Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That painting

I want to revisit a past discussion.

I heard from a searcher here on THOR who visited Forrest often, Forrest had told him he painted a picture of the final location. I asked one of my SF peeps if the family back then, after Fs passing would they consider selling it, to me, to name their price. The answer was it was not for sale and they declined me even making an offer.

Here is my question. Since they declined, rather than stating it does not exist, makes me think it actually does. I know this is third hand info. I don't know their exact words, but the best information I have, so go by it.

What do you think? The person here, I hope still is. And he is willing to share, as he actually saw it from what he said. He also saw the autobiography that (I presume) the family has. I don't think he read it, but did hold it as I remember and him and F discussed it. He also saw Fs page 99 that he still has. I did confirm this is not a troll with Forrest back when he was alive, this person genuinely spent time with Forrest, bought alot of his items being a collector when F sold items especially in the last year or so before he passed.

Wonder if there is anything more out there on these topics. Wonder if that is what Shiloh is talking about the "epicness", a painting published in his book, of F at the final location. Does it even exist? How big is it? Is it obvious the location?

No idea, just conjecture. Just thinking out loud.
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

I have seen a painting that I previously suspected was done by Forrest. It's been in the public domain for quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
      I have seen a painting that I previously suspected was done by Forrest. It's been in the public domain for quite some time.
      Pics or it didn’t happen.

Comment

He showed us the painting he made. It was his interpretation of his final spot. Scrapbook 247

Comment

Originally posted by Milkyway View Post
          He showed us the painting he made. It was his interpretation of his final spot. Scrapbook 247
          Must be another scrapbook.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

I heard from a searcher here on THOR who visited Forrest often, Forrest had told him he painted a picture of the final location. I asked one of my SF peeps if the family back then, after Fs passing would they consider selling it, to me, to name their price. The answer was it was not for sale and they declined me even making an offer.

Here is my question. Since they declined, rather than stating it does not exist, makes me think it actually does. I know this is third hand info. I don't know their exact words, but the best information I have, so go by it.

What do you think? The person here, I hope still is. And he is willing to share, as he actually saw it from what he said. He also saw the autobiography that (I presume) the family has. I don't think he read it, but did hold it as I remember and him and F discussed it. He also saw Fs page 99 that he still has. I did confirm this is not a troll with Forrest back when he was alive, this person genuinely spent time with Forrest, bought alot of his items being a collector when F sold items especially in the last year or so before he passed.

Wonder if there is anything more out there on these topics. Wonder if that is what Shiloh is talking about the "epicness", a painting published in his book, of F at the final location. Does it even exist? How big is it? Is it obvious the location?

I would really like to tell you but the forum is read only now

Comment

wow this is my first-time hearing about this. i emailed him and said that he should paint a picture of the location. that is so awesome. i believe this something Forrest would do for sure. i told him i wanted to see that painting but never got a clear response it was a long email and he just said thank you. so he didn't deny or confirm the idea. i would love to see this painting though.

Comment

that was his painting where a bugle blows. i don't think that's the same painting that kpro speaks of though.

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
                  share it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	trap BOTG.png
Views:	978
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	484432

Comment

kpro - Was that RussDana?
                      Lost Time is never found again. - Benjamin Franklin​

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

that was his painting where a bugle blows. i don't think that's the same painting that kpro speaks of though.
                        I’m sure it is. People just like to think and hope there is more.

Comment

I’m sure it is. People just like to think and hope there is more.
                          possible he publicly mentioned the painting you speak of. if this is true it must be a very trust worthy person for forrest to let them see the painting of the location.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

possible he publicly mentioned the painting you speak of. if this is true it must be a very trust worthy person for forrest to let them see the painting of the location.
                            He showed it to all of us. Scrapbook 247. Most are so focused on their own locations and searching for confirmation that they can’t see what is in plain sight. Or should I say plane sight.

Comment

Idk, but that sure would seal the deal in terms of it being the actual location though! So if not sell it, atleast show it to us to verify jacks location.

Comment

Working...
                              X