Searching relatively closer to the parking spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching relatively closer to the parking spot

The more I think about the symbolic/visual stuff -- such as the nook that the poem leads to (in my opinion), the more I think that Fenn wouldn't have hiked this far, carrying the goodies all the way from a reasonable parking spot. I think it's more likely that if he brought and left anything in the nook, it would have been just a small lightweight item directing the finder to do something else (such as to contact Fenn, or to search elsewhere).

I also believe that the poem could, if interpreted slightly differently, merely lead a searcher to a more-convenient search location (say, within 500 feet of the same reasonable parking spot). This more-convenient search location is where I found that cute little painted flat stone. Here's its picture. It shows a duck dipping its head underwater.

I did a relatively quick search near where this stone was found, and didn't find the bronze chest there. So I'm considering again travelling to this location, prepared to do a more thorough search. It's several days (one-way) of driving from where I live, so the trip would be time-consuming and expensive for me. I'm kinda reluctant, but am still holding onto some hope about finding the TC there. I would do some sight-seeing while in the region, in order to help justify the trip. I have never visited any art galleries in Denver.

Click image for larger version  Name:	rock - closeup.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	454872
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 09-22-2022, 11:52 AM.

I always stop at as many points of interest as I can and visit with relatives while I'm out there so it's never a wasted trip.... Well, except for that one time when I thought I had made a major breakthrough so I drove straight out, searched for four hours and then drove straight back!
    Even after four lengthy trips, I feel as if there is a great deal more that I have not yet seen or done... Chest or no chest it's always a great respite from the day to day drudgery of work and home.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      The more I think about the symbolic/visual stuff -- such as the nook that the poem leads to (in my opinion), the more I think that Fenn wouldn't have hiked this far, carrying the goodies all the way from a reasonable parking spot. I think it's more likely that if he brought and left anything in the nook, it would have been just a small lightweight item directing the finder to do something else (such as to contact Fenn, or to search elsewhere).

I also believe that the poem could, if interpreted slightly differently, merely lead a searcher to a more-convenient search location (say, within 500 feet of the same reasonable parking spot). This more-convenient search location is where I found that cute little painted flat stone. Here's its picture. It shows a duck dipping its head underwater.

I did a relatively quick search near where this stone was found, and didn't find the bronze chest there. So I'm considering again travelling to this location, prepared to do a more thorough search. It's several days (one-way) of driving from where I live, so the trip would be time-consuming and expensive for me. I'm kinda reluctant, but am still holding onto some hope about finding the TC there. I would do some sight-seeing while in the region, in order to help justify the trip. I have never visited any of the art galleries in Denver.

Click image for larger version Name:	rock - closeup.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	454872
      Hard to see how "just take the chest..." is ambiguous, unless of course the small lightweight item could be described as a chest.

I have areas I'd like to park at that would be way more convenient, but unfortunately these areas are not legally accessible to me. Fenn could very well have had legal access. Hard to say.

But I wish you well on your next search trip.

Comment

I did a relatively quick search near where this stone was found, and didn't find the bronze chest there. So I'm considering again travelling to this location, prepared to do a more thorough search. It's several days (one-way) of driving from where I live, so the trip would be time-consuming and expensive for me. I'm kinda reluctant, but am still holding onto some hope about finding the TC there. I would do some sight-seeing while in the region, in order to help justify the trip. I have never visited any of the art galleries in Denver.

Click image for larger version Name:	rock - closeup.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.67 MB ID:	454872
        Would your thoughts change on the final spot if instead of finding that painted rock with a duck , you found an Axe or hatchet wedged in a giant trunk of wood with the initials MF scratched into the handle ?

Comment

why do you think that was left there? I am interested in your story and why you have not gone back. I see so many saying they know but don’t have the confidence to return.

I hope someone on this site is right my friend. I don’t understand why you are still searching but I hope to get to know some of you one day. Where do you live? I would contribute what little I have to help you.

Comment

Hey, OP. I rode outa Denver last week from a good parking spot and arrived back in Leeds Friday (my original return flight actually left today, came back early). My half-hearted search uncovered a few things and trust me, I had eyes on what appeared to be the prize. The trip helped me tidy up the puzzle end, I was able to put a few things to bed, so very happy.

You talk a lot of sense and I do honestly believe you know your stuff, more than most. A few things you say gots me thinking that you're close to the bone.

My search days are behind me now. Time and commitments would only ever allow me to be a one trip pony. So, here's my gift to you; I left everything as I found it. If you believe you know where it is, then you can have it to do with as you wish! How's that for an act of love?

Don't forget your rake, you'll need it...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Car Parking Skills ..jpg Views:	0 Size:	870.2 KB ID:	455000

Comment

Looks like you’re going on a expensive vacation ,both of you!!! OP /BIG OUNUS

Comment

Even though we have a photo of the found chest, it seems that things are not what they seem...so, I say go for it.

Do you have a precise spot? Are you prepared with metal detector and to dig, if necessary. How deep is a hole?

You only live once, unless we get reincarnated ... which would be interesting ... but I think we only have one life for now. IMO

Comment

You're nuts.

Comment

https://ducksnarow.com/2017/09/rock-painting.html

Comment

Rock painting like that is a new thing - various towns and cities have clubs with their name + rocks (ie. Springfield Rocks) and when you find it, you post it and hashtag for others to see your find.
                      To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

Keep in mind forrest may have had a key to the gate where we don’t.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          Looks like you’re going on a expensive vacation ,both of you!!! OP /BIG OUNUS
                          My (not very expensive) trip is done. I scored a touchdown seeing things from a better perspective.

My driver (an old guy I hired) gave me enthusiastic tours of the wider region, teaching me its history. I listened real good!

Coming home empty handed is still a major win. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

Rock painting like that is a new thing - various towns and cities have clubs with their name + rocks (ie. Springfield Rocks) and when you find it, you post it and hashtag for others to see your find.
                            That is what cracked me up . OP is like "This is MINE !I'm taking it with me !" Reminds me of Mouth in the Goonies . LMFAO!!

Not dissing O.P. whatsoever So save it trolls .... His age keeps him out of the loop when it comes to modern day Geo Cashe 's and such ..

Comment

Originally posted by BigOnus View Post

My (not very expensive) trip is done. I scored a touchdown seeing things from a better perspective.

My driver (an old guy I hired) gave me enthusiastic tours of the wider region, teaching me its history. I listened real good!

Coming home empty handed is still a major win. IMO.
                              Interesting take on an overpriced vacation . (i am only teasing ) . Curious - what areas did he take you to learn about ? Did you get a chance to see Cherry Creek Lake ?

Comment

Working...
                              X