Forrest Fenn and the power 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forrest Fenn and the power 9

It is quite possible that Forrest chose the number 9 for a reason. It is considered a magical number, for instance if you add 9 + 9 = 18 then add 1 + 8 the result is 9 ​​​​.
    3 x 9 = 27 and 2 + 7 = 9 the reduced number comes back to 9. The word that is key in the poem I believe is TREASURES because it is the only nine letter word In it.
    Using the cipher of letters to their numbers in the alphabet TREASURES adds up to 126 and 1 + 2 + 6 = 9. In TTOTC the only place you see a photo of the chest and its TREASURES is on Page 126.
    A RAINBOW is an arc of 180 degrees and 1 + 8 = 9. RAINBOWS seen from the air are really circular and a circle is 360 degrees and 3 + 6 = ​​​​​​9. Just a thought.

He was 9 when he found his first arrowhead, his first treasure, which sparked the love of the thrill of the chase within him

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly View Post
      He was 9 when he found his first arrowhead, his first treasure, which sparked the love of the thrill of the chase within him
      willynilly Yes exactly, that too is true.

Comment

starwheel

I played with Base 9 for over a year, searching for a combination of letter values that could make the poem fully equivalent across "To be." Though I came close many times, perfect math proved elusive.

So I switched to Base 10, and was subsequently able to achieve full equality provided that "I" was removed from the calculations (as directed by Lines 1 and 17). My post Moon Code Revealed provides a full accounting of the mathematical process and outcomes.

In short, I agree with you that there are many interesting outcomes possible using Base 9 letter values, as you are describing here. But I view them as Hint-level outcomes because IMO they are meant to lead you further into the puzzle . . . Think signpost pointing towards Base 10 . . .

Check my work. Think on it deeply. You may come to agree that the resultant cannot be randomly obtained.

Regards.

MoonScavenger

Comment

Originally posted by MoonScavenger View Post
          starwheel

I played with Base 9 for over a year, searching for a combination of letter values that could make the poem fully equivalent across "To be." Though I came close many times, perfect math proved elusive.

So I switched to Base 10, and was subsequently able to achieve full equality provided that "I" was removed from the calculations (as directed by Lines 1 and 17). My post Moon Code Revealed provides a full accounting of the mathematical process and outcomes.

In short, I agree with you that there are many interesting outcomes possible using Base 9 letter values, as you are describing here. But I view them as Hint-level outcomes because IMO they are meant to lead you further into the puzzle . . . Think signpost pointing towards Base 10 . . .

Check my work. Think on it deeply. You may come to agree that the resultant cannot be randomly obtained.

Regards.

MoonScavenger
          Scavenger I really don't think he goes that deep into it. I think it is just simple letter to number substitution he is alluding to, and that 9 is important. Towards the bottom of Page 4 in the preface he reveals his simple cipher when he writes: "This is my ninth book in twenty six years" when in actual fact it was his eighth book as revealed within the back cover wrap, so Forrest changed it for a purpose. Twenty six suggests the number of letters in the alphabet where 9 is the letter I. In the poem there are just five capital 'I's that are alone. 5 x 9 = 45 and 4 + 5 = 9
          If we substitute those capital 'I's with 9 and read those lines again making the substitution as 9 we still get sense as below:

"As 9 have gone alone in there
          9 can keep my secret where
          So why is it that 9 must go
          The answers 9 already know
          9 give you title to the gold.

This suggests to me that the nine letter word TREASURES somehow helps reveal the treasure itself, helping reveal the location of itself which would be clever.

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post

Scavenger I really don't think he goes that deep into it. I think it is just simple letter to number substitution he is alluding to, and that 9 is important. Towards the bottom of Page 4 in the preface he reveals his simple cipher when he writes: "This is my ninth book in twenty six years" when in actual fact it was his eighth book as revealed within the back cover wrap, so Forrest changed it for a purpose. Twenty six suggests the number of letters in the alphabet where 9 is the letter I. In the poem there are just five capital 'I's that are alone. 5 x 9 = 45 and 4 + 5 = 9
            If we substitute those capital 'I's with 9 and read those lines again making the substitution as 9 we still get sense as below:

"As 9 have gone alone in there
            9 can keep my secret where
            So why is it that 9 must go
            The answers 9 already know
            9 give you title to the gold.

This suggests to me that the nine letter word TREASURES somehow helps reveal the treasure itself, helping reveal the location of itself which would be clever.
            Scrapbook 107
            ”Keep my EYE on the telephone lines.”
            Eye - i - ojo - 9

Forrest made two X’s on page “99” of TTOTC
            “ii”

Also, look at the other scrapbook pics I attached. The RIGHT eye. Which “eye” is the “right” eye. There were two “ojos” in Forrest’s life. One when he was young, the other when he was old. TWO. Young Forrest in the mirror, old Forrest in the mirror. Which “eye” is the “right” eye. I would venture to say it was the one in his latter years. There is still the possibility, in my mind, that he hid something twice. TWO.

Riches new…AND…old.

Attached Files

Comment

Power of family = 9
              Page 134 Mother(purse) and Father(King) bells + Page 135 Forrest, Skippy (little King) and June (little purse) bells = 5
              Page 136 Peggy, Zoe and Kelly (same = females) bells + Page 137 Forrest bell (same as Forrest bell from Page 135 = 4
              5 + 4 = 9 = Both of Forrest's families
              Page 138 & 139 = 7 jars = Grandchildren
              Page 146 Forrest looking up to heaven at the number 45 made of stars to the right of the moon = 9 = both of his families = TREASURES

Comment

Great to see we have the little grey cells working here now. Ok! So what can 9 go into?

Comment

Originally posted by Chester Retriever

Asinine!
                  Clever, I like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X