Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That painting

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Deja View Post
    The watercolor painting has me FLUMMOXED.
    In a good way, I hope.
    It's very curious.
    What do you think the skull and crossbones stop sign means?

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Walker View Post

      In a good way, I hope.
      It's very curious.
      What do you think the skull and crossbones stop sign means?
      Stop hanging on for dear life and let it go.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Deja View Post

        Stop hanging on for dear life and let it go.
        But..."dear life."

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by Zapster View Post

          I'll contact him and see if he's interested in responding.
          In her opening post, kpro didn't identify RussDana by name, but it sure seemed like that's who she was referring to. But it turns out it wasn't. Hard to imagine there were TWO searchers who were friends with Forrest, visited him many times at his home, purchased a number of items from him, and posted here. But when I asked, Russ knew nothing of any Forrest painting.

          I think painting the hiding location, or how the scenery looked from there, would be inconsistent with Forrest's stated desire to avoid giving private clues -- particularly to his own family or close friends. Even if such a painting was a romanticized view of the surroundings -- however generic -- it could have run the risk of including elements that ruled out some locations.

          Comment


          • #65
            Where did my response go?
            “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

            Comment


            • #66
              Click image for larger version  Name:	99F9CCD5-84D6-4533-9CFF-462E726A21E7.jpg Views:	5 Size:	12.5 KB ID:	485358
              Originally posted by Henry’s Spork View Post
              aqui esta

              Click image for larger version  Name:	D40DC5F2-A75A-458F-AAAF-058912621981.jpg Views:	432 Size:	176.8 KB ID:	484744
              This is not exactly the drawing on the findsgrave site:
              https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...rke-fenn/photo
              Henry’s Spork
              Some details were added in the picture on the findagrave site (text in blue cloud, etc.,.). So, Mr. Spork, are you the author?
              Last edited by jan_v60; 01-15-2023, 05:30 AM.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Zapster View Post

                In her opening post, kpro didn't identify RussDana by name, but it sure seemed like that's who she was referring to. But it turns out it wasn't. Hard to imagine there were TWO searchers who were friends with Forrest, visited him many times at his home, purchased a number of items from him, and posted here. But when I asked, Russ knew nothing of any Forrest painting.

                I think painting the hiding location, or how the scenery looked from there, would be inconsistent with Forrest's stated desire to avoid giving private clues -- particularly to his own family or close friends. Even if such a painting was a romanticized view of the surroundings -- however generic -- it could have run the risk of including elements that ruled out some locations.
                Both paintings were released after math or azimuth or something like that.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

                  i find this painting very interesting the more i look at it.
                  oh something looks familiar huh? You want listen either
                  well I guess that apple didn’t fall far from the tree. Whatever you do DONT eat that fruit

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by RahRah View Post

                    Thank you.

                    On the Find a Grave site, it was posted by Landon Adamson as his "scrapbook 199 watercolor"
                    This photo comes from FF’s scrapbook 199.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	B3B87FCD-9073-4C7C-A675-D402CDB057C1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	485374

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by kpro View Post
                      Where did my response go?
                      To my first reply or my second? I see only your thread starter. I have no idea why people are posting completely unrelated pictures here. Annoying, frankly.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

                        that was his painting where a bugle blows. i don't think that's the same painting that kpro speaks of though.
                        Certainly not. It's not even a painting, per se. It's mixed media in 3 quadrants and *possibly* painted stripes in the upper left quadrant. And it's worth pointing out that Forrest might not even be the creator -- he could have just acquired it from someone.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Hi All
                          I was the one who started the painted pictures post of the place where the Forrest Fenn Tarzan or Bronze box was hidden. I think I posted one of those but I don’t remember for sure. I know I didn’t post the one with the Blaze. I sent them to Forrest around Christmas 2019 and I do have proof. I can show the picture where it was hidden but no one will believe it or understand it. Clint

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                            Hi All
                            I was the one who started the painted pictures post of the place where the Forrest Fenn Tarzan or Bronze box was hidden. I think I posted one of those but I don’t remember for sure. I know I didn’t post the one with the Blaze. I sent them to Forrest around Christmas 2019 and I do have proof. I can show the picture where it was hidden but no one will believe it or understand it. Clint
                            Try us!

                            P.S. This doesn't have to do with that crazy eight scream picture, does it?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post
                              Some details were added in the picture on the findagrave site (text in blue cloud, etc.,.). So, Mr. Spork, are you the author?
                              No, wasn’t I.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Zapster View Post

                                Certainly not. It's not even a painting, per se. It's mixed media in 3 quadrants and *possibly* painted stripes in the upper left quadrant. And it's worth pointing out that Forrest might not even be the creator -- he could have just acquired it from someone.
                                i agree with you for sure. some ppl think differently though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X