Something definitely wrong here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something definitely wrong here.

Are we to assume that this photo was taken by Jack in situ? If so where is the stick that allegedly fell in and the cleverly aligned key and the rust on the coin we see in the picture we were presented with via Dal Neitzel's website, presumably sent to him by Forrest. Does this not lend more credence to the fact that the one we were given contained some kind of message from Forrest?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20221124_093440.jpg Views:	37 Size:	192.9 KB ID:	472063 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20221024_133743.jpg Views:	35 Size:	218.6 KB ID:	472064 Compare the two and question why? The one on the left looking decidedly scruffy and the other much cleaner and manipulated to alignments of North, South, East and West and with stick and key addition and rust stained coin.
    Last edited by starwheel; 11-24-2022, 04:33 AM. Reason: To insert ? @Chester Retriever's behest. Thanks.

Originally posted by Chester Retriever
    ?
    it’s plain to see
    the stick was the key
    it was certainly a message
    for you and for me
    Mr Fenn once again
    had the best of intentions
    although some believe
    all was manipulations
    what is love I ask you
    if not time and attention
    ask yourself where it is
    you find such dedication
    it’s best to give thanks
    and park hate at the station
    much love to you all
    and to all of the nation

happy thanksgiving ❤️

Comment

one from 2019 when he found it, the other from when he retrieved it in June 2020.
      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Don‘t forget the letters on the stick…
        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
          Don‘t forget the letters on the stick…
          Cowboyrocker What do you make of them?

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post

Cowboyrocker What do you make of them?
            Well they kinda prove that there might be a message… oh… did I just speak fennish? I guess I learned some from this Chase…

Comment

I don‘t think this arrangement with the stick with letters on it can be a coincidence… does anybody?

Comment

I don‘t think this arrangement with the stick with letters on it can be a coincidence… does anybody?
                And what about all those numbers on that stick. Surely they are a message that tells why it was buried at the exact spot it was. The decoder ring must have been in the chest. The secret was: Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

And what about all those numbers on that stick. Surely they are a message that tells why it was buried at the exact spot it was. The decoder ring must have been in the chest. The secret was: Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.
                  Numbers... hm... ja, lots of numbers... I decoded them... they say "Go stick your head in a pig!"... maybe I just saw the upper halves...

Comment

Forrest said many times including in some of his last writings that the chest was not buried. I take that to mean that 42 pound chest sitting in the wood for 10 years was covered by nature. IF it was buried Jack wouldn't have been able to get it out.

Comment

Originally posted by In My Opinion View Post

Forrest said many times including in some of his last writings that the chest was not buried. I take that to mean that 42 pound chest sitting in the wood for 10 years was covered by nature. IF it was buried Jack wouldn't have been able to get it out.
                      For the first 3 years f told everyone it was buried and several times in the last few years also. He had a reporter snap a photo of him with a shovel. He shared numerous stories about excavating things out of the ground wherever he roamed. If you want to believe it wasn't there is no harm in that but you failed to consider that it was and only gave yourself half a chance in the Chase.

Why do you declare Jack could not have removed if buried? People dig things out all the time. The pictures that were shared later on showed the chest had been buried. If it had just been set on the ground and covered over time that area would have been humped up instead of level like the rest of the ground.

Comment

Numbers... hm... ja, lots of numbers... I decoded them... they say "Go stick your head in a pig!"... maybe I just saw the upper halves...
                        I hope you got a chuckle on this fine day.

Comment

That stick gives new meaning to the reason why a person would postmark a letter 2 days after Christmas.

Then again, never mind. I'll bet it was just an extended weekend.

Comment

auction website: Yes, this is legit. I have the treasure.
                            buyer group: Take a picture of the treasure with today's New York Times on top.
                            auction website: I don't have one.
                            buyer group: lay a stick on it

Comment

For the first 3 years f told everyone it was buried and several times in the last few years also. He had a reporter snap a photo of him with a shovel. He shared numerous stories about excavating things out of the ground wherever he roamed. If you want to believe it wasn't there is no harm in that but you failed to consider that it was and only gave yourself half a chance in the Chase.

Why do you declare Jack could not have removed if buried? People dig things out all the time. The pictures that were shared later on showed the chest had been buried. If it had just been set on the ground and covered over time that area would have been humped up instead of level like the rest of the ground.
                              Not in YNP people can't dig. I disagree with you on the buried part but if you read all Jacks emails he was very concerned about not breaking the law and doing things legally.

Comment

Working...
                              X