There is a way to know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

So Forrest and Jack sat in some little sandstone cave and ruined the Chase for the LS
    Hey Sarah,
    Hehehe... I think it is funny about the "cave." Myth has Odysseus in the cave of the Cyclops using a ram to escape. Joseph Campell says that the ram represents the Sun (and the power of the gods) as I recall. Anyway.... the cave motif is in myth. It could be likened to Hades (the underworld), or the unconscious mind. IMO.... cathedrals are emblematic of our early ancestors going into caves, seeking perhaps a mystical experience. So the church maybe is linked to the cave, in a way. Forrest told us of his church.... Campell tells us all about the mythical and mystical journey of the hero... a recurrent thematic motif running throughout human history. Anyways, I think that your observation is really fun and IMO.... links and connects TTOTC (and every searcher) with these same historical mythological motifs. A treasure hunt is supposed to be fun after all. Cheers.

Comment

So Forrest and Jack sat in some little sandstone cave and ruined the Chase for the LS
      I think it was the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by fallingrock View Post

I think it was the other way around.
        How could the LS have possibly ruined anything for those two?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

That's actually a pretty good theory.
          Hey Walker,
          Yeah it may be. As for my own personal experience and the time line that I put there... In May of 2016 I first wrote Forrest. In September of 2017 I stopped my searching (and stopped emailing him). Then in 2019 I started up again. It was 23 months between my stop and start again. I never wrote him again until after the chest was recovered....I sent him my solve and then 2 days later he came out and said Wyoming. I just wasn't the same when I returned. But all that talk of Forrest throwing out a bunch of hints/scrapbooks/etc, and what he said about his "feeling" that the chest would be recovered.... well, that was after the last time I'd sent him an email I think.... before the chest was recovered. In my mind and to me I figured that he thought I'd find it. I had told him of my PTSD and being laid off from work.... Like I said, I just wasn't the same. The trauma that I went through threw me for a doosie. Anyway... in my mind that's the theory that makes sense thus far. But it seems that my mind continues to "figure things out," if that makes sense to you. IMO... I have to give credit to this forum/THOR as a form of therapy. Anyways, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
            IMO only, there are two ways to architect a labyrinth: one way with an obvious, singular path and one way with no obvious, singular path. The hybrid is very, very difficult, though not impossible.
            Hey Rose,
            I like it. I throw in that the labyrinth is a metaphor perhaps in the case of Forrest. He is Daedalus, the architect of the maze. That said, IMO.... Forrest could think on the fly.....think on his feet. Remembering his story of being shot down and considering walking out of that jungle. Thinking of fishing and bluegills if I recall. Anyway.... IMO, as the architect Forrest could potentially have modified the labyrinth there towards the end..... in a manner that justified his end. The end where he could have had that something (the end), in mind when he told Dal of his intentions of causing the chase to end. Why? Maybe in that scenario, because he had to know? Maybe ending the chase was not his intent too, and Jack just found it.... fair and square. (In which case....congrats to his efforts). Anyway, things adding up on the ledger to make sense.....is what we're trying to do IMO..... absent "the winning solve." Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

Forrest probably made the hybrid, and then added mirrors for good measure.

If trueyeti 's theory is right, I think Forrest was probably pretty suspicious that the would-be-Finder didn't finish it for 2 years. Especially after seeing how a few of the 7%ers acted.
              I can't blame him for that.
              Hey Walker,
              IMO... you make a fine point. Imagine the theory at least partially "right." That Forrest was somehow concerned....then he threw out additional hints (the general solve/specific solve hint for example), in hopes that it would "click" for a certain searcher. And then the community starts up the chants "Lead Searcher," and all that talk and back and forth.....and then the pressure that the 7%ers brought to him. Geeze man.....what was Forrest's age around that time? Yeah he created a monster.....and as the heat got turned up well, geeze..... it might seem reasonable that Forrest would have cause to bring the chase to an end as per Dal's email. I say this stuff just to agree with your point on the matter. IMO, it is a fine addition..... a definition of one of the variables..... it tells of one of the "missing puzzle pieces," IMO. Cheers.

Comment

When people are shown a solution, where there are three of everything. At the end of the solution, it ends at a small man-made island with a huge skull and a bronze chest that measures 10x10. There is a rainbow of water above and a dbl omega and they can't see it, there is little hope for anyone on Thor. Anyone who took the time and had the ability to solve the poem would know the real location. But so many have convinced themselves they solved it they turn away from the truth. So as many play games the legacy of Forrest Fenn goes to the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                  my honest opinion is that FF's statement is more of a marketing thing than anything. Sure he probably thought the finder would contact the Park Ranger or wouldn't be able to resist contacting him but I think it was more the mental push to keep searchers searching because they have "assurance" that it's out there.

Comment

Originally posted by bamaman View Post

my honest opinion is that FF's statement is more of a marketing thing than anything. Sure he probably thought the finder would contact the Park Ranger or wouldn't be able to resist contacting him but I think it was more the mental push to keep searchers searching because they have "assurance" that it's out there.
                    Counter productive to the chase was the introduction of Jack and Forrest confirmation of the find. No clues involved when the creator of the chase says it’s over then it’s over

Comment

Counter productive to the chase was the introduction of Jack and Forrest confirmation of the find. No clues involved when the creator of the chase says it’s over then it’s over
                      If we all put on our shady-cool glasses, do you think we could bring Forrest and the Chase back? Or would we just get some old pilot, contrapositive to our bad intentions?

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

He said he had a gut feeling one month before jack started searching. Then at fenboree he said it would be found any minute then he said the treasure would be found soon in a public announcement. He also stated he would scan emails looking for names and that he didn’t want to miss an email “from that person” there was one person he had his eyes on for sure and in the publics eye would be looked at as the lead searcher. If, if the box of gold is at the end of the poem. But he did say the treasure is not where your going to find it.
                        Trailblazer Your latter statement is incorrect, he said,quote: "The treasure is not buried where you are going to find it"

Comment

Originally posted by starwheel View Post

Trailblazer Your latter statement is incorrect, he said,quote: "The treasure is not buried where you are going to find it"
                          Thanks for the correction. Still a weird statement.

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun
                            I’m in the habit of taking things too literally.

“There is a way to know…”

Well which way is it Forrest?
                            If there’s a way to know then this can still be done. Imo I’m guessing a paper trail somewhere

Comment

It was always about another book

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun

Have you started riding yours? I have-although I plan on having a ghost do it for me.
                                Mine has been completed, except for the final chapter. Don’t you just hate those movie here the ending sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X