There in lies the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

Yep, we are all responsible for making our own beds....
    Best sweep out all the crumbs before hand though cause we both know how sleepless nights may lead to major depressions.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
      Tick Tock drip drop
      This is what I dearly love about you Sarah, you know how to talk the talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
        Tick Tock drip drop
        Endless nights....

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius B View Post

I see you are as well versed, as you are adept. It's comforting to know.

Honestly, I find Thomas to be the least challenging of the Gnostic Apocrypha. One thing that the Gospels of Thomas, Pistis Sophia, Gospel of Philip, Gospel of Mary, and the Coptic Gospel all agree on is a central conflict in early Christianity between Peter and Mary Magdalene for the spiritual leadership of the early church, and also between James (Jesus' Brother), and Paul for political leadership.

Regarding the Gospel of Mary (Berlin Codex 1983), an incident recorded in this work is attested in both canonical and non-canonical sources. We have every reason to believe it actually took place. (From Wikipedia with thanks.)

"The most complete text of the Gospel of Mary is contained in the Berlin Codex, but even so, it is missing six manuscript pages at the beginning of the document and four manuscript pages in the middle.[16] As such, the narrative begins in the middle of a scene, leaving the setting and circumstances unclear. King believes, however, that references to the death of the Savior and the commissioning scene later in the narrative indicate the setting in the first section of the text is a post-resurrection appearance of the Savior.[17] As the narrative opens, the Savior is engaged in dialogue with his disciples, answering their questions on the nature of matter and the nature of sin. At the end of the discussion, the Savior departs, leaving the disciples distraught and anxious. According to the story, Mary speaks up with words of comfort and encouragement. Then Peter asks Mary to share with them any special teaching she received from the Savior, “Peter said to Mary, ‘Sister, we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of the women. Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember – which you know (but) we do not, nor have we heard them.’”[11] Mary responds to Peter’s request by recounting a conversation she had with the Savior about visions.

(Mary) said, "I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to him, ‘Lord, I saw you today in a vision.’" He answered and said to me: “Blessed are you, that you did not waver at the sight of me. For where the mind is, there is the treasure." I said to him, "So now, Lord, does a person who sees a vision see it <through> the soul <or> through the spirit?"[13]

In the conversation, the Savior teaches that the inner self is composed of soul, spirit/mind, and a third mind that is between the two which sees the vision. Then the text breaks off and the next four pages are missing. When the narrative resumes, Mary is no longer recalling her discussion with the Savior. She is instead recounting the revelation given to her in her vision. The revelation describes an ascent of a soul, which as it passes on its way to its final rest, engages in dialogue with four powers that try to stop it.

[/SUP]

Hey B,
          Yeah yeah yeah... all good stuff. I add that regarding the "where your heart is.... there too is your treasure," is kind of what we as searchers have gleaned from TTOTC. IMO, this saying somewhat captures the essence of what Forrest's "hidden meaning"/"intention" goes to.... in terms of his underlying motivations... perhaps. He said that he wanted to get the kids off of their "texting machines." IMO... hidden, is that TTOTC sparks something that is innate within us humans (treasure seeking/where your heart is). IMO... Forrest stimulated the riddle solving mechanism inside of us, and that is akin to what Christ said when he said, "seek....and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you." IMO.... like Mary in the Gnostic texts.... that is an "individual" revelation experienced perhaps by the mediation of the "third-eye" activation. IMO... that "third eye" is like a "door" whereby upon seeking.... the answers are found. IMO... the experience of seeking answers in such a way activates and stimulates the mind and the soul as per the above Wiki entry. Joseph Campell, the mythologists, IMO... refers to that "path" as the "souls high adventure." And, IMO.... this is what Forrest inadvertently activated within many of the searchers experiences. It was.... and continues to be.... a wonderful adventure, with discoveries that will continue to be made.... as long as we retain and maintain the primal "third eye," seeking answers to and for, the riddle of our lives. (He said that he wanted us to continue with other adventures). IMO.... that is the collective and the individual essence of experience that Campell was referring to and which perhaps the apostles did not understand about the "souls' high adventure" regarding what Mary said. Maybe the fellows just didn't get it entirely as the text represents, but who knows maybe later they did, and it's just not represented in the text. If they did what Jesus instructed..... then the impasse in their understanding of what Mary said, would have been overcome. IMO... when you run into an impasse of understanding.... then that is like a riddle. IMO... one needs to stop there, or "halt," (in the poem), and then seek/knock and find the answer to that riddle to continue onwards. IMO, resolution to the riddle lies in the mind/soul/third eye alignment with the question at hand to provide an answer to the individual, so that the impasse can be overcome.... so that you can continue with your journey (the door will open).. IMO... Campell describes this scenario with the archetype of the "trickster" in the "Hero's Journey." In that scenario... the hero is "side-tracked" in the journey to learn an important lesson, taught by the trickster...... and when the hero emerges from that "side-tracked" sojourn, then he/she continues onward.... the lessons learned through the trials, now to be applied to the rest of the journey. Anyway, Paul in the New Testament tells how he was knocked off his horse and his vision of Jesus had Jesus telling Paul, "It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks." IMO.... that was a trial for Paul to "learn his lesson" and to "adjust his thinking." IMO... he had to let old paradigms die away, so that new paradigms could be born in their place.

Anyway, IMO, Forrest purposefully or no... stimulated the "seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be opened" within us searchers and in so doing gave us the gift to discover for ourselves just where our hearts were....and that, IMO.... is where the treasure lays too.... and the adventure continues. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by trueyeti View Post
            Anyway, IMO, Forrest purposefully or no... stimulated the "seek and ye shall find, knock and the door will be opened" within us searchers and in so doing gave us the gift to discover for ourselves just where our hearts were....and that, IMO.... is where the treasure lays too.... and the adventure continues. Cheers.
            Well said, Yeti.
            I also think he left it as a warning to us oysters about the Walrus and the Carpenter. About accepting "received truth" at face value, and/or taking the advice of others in what is essentially a personal vision quest by definition whether we like it or not. Life is the hero's journey. Milton wrote in Paradise Lost: “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.” Why wait till death clutching an IOU to see what you get, when you can go out hiking in the Rocky Mountains and experience heaven while you're still alive?

Anyway, great write and I'm glad you choose to share here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius B View Post

Well said, Yeti.
              I also think he left it as a warning to us oysters about the Walrus and the Carpenter. About accepting "received truth" at face value, and/or taking the advice of others in what is essentially a personal vision quest by definition whether we like it or not. Life is the hero's journey. Milton wrote in Paradise Lost: “The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.” Why wait till death clutching an IOU to see what you get, when you can go out hiking in the Rocky Mountains and experience heaven while you're still alive?

Anyway, great write and I'm glad you choose to share here.
              Hey B,
              Oh what fun! I have heard, that what was true yesterday - may not be true today, and that what is true today - may not be true tomorrow too. IMO... that kind of applies throughout the ages of the millennia and throughout the ages of a single person's life too. I think Patsy Cline said it best..... it's "crazy".. hahaha But hey, I like the song "Heaven and Hell" by Black Sabbath with Ronnie James Dio too. hahaha. (As per Milton). Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X