Simple Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Logic

What say we put away our "detailed solves" for just a bit and go about this together using SIMPLE logic?
    If y'all are game, then I will begin it......

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
    What say we put away our "detailed solves" for just a bit and go about this together using SIMPLE logic?
    If y'all are game, then I will begin it......
    I'm Interested in what you have to say. Let it begin.

Comment

Thank you El P.
      Gonna have to tread softly and carefully so that we don't get off the path. Remember we are looking for breadcrumbs.
      If I say or assume something that isn't "true," please don't hesitate to correct me.

Comment

What is the colon : linking the poem to in the previous pages? The turquoise bracelet is the shape of the "rainbow" and the paragraph where he writes about it includes Richard Wetherill, Byron Harvey, and the Navajo Silversmith. Something of himself (the bracelet) is tied to these things and linked to the poem by "my rainbow and the treasure:"

Comment

1. We have been told by FF that the "treasure" - was secreted in the Rocky Mountains, in one of the four states: Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, or New Mexico.
          True or False?

Comment

Originally posted by trueyeti View Post
            What is the colon : linking the poem to in the previous pages? The turquoise bracelet is the shape of the "rainbow" and the paragraph where he writes about it includes Richard Wetherill, Byron Harvey, and the Navajo Silversmith. Something of himself (the bracelet) is tied to these things and linked to the poem by "my rainbow and the treasure:"
            Yes I agree, True - hang on to the word, RAINBOW.

Comment

1. We have been told by FF that the "treasure" - was secreted in the Rocky Mountains, in one of the four states: Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, or New Mexico.
              True or False?
              IMO, FF's use of "treasure," "treasure chest," and "trove" may make one's understanding of what FF said, different than what he actually meant. I'll concede, that yes, your statement is true, he talked a lot about secreting the "treasure" in the Rocky Mountains in one of the 4 states you listed. I think that's what you're getting at. I'd add the caveat that he talks at length about acquiring and hiding the chest in the Rocky Mountains*. Is "treasure" what he meant by the "treasure chest?" I'm not sure.

*Gold and More, TTOTC.

Please, go on.

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

IMO, FF's use of "treasure," "treasure chest," and "trove" may make one's understanding of what FF said, different than what he actually meant. I'll concede, that yes, your statement is true, he talked a lot about secreting the "treasure" in the Rocky Mountains in one of the 4 states you listed. I think that's what you're getting at. I'd add the caveat that he talks at length about acquiring and hiding the chest in the Rocky Mountains*. Is "treasure" what he meant by the "treasure chest?" I'm not sure.

*Gold and More, TTOTC.

Please, go on.
                Again, I agree as to what the treasure - the chest - the trove may mean but let's just go with "the treasure" which is hidden, for now.

Comment

Again, I agree as to what the treasure - the chest - the trove may mean but let's just go with "the treasure" which is hidden, for now.
                  Cool. We're on the same page so far.

Comment

True or False?
                    Yes. That’s true

Comment

2. A "logical" searcher would most certainly try to narrow down the search area. 4 states - way to large, so what do we do? Forrest instructed us to first read the book for enjoyment, then go back and read the poem "multiple times" and once again pick up the book and carefully review it - looking for hints to the clues hidden in the poem. So now, is there anything one can discover in the book that would narrow us down to the correct state? Remember, we are only trying to determine in what state we should begin our search.

Comment

“In Love With Yellowstone” convinced me to search in Yellowstone, sorry if that’s a little vague. But I was focused on Wyoming because of that chapter in the book. The poem led me there because I interpreted WWWH as geysers
                        Last edited by lowkey; 01-10-2023, 11:25 PM.

Comment

2. A "logical" searcher would most certainly try to narrow down the search area. 4 states - way to large, so what do we do? Forrest instructed us to first read the book for enjoyment, then go back and read the poem "multiple times" and once again pick up the book and carefully review it - looking for hints to the clues hidden in the poem. So now, is there anything one can discover in the book that would narrow us down to the correct state? Remember, we are only trying to determine in what state we should begin our search.
                          My first reaction to this question was "that's what a logical searcher might do, but what would an imaginative searcher do?" What's more important in arriving at the correct solution? Probably some of both.
                          I think you are making the assumption that all the clues are contained within one state, which may or may not be true.
                          Lastly, are you suggesting that one should determine the correct state, from the book, and only then search for WWWH in that state? Interesting.

OK, now let me think about your original question. It may be difficult to take this approach. FF mentions Yellowstone (there's Wyoming and Montana), He mentions Taos and Santa Fe (there's New Mexico). It may be helpful to think about what is missing . . . mention of Colorado. To the best of my knowledge, he doesn't mention CO. I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post
                            “In Love With Yellowstone” convinced me to search in Yellowstone, sorry if that’s a little vague. But I was focused on Wyoming because of that chapter in the book. The poem led me there because I interpreted WWWH as geysers
                            Whoa........slow down, Partner. Don't think we are ready to get wet yet LOL. Concentrate on the first stanza, first sentence.
                            Montana? Wyoming? Colorado? or New Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by elperro View Post

Cool. We're on the same page so far.
                              Problem is - what page?
                              (I like "togetherness" tho)

Comment

Working...
                              X