X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philosophical question about making choices

Ive been thinking lately about how people make choices in life

I see 2 main ways, please let me know if you can think of any more

1 - Do only things that seem to fall into place easily, as if the stars aligned and it’s meant to be.

or

2 - Work extremely hard for something you want that seems impossible to achieve. Even though there are quite a few obstacles and stumbling blocks.

which do you think F used and which do you believe in?​
    Last edited by willynilly; 11-19-2022, 06:51 PM.

I think he followed the path he "chose" to go down . He was a thinker . He said he would just lie in bed and "think". He mulled things over and over , going through pros and cons until the path he took had a better percentage of being correct .

Just my opinion , and coincidentally , how I actually make my own decisions in life .
    "Make it Happen! With the Power of Thought" - Mrs. and Mr. Fenndery (close to each and every day)

Comment

Fenn was lazy by nature so he naturally took the easy way

Comment

I think he did both.... And got himself in position to work hard at things he enjoyed doing....

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly View Post
          Ive been thinking lately about how people make choices in life

I see 2 main ways, please let me know if you can think of any more

1 - Do only things that seem to fall into place easily, as if the stars aligned and it’s meant to be.

or

2 - Work extremely hard for something you want that seems impossible to achieve. Even though there are quite a few obstacles and stumbling blocks.

which do you think F used and which do you believe in?​
          That's a deep question, willynilly. I often wonder sometimes whether it's worth pursuing path 2 because so many of the good things in life just seem to fall into place. But I never want to give up on that second path. I believe it is where greatness lies. And if even we never achieve greatness in life, at least we tried, and I think we are better off for having done so. I think Fenn was one of those who pursued that second path.
          Last edited by Spoon; 11-19-2022, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Successful people create opportunities then act upon those opportunities

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

So you, and you believe Fenn, went for option #1, once he thought hard to identify it
              I actually believe it is neither . I think it lies right in between . Sometimes , it needs hard work others it falls into place. So no vote for 1 or 2 .
              "Make it Happen! With the Power of Thought" - Mrs. and Mr. Fenndery (close to each and every day)

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                Successful people create opportunities then act upon those opportunities
                This sort of makes my point

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

A vote for # 1 lol
                  I didn’t say that

Comment

Thinking in drawers is not my thing… define hard work f. e.! A thought process that keeps you up at night can be considered hard work… putting it to paper could be hard work… but others don‘t see it… they see you with swollen eyes and think you are sleeping too much and lacking work ethics because you quit working on your computer…

It‘s a matter of perspective!

I stopped working on the Chase long time ago but I am working hard on a solution without knowing or planning… or discussing… or scribbling… or chatting… just plain thinking, reading here and then and pen to paper… a lonesome job without a payroll, just working on karma…
                    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Working...
                    X