Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canopy of Stars

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Canopy of Stars

    I think I finally understand what this hint means, my loves. I shall go there just as soon as I am able. I am finally coming home. Pray for me Forrest.
    Love, Sweetpea Mcgee

  • #2
    Originally posted by Old Pilot
    Thank you for posting something about the treasure hunt. Cheers.
    People post somethings about the treasure hunt daily, IMO.

    Comment


    • #3
      Canopy of Stars

      ​Forrest was surrounded by them his whole life.

      Comment


      • #4
        Surrounded by stars.I like that image.

        Comment


        • #5
          We are all surrounded by stars, . . . all day and all night. We just can't always see them. But there are some places that you CAN see them more, and it is as if you are under a canopy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Old Pilot

            Yes . . . but Forrest's use of the phrase "canopy of stars" was hardly useful in solving the poem.
            You are correct. Because it seems like it was solved by Jack before Forrest ever used the phrase.
            That doesn’t mean it can’t be a hint to those of us who were late to the solve though.
            But fwiw, I’ve always been in the camp of people that thought everything he said had a clue buried in it somewhere

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lowkey View Post
              That doesn’t mean it can’t be a hint to those of us who were late to the solve though.
              But fwiw, I’ve always been in the camp of people that thought everything he said had a clue buried in it somewhere
              Perhaps 'a canopy of stars' references something Forrest was seeking to communicate to certain persons. The phrase may refer to a location, or to historical events, or both. But, who knows, and for what purpose?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by YNP Solve View Post

                Perhaps 'a canopy of stars' references something Forrest was seeking to communicate to certain persons. The phrase may refer to a location, or to historical events, or both. But, who knows, and for what purpose?
                I’m very open to that idea. Would you care to go on?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lowkey View Post
                  I’m very open to that idea. Would you care to go on?
                  This may not be a popular opinion, however the location being referred to may be Mt Norris in Yellowstone — or a location below Mt Norris. The mountain was named after Philetus Norris, the second superintendent of Yellowstone National Park.

                  The canopy of stars connection may be to Philetus Norris' alleged involvement in the the Star Route Scandal. You can look up the Star Route Scandal on Wikipedia. Angel L Rios wrote an excellent article on Norris' alleged involvement, however her website angellrios.com does not exist any longer and I can't find the article through the Wayback Machine. I have uploaded an extract of the relevant part of the article.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	StarRouteExtract.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	473558

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    We are all surrounded by stars, . . . all day and all night. We just can't always see them. But there are some places that you CAN see them more, and it is as if you are under a canopy.
                    dont forget to do some toedippin while ur there...hell do the nestea plunge

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Old Pilot,
                      Canopy of stars doesn't help solve the poem, but it is a hint to the final location, IMO. And Jack did not solve the poem. . . at least not the poem, WE were all trying to solve. Just sayin.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                        Old Pilot,
                        Canopy of stars doesn't help solve the poem, but it is a hint to the final location, IMO. And Jack did not solve the poem. . . at least not the poem, WE were all trying to solve. Just sayin.
                        Hey bucky,
                        A tree has a canopy. The dome of the heavens is the canopy of the stars that makes the canopy of the world tree in myth. Canopy of stars = canopy of a tree in this regard...IMO....it is scalable. The canopy of a tree is seen if you are laying under it and looking up....and the canopy of the mythological "world tree" is the canopy of stars that you see when gazing up at them. If there are olive trees within spitting distance to where the treasure was buried, then does this say something about the "tree of life?" The olive tree is considered to be the tree of life in myth....and so the canopy of what exactly? The tree of life? The world tree? The tree where he buried the chest? The sky at night? And what about that parachute canopy stuck up there in the canopy of the trees? Cheers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          .
                          Originally posted by trueyeti View Post
                          ....and so the canopy of what exactly?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20221202_205607.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	473679

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post
                            .

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20221202_205607.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	473679
                            Hey Not4,
                            Is that the "marvel gaze?" The stick in the chest? The elephant or the wagon? Is it the WWWh's or Brown... what is it exactly? Cheers.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by trueyeti View Post

                              Hey Not4,
                              Is that the "marvel gaze?" The stick in the chest? The elephant or the wagon? Is it the WWWh's or Brown... what is it exactly? Cheers.
                              Marvel gaze.

                              Stick (Willow twig) = Willow Park Reservoir

                              ELEPHANT | THEPLANE

                              Wagon = Wagon Box Road / Wagon Box Battle Monument

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X