Whoa........slow down, Partner. Don't think we are ready to get wet yet LOL. Concentrate on the first stanza, first sentence.
    Montana? Wyoming? Colorado? or New Mexico?
    Wyoming.
    Rudy Green[e]
    "First to the Miracle Log"
    whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

Comment

Without having wwwh none of the clues can be confirmed if solved. Many thought you needed to find a state then maybe a county and then a town. Some thought the border, the problem was most were at the wrong borders. If people listened good they would have known right away using logic that the treasure was not in Yellowstone. Forrest said there were a couple of good hints those were meant to get the reader to the starting point IMO. Having a chapter IN love with Yellowstone tells you it is not there, using logic. You can trust the things the man told us or you might as well say there was no chest.

Comment

BIWWWH....check!!

I wonder why you and everyone else ignore this.

*sighs*

Instead of ignoring it...you should really try to see if you can dismiss the facts.

Doubtful.....but I encourage you to try.

If one cannot dismiss the facts, then one must accept them as true.

Logic dictates this....not imagination...not luck....only logic.

Clue # 1 - BIWWWH -- [Begin it where warm waters halt]
        - location = Cameron, MT / West Fork Cabin Camp
        - adventure = in the Rocky Mtns
        - ref to notoriety = William Marvin Fenn, Sr
        - reason for this clue = His Father was the person who took Forrest's family into the Rocky Mountains to this location. FYI - this place was owned by his Grandparents - The Simpsons.
        = The Simpsons owned this tourist camping and lodging rest area for travellers. It contains RV parking, a campground and about 10 "One-Room cabins" (ref TTotC PG 46 & picture comparisons). Each cabin contains a kitchenette, a water basin/shower/sink - where warm waters halt !
        = I had stayed at this location three times - 2015, 2017, & 2018
        = Forrest used bathroom references, tubs, showers, mirrors and pictures of these things and people at this place in TTotC and in Scrapbooks - to give us all hints.
        ++ One can "dip their toe(s) into a nice, 'warm water' bath in order to make sure the 'basin'/'Olga's tub' is 'comfortable.'
        ++ Forrest took pictures of inside his shower - to show a slight need for paredolia / imagination
        ++ There is a doodle that has circulated with Forrest looking at a younger Self in the mirror.
        = Forrest stayed here with his family on their Summer trips
        = Mr. Carl & Mrs. Arie Simpson (Grandparents) and young children are photographed in front of the main office (ref. TTotC PG 44)
        = Donnie and Forrest are photographed sitting on the office porch (ref. TTotC PG 68)
        = Forrest, his Dad, and his realtor friend are photographed standing in front of the office (this picture is from a Scrapbook - ref. Dal's old website (photo attached). In addition, this photo was also used in Dal's no longer available Vimeo video - "Forrest Photo Gallery" and appeared at the 11:30 timestamp - while Forrest is speaking that his mother "died 30 ft from that spot". You will also notice the inclusion of two additional rooftop photos. One is cropped from the "realtor friends" photo and the other is cropped from a recent photo I took.
        = Forrest's Father had managed this location in the 1950s/1960s
        = inside the main office is a tackle shop - In which Forrest managed when he was a teen / "trusted" by his Grandparents/"The Management" to do so
        = Forrest was a fishing guide - for the tourist fishermen staying here.
        = Forrest stated multiple times it was the place his Mother had died (I counted 3 times) - which would make this location a very special place to Forrest. All this while being owned by his Grandparents. How special do you think it was to Forrest if it was a location that holds all his special memories?
        ++ "I was going to make it work no matter what." - f
        ++ "The spot where I hid the treasure was in my mind from the time I first started thinking about the chase. It is special to me and there was never another consideration. I was going to make it work no matter what. In my reverie I often find myself stealing away to that place and I will always consider it to be mine.” (MW Questions with Forrest 7/5/2014)
        = Forrest had probably purchased this place [already] to keep it in his family. This has a high probability to be factual. // This nicely fits with land ownership/title:
        = "...and I will always consider it to be mine." - f
        - you would also think this way, if you had bought the location, because you now own it.
        = this was his "comfortable" home away from his TX home

.....do you need more details?.....

Really?

Good luck
        Tim​
        Last edited by Tim (ZosoRocks); 01-11-2023, 03:02 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar and typos.

Comment

So getting back to the task at hand - determining the state where the poem and book leads us, let's get to work.
          There was one comment about Wyoming and one mentioning Montana but Colorado is where I would like to start (ready El P?).

So let's assume it is Colorado - are there any hints in the book and/or poem that would support this assumption?
          1. El P commented that Forrest never mentioned Colorado - good point. He "passed" often and he stated that it was important that no one knew of his secret location.
          2. I'm gonna mention that Forrest thot it wise to take out color ads to promote his business ventures. A "color ad" - now that's rather interesting and rad.
          You promised simple logic based upon facts. Where is the logic of FACTS here?

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

You promised simple logic based upon facts. Where is the logic of FACTS here?
            First off - I never made a "promise" - cross my heart.
            Secondly - let's be reasonable here - who says logic is always based on facts?
            And lastly, this is a game we are playing - if you don't wanna play, then don't.

Now addressing my last post - if you wanna keep a secret then it's best not to talk about "it" just in case you might chance letting the cat outta the bag.
            Not sure that's a fact but sure is a mighty good idea.
            And.....if you DO want to give a "hint" out about a state then utilizing color ads might be the way to go.
            I would suggest that you read the "fine print" in those ads cuz it can be very important information (***important literature).

Whether Colorado is correct, who knows?
            This is a team event so pitch in with your thots y'all.
            Score right now as I see it is: Fenn 9 and Searchers 0.......

Comment

So we’re assuming it is Colorado. What’s the next step?

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post
                So we’re assuming it is Colorado. What’s the next step?
                You asking me?
                Why don't you try addressing this, El P, while I make my way home......

Comment

First off - I never made a "promise" - cross my heart.
                  Secondly - let's be reasonable here - who says logic is always based on facts?
                  Indeed, you never promised that the logic should be based upon facts. But I thought so, because in your first question, you asked us : « true or false » , but you, indeed omitted this question in your second statement about Colorado.
                  My answer would be: « it is a possibility », but the justification of this statement seems not very convincing for me. But that is my opinion.
                  Last edited by jan_v60; 01-12-2023, 04:36 AM.

Comment

You asking me?
                    Why don't you try addressing this, El P, while I make my way home......
                    Once we have a search state in mind, the approach I would take is to now think about where warm waters halt. When considering the answer to this locational clue, it could be important to keep an open mind, and there are a lot of considerations. For example, what is water, what is warm, what does halt mean. What is the size of the location, could it be large or small etc. Are there any hints in the book that could lead one to an answer, etc.

Lets start with the first one . . . what is warm water? Here are some candidates:
                    - actual water
                    - blood or body fluid

to be continued .. . . interrupted by phone call

I'm back.
                    - is "where warm water halts" symbolic or literal
                    - does halted water affect it's surroundings
                    - does it halt temporarily or permanently
                    - is pareidolia involved
                    - are there any pertinent biological implications of when and where warm waters halt

There must be some hints or clues in the book pertaining to WWWH . . .
                    Last edited by elperro; 01-11-2023, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

Once we have a search state in mind, the approach I would take is to now think about where warm waters halt. When considering the answer to this locational clue, it could be important to keep an open mind, and there are a lot of considerations. For example, what is water, what is warm, what does halt mean. What is the size of the location, could it be large or small etc. Are there any hints in the book that could lead one to an answer, etc.

Lets start with the first one . . . what is warm water? Here are some candidates:
                      - actual water
                      - blood or body fluid

to be continued .. . . interrupted by phone call

I'm back.
                      - is "where warm water halts" symbolic or literal
                      - does halted water affect it's surroundings
                      - does it halt temporarily or permanently
                      - is pareidolia involved
                      - are there any pertinent biological implications of when and where warm waters halt

There must be some hints or clues in the book pertaining to WWWH . . .
                      Do you always just ignore posts that present the answers to those questions?

Do you think - still asking the questions will benefit you if you choose to ignore the answers given?

Do you think ignoring them - instead of debunking them - .uhm....they will just go away?

You attempt to prove others incorrect, but have decided to skip over mine? Why?

Can you please tell/post me the link that I can go to - that actually dismisses the facts of the above BIWWWH and the facts associated?

Thanks for responding.

Good luck and be safe.
                      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (ZosoRocks) View Post

Do you always just ignore posts that present the answers to those questions?

Do you think - still asking the questions will benefit you if you choose to ignore the answers given?

Do you think ignoring them - instead of debunking them - .uhm....they will just go away?

You attempt to prove others incorrect, but have decided to skip over mine? Why?

Can you please tell/post me the link that I can go to - that actually dismisses the facts of the above BIWWWH and the facts associated?

Thanks for responding.

Good luck and be safe.
                        Tim
                        Because the original poster of this thread was not asking for detailed solves. We're engaging in a thinking exercise.

Comment

Let's move on.
                          Assuming COLORADO is the state, then logically we need to determine a smaller area within its boundaries.
                          If we were to ONLY use what is written in the poem and the book - is there anything that might help to narrow this down?
                          Again logically, one would assume that the next smaller division could be regional, could be by type of land, could be by county.
                          Using imagination to connect what we discover in the book to the poem can be helpful but a little bit goes a long way and often leads to rabbit holes.
                          Gonna go sleep on this and return in the morning.
                          Last edited by wwwamericana; 01-12-2023, 02:24 AM.

Comment

My apologies to the OP.

But in my defense.....

- I did not post a solution
                            - I did post Logic

If someone finds the answers to be untrue...then sure please correct me....with similar logic.

Ignoring the facts is silly.
                            Last edited by Tim (ZosoRocks); 01-12-2023, 08:44 AM. Reason: Addl words.

Comment

Let's move on.
                              Assuming COLORADO is the state, then logically we need to determine a smaller area within its boundaries.
                              If we were to ONLY use what is written in the poem and the book - is there anything that might help to narrow this down?
                              Again logically, one would assume that the next smaller division could be regional, could be by type of land, could be by county.
                              Using imagination to connect what we discover in the book to the poem can be helpful but a little bit goes a long way and often leads to rabbit holes.
                              Gonna go sleep on this and return in the morning.
                              fist off...i believe your assumption to be correct...just wanted to get that out the way

the poem must contain directions to somewhere from somewhere... a revelation right lol. the to somewhere must be wwwh because f said that's where you start. now where's the from somewhere at? did f say anything about that?

Comment

"Begin it where warm waters halt" to me might mean start your day with a cup of Coffee or Tea. Co ( Colorado) ff ( the man) ee ( being silent about it). T ( red T comes up a bunch in anagrams). Telluride uses a red "T" pick axe as a place symbol. Heavy Loads are there with snow pack, Snowcats and mining and gondolas etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X