"Missed Fortune"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Missed Fortune"

Has anyone, besides me, been listening to the Apple podcast "Missed Fortune"? I'm not sure who this Darrell guy is but the whole series, to this point, has been focused primarily on his unhealthy obsession and reckless misadventures... It's a pretty fascinating story from a psychological perspective.
    But that's not why I wanted to write this ... The last episode "$8 Million" included some never before heard interviews that promised to take the series in an entirely new direction.... It included some words from Sasha Dent and, at the very end, a statement from the reclusive miracle boy genius himself, Jack Steuf! This could get interesting!
    I wonder, when they reach the episode "$10 Million" will they have an interview with Forrest telling us that he had decided to go back and get the chest himself?? Just joking of course but it wouldn't surprise me if an unpublished interview with Forrest was included.
    They put up a new show every Monday if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Sal O'mander; 09-22-2022, 09:28 AM.

Originally posted by Sal O'mander View Post
    Has anyone, besides me, been listening to the Apple podcast "Missed Fortune"? I'm not sure who this Darrell guy is but the whole series, to this point, has been focused primarily on his unhealthy obsession and reckless misadventures... It's a pretty fascinating story from a psychological perspective.
    But that's not why I wanted to write this ... The last episode "$8 Million" included some never before heard interviews that promised to take the series in an entirely new direction.... It included some words from Sasha Dent and, at the very end, a statement from the reclusive miracle boy genius himself, Jack Steuf! This could get interesting!
    I wonder, when they reach the episode "$10 Million" will they have an interview with Forrest telling us that he had decided to go back and get the chest himself?? Just joking of course but it wouldn't surprise me if an unpublished interview with Forrest was included.
    I've listened to all of them. I posted a link here on THOR about a month ago, but there didn't seem to be much interest in it. Really well done podcast including never-before-heard interviews with Forrest. The main subject of the podcast, Darrell Seyler, was pretty well known in the search community back in 2014-2015 time frame. There were several articles on his "misadventures" inside Yellowstone.

Here's one of the original Outside Online articles (same author that did the podcast: Peter Fricke-Wright): https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoo...reat-treasure/

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Longfellow View Post

I've listened to all of them. I posted a link here on THOR about a month ago, but there didn't seem to be much interest in it. Really well done podcast including never-before-heard interviews with Forrest. The main subject of the podcast, Darrell Seyler, was pretty well known in the search community back in 2014-2015 time frame. There were several articles on his "misadventures" inside Yellowstone.

Here's one of the original Outside Online articles (same author that did the podcast: Peter Fricke-Wright): https://www.outsideonline.com/outdoo...reat-treasure/

Cheers
      Yeah... I think it was your post that first drew my attention to it...
      ​​​​​​I don't think it's been getting the attention it deserves... It's pretty heavy on the Darrell stuff, and I think that's been turning a few people off.... But it's worth a listen just for the new interviews and I can't help but feel like it's all leading up to some huge reveal at the end. I could be wrong of course... But, so far, I've found it to be much more informative and entertaining than the Cavalry podcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Express
        I have not. Mostly because I dislike Apple as a company and a platform, so I have a strong tendancy to aviod anything that comes via that avenue.
        I don't care for Apple much either... But I think it's worth a listen.
        Especially if you have any interest in the psychological aspects of the chase..... And they did promise more from Jack in the next installment.

Comment

8 million eh, so there’s still a Little wiggle room left. I can relax now

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Express

I personally couldnt care less about him, as Im sure that part of the Chase story is just a bunch of made up fictional bullshit
            ya agreed doesn’t seem worth my time

Comment

I don't put much stock in Jack's words either... But it's interesting to hear them coming from his own mouth... I guess maybe I'm hoping that he might slip up! Don't worry, if he does, I'll be sure to let you know.
              Last edited by Sal O'mander; 09-22-2022, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Oh just wait. He was at the trial and got hours of exclusive interviews, and no I am not talking with searchers.
                “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

In this podcast, from one of the interviews with Forrest in Episode 3...

Forrest: "...and when somebody finds that, they're going to tell myself [themselves], good lord why did it take me so long to do this."
                  Interviewer: "So it's...it's a good riddle?"
                  Forrest: "What?"
                  Interviewer: "It's a riddle...it's a good riddle, the kind that...that...it'll seem obvious once you understand it?"
                  Forrest: Yeah...yeah​

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                    Oh just wait. He was at the trial and got hours of exclusive interviews, and no I am not talking with searchers.
                    Interesting.... I'll keep listening!

Comment

Originally posted by Longfellow View Post
                      In this podcast, from one of the interviews with Forrest in Episode 3...

Forrest: "...and when somebody finds that, they're going to tell myself [themselves], good lord why did it take me so long to do this."
                      Interviewer: "So it's...it's a good riddle?"
                      Forrest: "What?"
                      Interviewer: "It's a riddle...it's a good riddle, the kind that...that...it'll seem obvious once you understand it?"
                      Forrest: Yeah...yeah​
                      I didn't catch that.... Guess I need to go back and listen to all of the episodes again!

Comment

I didn't catch that.... Guess I need to go back and listen to all of the episodes again!
                        Episode 3. Start at about the 3:15 mark.

Comment

Working...
                        X