Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balder View Post

June 17th, 2016 (Mysterious writings)

Dear Forrest, may I ask what type of car you used to go into the mountains to hide the Treasure Chest. ~ Bill

Yes Bill, it was a sedan. f

Smart, he didn't answer the question what kind of car he was using but did describe the shape of the 'Treasure Chest' (in capital letters).

Real Fenntalk, I hadn't seen it that way before. Thanks 'Rose'.
    And for the thousandth time (actually an underestimate) Forrest provided the identity of his blaze in his short six-word reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post

And for the thousandth time (actually an underestimate) Forrest provided the identity of his blaze in his short six-word reply.
      Are you certain it’s a thousand

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

Are you certain it’s a thousand
        He did describe some of what the blazes were. Please take the time to read TTOTC and this time look for the number three. Even to the point Forrest says think about it after using it. It was the clue that broke the real solution wide open. Many did not understand that Forrest throwing that 3rd book on Time was a big clue. They looked at what was in that issue they did everything other than count books. I watch on Thor when people LOL at others about the HOB being Brown trout as if they know something. The HOB is Brown trout and it also has to deal with the slide story as well. When Forrest spoke of deep white canyons it meant something, when he spoke of water in the potholes on canyon st it meant something. The whole book had hints that lived on the edges.

Comment

Now you are just taking pot shots hoping to hit something

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBeer88W

Went through the CIA Career Trainee program in 1990 doing land nav and night nav with just a compass, map, red light filter flashlight. Also introduced to how to navigate in the daytime without a compass, just using a watch and map. Rusty, but really enjoyed learning it, so was happy to use it during The Chase. Using logic, reasoning, and target analysis (in this case biographic analysis) are not nonsense.
            That sounds a lot like the searcher who was over heard saying; " Quit bothering with that map and compass; I'm blazing a trail."

1f Billy

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius B View Post
              There are lots of misconceptions about history, both ancient and otherwise.
              Hey B,
              Yeah... all that stuff. Good job on the writeup. I only copied the above part of your comment and I add, IMO, most of the history of Western civilization has us with the church and the steeple within sight of the town square. It seems that the words "misconception" and "misconstrued" could apply equally here, with it seemingly being possible to trace monotheism and the church near the town square..... all the way back to these events/history that you outlined in your comment.

Heck... only recently has the Gospel of Thomas been discovered. Comparatively, that "lost gospel" is somewhat at odds with the accounts of Jesus as presented in the New Testament. It presents a different view of spirituality altogether IMO. Thomas.... is Gnostic as I understand.... and that.... is the difference that makes it heresy. That said, it is similar in principle as what you outlined in affect to the historical events in Egypt. As I have heard/read, after the New Testament was canonized.... the other gospels that were in existence at that time were instantaneously transformed into heresy by the church and banned. That is why some "caring Christians" buried the Gospel of Thomas. Heck, they loved it, but it became a cause for them to be in danger.... so they preserved it in jars and hid it in Egypt. (Nag Hammadi 1945).

Anyway, IMO... the gods of Egypt and the God of Christians aren't some other entity from another to be feared, IMO... they are all reflections of the same thing. IMO.... the divisions that exist today are the same as the one's of old whereby people seem fractioned on the old adage, "my god is better than your god." Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by trueyeti View Post
                "my god is better"
                I see you are as well versed, as you are adept. It's comforting to know.

Honestly, I find Thomas to be the least challenging of the Gnostic Apocrypha. One thing that the Gospels of Thomas, Pistis Sophia, Gospel of Philip, Gospel of Mary, and the Coptic Gospel all agree on is a central conflict in early Christianity between Peter and Mary Magdalene for the spiritual leadership of the early church, and also between James (Jesus' Brother), and Paul for political leadership.

Regarding the Gospel of Mary (Berlin Codex 1983), an incident recorded in this work is attested in both canonical and non-canonical sources. We have every reason to believe it actually took place. (From Wikipedia with thanks.)

"The most complete text of the Gospel of Mary is contained in the Berlin Codex, but even so, it is missing six manuscript pages at the beginning of the document and four manuscript pages in the middle.[16] As such, the narrative begins in the middle of a scene, leaving the setting and circumstances unclear. King believes, however, that references to the death of the Savior and the commissioning scene later in the narrative indicate the setting in the first section of the text is a post-resurrection appearance of the Savior.[17] As the narrative opens, the Savior is engaged in dialogue with his disciples, answering their questions on the nature of matter and the nature of sin. At the end of the discussion, the Savior departs, leaving the disciples distraught and anxious. According to the story, Mary speaks up with words of comfort and encouragement. Then Peter asks Mary to share with them any special teaching she received from the Savior, “Peter said to Mary, ‘Sister, we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of the women. Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember – which you know (but) we do not, nor have we heard them.’”[11] Mary responds to Peter’s request by recounting a conversation she had with the Savior about visions.

(Mary) said, "I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to him, ‘Lord, I saw you today in a vision.’" He answered and said to me: “Blessed are you, that you did not waver at the sight of me. For where the mind is, there is the treasure." I said to him, "So now, Lord, does a person who sees a vision see it <through> the soul <or> through the spirit?"[13]

In the conversation, the Savior teaches that the inner self is composed of soul, spirit/mind, and a third mind that is between the two which sees the vision. Then the text breaks off and the next four pages are missing. When the narrative resumes, Mary is no longer recalling her discussion with the Savior. She is instead recounting the revelation given to her in her vision. The revelation describes an ascent of a soul, which as it passes on its way to its final rest, engages in dialogue with four powers that try to stop it.

But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, "Say what you think concerning what she said. For I do not believe that the Savior said this. For certainly these teachings are of other ideas."[18] Peter also opposed her in regard to these matters and asked them about the Savior. "Did he then speak secretly with a woman, in preference to us, and not openly? Are we to turn back and all listen to her? Did he prefer her to us?"[19] "

Comment

His laws are written in our hearts, if one keeps breaking them are they a Christian ? He said seven times seven, we know there is no end to His mercy, yet do not temp they God comes to mind.
                  In this day and age it seems to me, that many seem to want to change God to fit their life, and not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by Livinlifebig View Post

I for one.
                    well then good luck finding your way back from Gibbon lunch spot, Pilgrim

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
                      His laws are written in our hearts, if one keeps breaking them are they a Christian ? He said seven times seven, we know there is no end to His mercy, yet do not temp they God comes to mind.
                      In this day and age it seems to me, that many seem to want to change God to fit their life, and not the other way around.
                      This 'God fit to life' argument sounds a lot like the 'F solve fit to spot' argument. Are they somehow related? A higher power is a part of my solve, but I don't feel led as I once did. Maybe I fell.
                      How does a fall fit into the correct solve?

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
                        This 'God fit to life' argument sounds a lot like the 'F solve fit to spot' argument. Are they somehow related? A higher power is a part of my solve, but I don't feel led as I once did. Maybe I fell.
                        How does a fall fit into the correct solve?
                        -/-

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	450662

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
                          For me, and prolly every human who is caught in the crossfire of this spiritual warzone, it's a Thy will vs my will issue. The battle between the spirit and the flesh. The bottom line is however: "You can't tag along Jesus while you're on the throne"
                          Last edited by Redneck Express; 09-03-2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
                            Forrest left many many hints to solving his poem, so many in fact that you could get some of them to fit any solve. You still won’t know how many there are when you actually have the correct solution.
                            There is not a way to know if your on the right track or just using confirmation bias. Everything is a [boxxcanyon]
                            There is a way to know, IMO, how to simplify is the question. Looking over numerous overloaded cell phones, computers and pads, besides being memory maxed out with pictures, waypoints and screenshots they tell a story all their own. Take for example my Galaxy S8 Active with 668 waypoints, I could add one more like Jelm Mountain or Bisti and make perfectly good sense of the addition. So where does one cross the line when it comes down to simplification? You could say that those waypoints are just the results of many worn out soles or you could say those are the results of a life well lived, I personally prefer the latter, but what do I know my time hasn’t come yet, although it may be closing in. This may sound like it’s all about me but I assure you it isn’t, after all, I’m just another drop in the bucket. Yet sometimes a single drip can make a world of difference, it all depends on how you look at it of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawshadow View Post

There is a way to know, IMO, how to simplify is the question. Looking over numerous overloaded cell phones, computers and pads, besides being memory maxed out with pictures, waypoints and screenshots they tell a story all their own. Take for example my Galaxy S8 Active with 668 waypoints, I could add one more like Jelm Mountain or Bisti and make perfectly good sense of the addition. So where does one cross the line when it comes down to simplification? You could say that those waypoints are just the results of many worn out soles or you could say those are the results of a life well lived, I personally prefer the latter, but what do I know my time hasn’t come yet, although it may be closing in. This may sound like it’s all about me but I assure you it isn’t, after all, I’m just another drop in the bucket. Yet sometimes a single drip can make a world of difference, it all depends on how you look at it of course.
                              Yep, we are all responsible for making our own beds....

Comment

Tick Tock drip drop

Comment

Working...
                                X