That painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deja View Post
    The watercolor painting has me FLUMMOXED.
    In a good way, I hope.
    It's very curious.
    What do you think the skull and crossbones stop sign means?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

In a good way, I hope.
      It's very curious.
      What do you think the skull and crossbones stop sign means?
      Stop hanging on for dear life and let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Deja View Post

Stop hanging on for dear life and let it go.
        But..."dear life."

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

I'll contact him and see if he's interested in responding.
          In her opening post, kpro didn't identify RussDana by name, but it sure seemed like that's who she was referring to. But it turns out it wasn't. Hard to imagine there were TWO searchers who were friends with Forrest, visited him many times at his home, purchased a number of items from him, and posted here. But when I asked, Russ knew nothing of any Forrest painting.

I think painting the hiding location, or how the scenery looked from there, would be inconsistent with Forrest's stated desire to avoid giving private clues -- particularly to his own family or close friends. Even if such a painting was a romanticized view of the surroundings -- however generic -- it could have run the risk of including elements that ruled out some locations.

Comment

Where did my response go?
            “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	99F9CCD5-84D6-4533-9CFF-462E726A21E7.jpg Views:	5 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	485358
              Originally posted by Henry’s Spork View Post
              aqui esta

Click image for larger version  Name:	D40DC5F2-A75A-458F-AAAF-058912621981.jpg Views:	432 Size:	176.8 KB ID:	484744
              This is not exactly the drawing on the findsgrave site:
              https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...rke-fenn/photo
              Henry’s Spork
              Some details were added in the picture on the findagrave site (text in blue cloud, etc.,.). So, Mr. Spork, are you the author?
              Last edited by jan_v60; 01-15-2023, 05:30 AM.

Comment

In her opening post, kpro didn't identify RussDana by name, but it sure seemed like that's who she was referring to. But it turns out it wasn't. Hard to imagine there were TWO searchers who were friends with Forrest, visited him many times at his home, purchased a number of items from him, and posted here. But when I asked, Russ knew nothing of any Forrest painting.

I think painting the hiding location, or how the scenery looked from there, would be inconsistent with Forrest's stated desire to avoid giving private clues -- particularly to his own family or close friends. Even if such a painting was a romanticized view of the surroundings -- however generic -- it could have run the risk of including elements that ruled out some locations.
                Both paintings were released after math or azimuth or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

i find this painting very interesting the more i look at it.
                  oh something looks familiar huh? You want listen either
                  well I guess that apple didn’t fall far from the tree. Whatever you do DONT eat that fruit

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

Thank you.

On the Find a Grave site, it was posted by Landon Adamson as his "scrapbook 199 watercolor"
                    This photo comes from FF’s scrapbook 199.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B3B87FCD-9073-4C7C-A675-D402CDB057C1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	485374

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                      Where did my response go?
                      To my first reply or my second? I see only your thread starter. I have no idea why people are posting completely unrelated pictures here. Annoying, frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

that was his painting where a bugle blows. i don't think that's the same painting that kpro speaks of though.
                        Certainly not. It's not even a painting, per se. It's mixed media in 3 quadrants and *possibly* painted stripes in the upper left quadrant. And it's worth pointing out that Forrest might not even be the creator -- he could have just acquired it from someone.

Comment

Hi All
                          I was the one who started the painted pictures post of the place where the Forrest Fenn Tarzan or Bronze box was hidden. I think I posted one of those but I don’t remember for sure. I know I didn’t post the one with the Blaze. I sent them to Forrest around Christmas 2019 and I do have proof. I can show the picture where it was hidden but no one will believe it or understand it. Clint

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            Hi All
                            I was the one who started the painted pictures post of the place where the Forrest Fenn Tarzan or Bronze box was hidden. I think I posted one of those but I don’t remember for sure. I know I didn’t post the one with the Blaze. I sent them to Forrest around Christmas 2019 and I do have proof. I can show the picture where it was hidden but no one will believe it or understand it. Clint
                            Try us!

P.S. This doesn't have to do with that crazy eight scream picture, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
                              Some details were added in the picture on the findagrave site (text in blue cloud, etc.,.). So, Mr. Spork, are you the author?
                              No, wasn’t I.

Comment

Certainly not. It's not even a painting, per se. It's mixed media in 3 quadrants and *possibly* painted stripes in the upper left quadrant. And it's worth pointing out that Forrest might not even be the creator -- he could have just acquired it from someone.
                                i agree with you for sure. some ppl think differently though.

Comment

Working...
                                X