Originally posted by Old Pilot

What "debt"?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20220924_140218.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	456373_

Comment

My solution was incomplete and/or wrong. When I arrived BOTG things were not as I'd imagined, which stopped me from further exploration.

Comment

Get back in the box where your thoughts are comfortable and flow more easily.

Comment

Originally posted by mountain digger
          No way a chest found before death can be considered an Indulgence if one is truly spiritual. Wouldn't you think f had a backup plan BB?
          Quite the sobering thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot

You may think that your solve is irrelevant. I suspect that other solves are relevant to various people. For example, my solve is relevant to me.
            Fenn's treasure hunt (I don't like to call it a "chase", because that is too expository) was built around something that is not primarily a bronze chest of gold, although one might logically argue that a "chest of gold" (hee hee!) could still be involved . . . and I never thought of this hunt as being particularly "linear". Thank you for posting.
            Maybe "irrelevant" was too broad. I meant that it might not matter where your solve led you in the Rockies as long as you had one and believed in it. The more important thing was to think "beyond" the box.

Comment

Perhaps Jack is a good example. If any of the accounts are to be believed, his solve was both banal and imprecise, but he was unswerving in his commitment. In the end he walks away with a casket of goodies. Could that be a pointer toward the "irrelevance," geographically speaking, of one's initial solution?

According to Fenn, there's a "write" way and a wrong way. Is the (w)rite more important? And if performance of a rite is required, is that for a specific reason connected with the real ending?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post
                My solution was incomplete and/or wrong. When I arrived BOTG things were not as I'd imagined, which stopped me from further exploration.
                Geez, quitter, get yasen a backbone! Maybe it's staring you right in the face mate, so don't throw in the cards and shout "bust". See, you're stuck at the tackle shop, bait on the hook, needing to hitch a ride. "take" the chest...THINK! Move with confidence. Look up, what do you see?

Gotta work for your supper, or the plate is empty. Only then can you go home!

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

Geez, quitter, get yasen a backbone! Maybe it's staring you right in the face mate, so don't throw in the cards and shout "bust". See, you're stuck at the tackle shop, bait on the hook, needing to hitch a ride. "take" the chest...THINK! Move with confidence. Look up, what do you see?

Gotta work for your supper, or the plate is empty. Only then can you go home!
                  I'll try get a handle on what you say!
                  I repeat, I'll try get a handle on what you say!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post

I'll try get a handle on what you say!
                    I repeat, I'll try get a handle on what you say!
                    Grab the bull by both horns!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius B

We already know he was an author, and the hideous possibility yet exists that Fenn has committed allegory in The Thrill of the Chase. A metaphorical bait and switch. A Treasure of the Sierra Madre. This conclusion is what remains after the searcher has discarded all rational explanations for Fenn's creation of The Chaseᵀᴹ. The gleam in Fenn’s eye glitters darkly now. There is always a possibility that "Fenn" was a character all along, played by an actor. A face and pen name for a committee's efforts. A latter day Shakespeare if you will, with actual authors Bacon, Marlowe, Jonson et al, populating the boards and throwing out the soft rope to maintain the ruse. So yeah, it's irrelevant. We're providing our own entertainment.
                      Knowing and watching, you soon see how people will do anything they can not see the truth. If the truth hurts many rather live in a lie. Knowing, also shows how smart Forrest really was, he was far smarter than the average searcher. The longer the ending goes on, the more people prove they would have never found the real solution. Some becasue they never had the ability, but mostly because they closed their mind. You have a vast knowledge of many things so you have an understanding of how everything connects in some way. We all have bought a new car and all of a sudden we see it everywhere. That is what happened to many with the search area, they made things connect. Some never understood if you use everything a 90-year-old man did in his rich lifetime, you can make just about anywhere fit. he told everyone to use TTOTC, GE and a map. Even when asked he said the map from TFTW had the clue. I understand getting to know the man and what he liked and loved. But you can't take something from a book he did not even know he would write, and make your solution around it. The truth of the real location has been shown, but deception and pride have blinded many. In the end, the solution was nothing like others, and just like many. Now it is time to write this post off as one more person who thinks they solved the poem. Make sure not to look for then the truth might be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
                        Perhaps Jack is a good example. If any of the accounts are to be believed, his solve was both banal and imprecise, but he was unswerving in his commitment. In the end he walks away with a casket of goodies. Could that be a pointer toward the "irrelevance," geographically speaking, of one's initial solution?

According to Fenn, there's a "write" way and a wrong way. Is the (w)rite more important? And if performance of a rite is required, is that for a specific reason connected with the real ending?
                        As you suggest...a "rite of passage"??

Do you care to expound on that possibility, if that is what you imply/mean?

Thx!

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun
                          My solution does’t matter? I’d say possibly-especially since I march to my own beat. I can’t help that about myself because everything I am is from thinking on my feet (hey, that rimed!). I hate rules and I hate plans…so I just play everything by ear ya know?
                          Very similar to living in the Now DanNun

Good for you! *applauds*

Comment

Originally posted by Tim (ZosoRocks) View Post

As you suggest...a "rite of passage"??

Do you care to expound on that possibility, if that is what you imply/mean?

Thx!
                            I've wondered whether it's a water rite of some sort. Elsewhere I mentioned the possibility that "warm waters" relates to urine, a substance used to mark territory. Is that what Fenn's postmarks really refer to: the requirement to mark a post? And what about the "softly flowing stream of water" phrase that appears twice in SB 117 and again in 117.5? It seems like Forrest really wanted us to pay attention to his "softly flowing stream." And how was he going to water his trees? And how many photos are there of him with his hand over his genitals? And why did he really want the kids to wet the road with squirt guns?

It may indeed be a rite of passage, or a rite of protection, IDK, but there are too many pointers to ignore IMO. I'm also fairly certain in my own mind that Forrest was very aware of Native American lore and spirituality. I wouldn't be surprised if he practised rituals.

Name:	cp19011v.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	456611

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

I've wondered whether it's a water rite of some sort. Elsewhere I mentioned the possibility that "warm waters" relates to urine, a substance used to mark territory. Is that what Fenn's postmarks really refer to: the requirement to mark a post? And what about the "softly flowing stream of water" phrase that appears twice in SB 117 and again in 117.5? It seems like Forrest really wanted us to pay attention to his "softly flowing stream." And how was he going to water his trees? And how many photos are there of him with his hand over his genitals? And why did he really want the kids to wet the road with squirt guns?

It may indeed be a rite of passage, or a rite of protection, IDK, but there are too many pointers to ignore IMO. I'm also fairly certain in my own mind that Forrest was very aware of Native American lore and spirituality. I wouldn't be surprised if he practised rituals.

Name:	cp19011v.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	456611
                              Specialized knowledge.
                              Lost Time is never found again. - Benjamin Franklin​

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

Specialized knowledge.
                                That's a very good point... except that we all pee. Nothing specialized there!

I think that if a water rite is involved, we don't need to know anything except that our "actions will be deliberate."

Comment

Working...
                                X