Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiction As Big As Life

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fiction As Big As Life

    After recently viewing a “Shy Guy” video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi0-VC_k50I), the following thought occurred to me. What if Doug Preston was the novelist behind TTOTC (and other Fenn related books), creating a story of imagination which was brought forth beyond the pages of black and white, and where that story was played out amidst a real life scenario of people and places?

    According to this article - https://www.ncertpoint.com/2021/10/d...oney-make.html, and given his net worth, DP could have both easily pulled off writing TTOTC and funded its breath of life. Possessing enough money to not only finance a treasure hunt, he could also provide a substantial ending prize, have the funds needed for production of his many videos (Shy Guy videos - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEf...g9zh39g/videos), and have the capability to incorporate the many paid actors with NDAs. The beauty of this scenario is that, none of those within the circle of NDAs would know the full scope of how the story was created, nor could they be positive of the masterful puppet hand binding its core.

    Needless to say, creating a fictional novel which plays out upon a “true to life” story would be a first upon the world stage and make news globally. Though complicated concerning its production and embellishments, it would necessitate a brilliant mind and would require monetary funding by someone who has the wealth to bring its creation into existence. Additionally, Preston’s book, “The Codex”, arguably parallels TTOTC and possesses similarities continually reflected amidst a long trail of hints and clues. Beyond that, Doug Preston always seemed aware of the intended hints when appearing alongside Forrest in interviews and sometimes seemed to have a hand in conducting and making people aware of those intended hints.

    The aforementioned makes a person say hmmm, doesn't it? But regardless of how you might view my explanation, it definitely gives new meaning to the phrases “everything is not as it seems” and “I wish I could have lived to do, the things I was attributed to”.

    Then again, all of the preceding could be a result of my wild imagination and how it's tumbled down yet another rabbit hole, lol. In fact, the entire TOTC - including the so-called treasure box prize - could be rooted in grand tale of fiction, especially when considering the fact that it has yet to be proven valid.

  • #2
    Hey Suzy,
    Yes, yes, and yes.... You never know. IMO, DP was there for seminal moments all along. He most certainly knows who "Brown" is and he wrote a book "Dinosaurs in the Attic." I recall he worked for the AMNH (is he a paleontologist?). He knows about Barnum Brown and Bisti and he knows about Kritosaurus Navajovious Brown, I'm sure. IMO....DP can be viewed as the Tom Sawyer to Forrest's Huck Finn. Brothers in arms and the Pink Adobe and the Dragon Room and the Museum of Natural History and the Denver parking lot too, these guys are two who could keep a secret....even if both of them were alive. And through the looking glass of that "two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead" quote, if they both knew, well then...isn't that just like something that Tom and Huck would do? Yeah Suzy.....you are a world shaker trouble maker, to be sure. I recall hearing something to the effect that Douglas wouldn't search for the chest because he thought that it would be "unfair." Geeze...wonder why? Cheers.

    Comment


    • #3
      The scenario is plausible, imho. The creation of something completely novel and hitherto unknown, that reflects the trends of the time (the influence of social media, the propagation of unverified information, interactivity between the inventor and the masses in real time, collaborative networking, anonymity and photoshopping and all that jazz ) would make for landmark media event. I personally think Preston is in the closed loop but is probably not the mastermind. Just gut intuition on my part. That’s for putting your theory out there, Ms. Suzy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by trueyeti View Post
        Hey Suzy,
        Yes, yes, and yes.... You never know. IMO, DP was there for seminal moments all along. He most certainly knows who "Brown" is and he wrote a book "Dinosaurs in the Attic." I recall he worked for the AMNH (is he a paleontologist?). He knows about Barnum Brown and Bisti and he knows about Kritosaurus Navajovious Brown, I'm sure. IMO....DP can be viewed as the Tom Sawyer to Forrest's Huck Finn. Brothers in arms and the Pink Adobe and the Dragon Room and the Museum of Natural History and the Denver parking lot too, these guys are two who could keep a secret....even if both of them were alive. And through the looking glass of that "two can keep a secret, if one of them is dead" quote, if they both knew, well then...isn't that just like something that Tom and Huck would do? Yeah Suzy.....you are a world shaker trouble maker, to be sure. I recall hearing something to the effect that Douglas wouldn't search for the chest because he thought that it would be "unfair." Geeze...wonder why? Cheers.
        I guess we can be glad DP held his "unfair" distance.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hillbealy
          Suzy, Douglas wagging the Dog...
          Don't tail me he owns a stuefed toy brand also?

          Comment


          • #6
            What I remember from all of this is:

            J.F. Kennedy saying: Don’t ask what America can do for you , but what you can do for America..
            And I remember the old (military) wisdom: You will not rewarded for what you have, but for what you have given.

            In my humble opinion, the real end of the Chase will confirm this

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey MD,
              Bit from the internet:
              "In addition to books, Preston writes about archaeology and paleontology for the New Yorker, National Geographic, and Smithsonian.​"

              It is not a stretch to believe that DP knows about Barnum Brown and his discoveries. Barnum Brown was a prolific paleontologist.....he discovered the T. Rex... Cheers.

              Comment


              • #8
                Suzy RE: the OP of this thread... BOOM!!!

                Click image for larger version  Name:	nuclear-explosion.gif Views:	0 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	473134

                Edit to add: I think Forrest helped Doug by using his expert skills in triangulation and ground navigation from his military training along with countless other Fenn trickery to setup a wicked hard-ass treasure trail from beginning to end and then was the frontman for the Chase to bring it to the public. Bravo Gentlemen! Bravo!!
                Last edited by Redneck Express; 11-29-2022, 03:51 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mountain digger

                  No, it's not at all a stretch true, but I just don't believe a stretch is at all needed for the correct solution to the poem. I've read all of DP's and DP's & LC's published works [I think] and DP is brilliant imo.
                  Hey MD,
                  Yeah...I add that short of a jar/bell.....IMO...things that are worth pursuing are peoples findings. That's why I always bring up a locality that captures what I call the 7-elements. You know....a locality where they are found. As far as I know....there is no other place that does, and that is why it is the "correct/winning solution," IMO...Cheers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by trueyeti View Post

                    Hey MD,
                    Yeah...I add that short of a jar/bell.....IMO...things that are worth pursuing are peoples findings. That's why I always bring up a locality that captures what I call the 7-elements. You know....a locality where they are found. As far as I know....there is no other place that does, and that is why it is the "correct/winning solution," IMO...Cheers.
                    The way everyone here is tossing around money and DP trivia, I'll have to take your 7-elements claims and AC Doyle quote as valid: “When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”​ However, as far as the truth concerning Forrest's involvement and a valid Chase ending, I'm thinking there still remains quite a bit of light to be shed before the darkness flees in completeness. That is to say, fiction remains fiction until proven as fact. Even then, when the facts are fully disclosed, those facts may be questioned and considered a fictional tale due to the nature of what has been disclosed prior. The story of kid who cried wolf comes to mind as a mountainous hill of Chase tales continue to unfold. Even with the release of an overwhelming amount of evidence, the truth may not be enough to convince others that the truth has, in reality, been told. This brings us back to your AC Doyle quote concerning that which is improbable must be the truth. Improbability, even in truth, still relies on a disclosure that makes perfect sense and where others can comprehend a fictional story as finally becoming valid. Yet due to the high debt being owed concerning the truth, fiction may be the Joker that gets the last laugh.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Redneck Express View Post
                      Suzy RE: the OP of this thread... BOOM!!!

                      Click image for larger version Name:	nuclear-explosion.gif Views:	0 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	473134

                      Edit to add: I think Forrest helped Doug by using his expert skills in triangulation and ground navigation from his military training along with countless other Fenn trickery to setup a wicked hard-ass treasure trail from beginning to end and then was the frontman for the Chase to bring it to the public. Bravo Gentlemen! Bravo!!
                      I'll like your analysis and I'll agree whole-heartedly. The OP and brave "boom" were a nice touch.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well, I have a different prospective. You see, the first time I tricked Forrest, DP was sitting right next to him at the last book signing. To refresh your memory I had a strike a light in my pocket that I had found by what I thought was the real blaze. I now believe that to be the fake blaze, but who would've guessed? I mean somebody went to great ends and difficulty creating it. Nobody said there was a fake blaze, so I thought this had to be it. Well I was stuck there for about two years and couldn't comprehend how I could go past that obstacle. Here's a picture of what I now consider to be the fake blaze. Notice how it is encompassing and old fire ring. This is a spot where Forrest used to camp probably mostly in the winter time when it's more mild down by the Rio grande. I have some of his old stuff that he used to stash between some rocks up there for when he can come back another time.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0767.jpg Views:	0 Size:	967.4 KB ID:	473183​Well when it was my turn to have my book signed, I asked Forrest to dedicate it to my daughter Deputy Katie. I then took the strike a light out of my pocket and set it on the table. Forest immediately picked it up and asked where I had found it. I told him I had found it at the blaze. He asked me to repeat where I found it and I told him the blaze. Well DP became very excited he had absolutely no clue as to where the blaze was. DP asked me asked me how I found the blaze, where I found the blaze and then stopped, and said "oh is it a secret?" I hesitated and I said well I don't know is it a secret forest? Now most of the time I've seen forrest he has a smile in his eyes but not this time. He glared at me intensely and then said; "you tell him". I then looked at DP and said" it's on the Hondo". Forest didn't hesitate a second. He said "that's correct". I asked him what the Indians and the Spanish were mining in that area. Forrest replied I don't know? I stated that I thought it was Galena, at which time Forrest perked back up and said oh yes Galena very heavy very very heavy. Because now he probably knew which blaze I was talking about. We talked about several things in the area that he obviously knew very well and I had seen including the car in the creek. I was holding up the book signing and there's a long line of people behind me Forrest started to hand me back the strike a light and I told him you keep it. He said really? I said yes but remember it came from the blaze you weren't the first to camp there. As I walked away, I heard forest remark to DP, I really love things like this. It made me happy I had given it to him.
                        But I can tell you, or assure you that up until that night, DP had no idea what state or where blaze was. Only after Forrest confirmed that it was on the Hondo, did DP realize it was in the state of New Mexico. I think then knowing that information and that it was on the Hondo he could kind of figure out how the rest of the clues panned out. I don't think he ever did figure it out the complete solution but he probably figure it out within 1000 feet or so. But up until that night of the last book signing I can assure you DP had no idea where the poem lead.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0133.jpg Views:	0 Size:	378.3 KB ID:	473184 Up you see it?

                        1f Billy

                        PS....Forrest never that I know of said BOOM. He always said POW! POW stands for prisoner of war.
                        Last edited by Sherif Billy; 11-29-2022, 10:12 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          It's possible someone or a group of someones had a hand in the circus. I think D was in the need to know camp based on his excitement level learning new 'interesting' things re the Chase.
                          Whoever they are I think they forgot a control group. Also, the boundaries are more blurry than they anticipated. The boundary height are So far away it's hard to tell if they're coming or going. I need a microscope.

                          "Nothing is as it seems"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Suzy View Post

                            The way everyone here is tossing around money and DP trivia, I'll have to take your 7-elements claims and AC Doyle quote as valid: “When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”​ However, as far as the truth concerning Forrest's involvement and a valid Chase ending, I'm thinking there still remains quite a bit of light to be shed before the darkness flees in completeness. That is to say, fiction remains fiction until proven as fact. Even then, when the facts are fully disclosed, those facts may be questioned and considered a fictional tale due to the nature of what has been disclosed prior. The story of kid who cried wolf comes to mind as a mountainous hill of Chase tales continue to unfold. Even with the release of an overwhelming amount of evidence, the truth may not be enough to convince others that the truth has, in reality, been told. This brings us back to your AC Doyle quote concerning that which is improbable must be the truth. Improbability, even in truth, still relies on a disclosure that makes perfect sense and where others can comprehend a fictional story as finally becoming valid. Yet due to the high debt being owed concerning the truth, fiction may be the Joker that gets the last laugh.
                            Hey Suzy,
                            How deep and succinct your evaluation is. It brings to my mind a well....and a proverb attributed to Zhuang Zhou which says, "A frog in the well knows nothing of the sea." IMO...this captures the difficulty of which you speak....the irony is that Bisti has a well known as the Ojo Alamo Spring and that the area was once.....an inland sea. Thing is that as a metaphor, a well can be fathomlessly deep. And holding secrets and answers eternal, the metaphor of the well allows the frog at least to conceive of the ocean....especially if it chooses to swim down deep into the metaphor for answers. What if the frog is "magic?"

                            There is a way to zero in on the "winning solve" with the facts given and the findings unearthed. Unearthing the findings is what Gardiner W. Lambert wrote of in his book, "Psychology: A Story of a Search." It is useful to remember what Forrest wrote about flexibility and indecision too.

                            Regarding your most excellent point about the fictional trickster/joker...well there is irony there Suzy....I have thought a while about writing a a non fiction/or fiction that discloses what it is that I know regarding the matter of TTOTC.... The muse has yet to knock me on the head to show me the way. I have yet to discover the metaphor that can help me out of the well to conceive the ocean. I have not given up on my search for the jars too...I have just been so busy with work and then got sick with Covid. The challenge you outline is accurate within this blog. Fellow searchers are not to be convinced. I only sharpen my teeth in here....here is the hammer and the anvil. My target audience can't be my fellow searchers...for they too, are in the well with the frog and me. Yeah, and then there is the trickster/joker archetype. I know that one pretty good and is captured IMO....by Job's "I am brother to the dragon and companion to the owl." I guess that I am waiting for the owl to show up and talk to the dragon....so that they can hash it out and show me the way to go home.....PS. It says "jackal" in some interpretations in the place of the "dragon" and the jackal is like the coyote, and the coyote....is the trickster archetype IMO.....yeah and the joker is too. Cheers.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Vox buddy; you are correct. That and when I sent my son-in-law to see his reaction, asking him to dedicate a book to Joesph Dunn Jr. That one tricked Forrest so good, he actually thought my son-in-law was using an alias and questioned him about that for a bit. My son-in -laws surname? Rose.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X