X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is a way to know

5 minute mark

https://youtu.be/V6E8Fu9wX2g
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

There was a dye pack in the chest.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DFXQDm0XYAE5aJ0.jpg
Views:	862
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	448023

Comment

I know a satallie image of a bronze chest that measures the same as the Fenn chest does not count, because you know.

Click image for larger version  Name:	chest filter (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.2 KB ID:	448029
      Last edited by Knowledge; 08-27-2022, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Forrest says... there is a way to know...

Well, I guess if you found the treasure chest you'd know right? I mean it would be right there in front of you! That's one way you would know but how would Forrest know...???

Man he can talk in circles...

Comment

Hey,
          For Forrest, IMO... the most probable way to know whether or not to know for sure that the chest had been recovered is for him to have arranged someone to go and find out.

To that end, it would require him to enter into an arrangement whereby a person was given the location and then that person were to go to that location.... and uncover it (IMO buried). Thing is.... this method of "knowing for sure" one way or the other would effectively end the chase.... given the "hypothetical" arrangement between Forrest and the retriever of his chest. IMO... this is the "one way." Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by trueyeti View Post
            Hey,
            For Forrest, IMO... the most probable way to know whether or not to know for sure that the chest had been recovered is for him to have arranged someone to go and find out.

To that end, it would require him to enter into an arrangement whereby a person was given the location and then that person were to go to that location.... and uncover it (IMO buried). Thing is.... this method of "knowing for sure" one way or the other would effectively end the chase.... given the "hypothetical" arrangement between Forrest and the retriever of his chest. IMO... this is the "one way." Cheers.
            But why would he need to know?

Comment

Forrest had more than one way to know, one was the place was being watched 24/7 the other was the extra. The extra that made it worth it to contact Forrest to make your payday much bigger. The one thing no one knew about, was a kidney stent that was to be used in his surgery. It was what the real solution was based on and what was photoshopped over by Forrest. Everything you needed to know was in TTOTC. Why is it that I must go was his cancer, his blocked kidney. Why didn't you think of that?

Comment

There is a way to know

So why is it that I must go?
                There ya go talking in spirals again.

Comment

3:40 "As far as I'm concerned, there is no lead searcher."

Matters little nowadays, but I believe the man.

Comment

This quote drives me nuts. Always thought it relates back to conservation easements. It truly drives me nuts though.

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post
                      3:40 "As far as I'm concerned, there is no lead searcher."

Matters little nowadays, but I believe the man.
                      How can that be possible when he’s watching for names and key words? I mean I can think of a way it’s possible. But there was always a lead searcher. “Closest to the solve” being closest to the box of gold by following the poem is physically impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

How can that be possible when he’s watching for names and key words? I mean I can think of a way it’s possible. But there was always a lead searcher. “Closest to the solve” being closest to the box of gold by following the poem is physically impossible.
                        I'm pretty sure that Forrest stated more than once that nobody had gotten past the first few clues. Off the top of my head I don't remember if he was referring to only the first 2 or maybe 3 or 4. Either way, it didn't sound like anyone was close to solving the poem until Jack found the treasure. Even if Jack eventually became the "lead searcher," the term was around even before he allegedly got into the chase. I'm convinced that the 500' searchers were everyone who drove past it and the 200' searchers that have been mythologized were really just people who stopped at a place near the chest, whether it was their search area or not. If it was indeed 9MH, there had to have been multiple, if not many, "lead searchers."

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post

I'm pretty sure that Forrest stated more than once that nobody had gotten past the first few clues. Off the top of my head I don't remember if he was referring to only the first 2 or maybe 3 or 4. Either way, it didn't sound like anyone was close to solving the poem until Jack found the treasure. Even if Jack eventually became the "lead searcher," the term was around even before he allegedly got into the chase. I'm convinced that the 500' searchers were everyone who drove past it and the 200' searchers that have been mythologized were really just people who stopped at a place near the chest, whether it was their search area or not. If it was indeed 9MH, there had to have been multiple, if not many, "lead searchers."
                          He said he had a gut feeling one month before jack started searching. Then at fenboree he said it would be found any minute then he said the treasure would be found soon in a public announcement. He also stated he would scan emails looking for names and that he didn’t want to miss an email “from that person” there was one person he had his eyes on for sure and in the publics eye would be looked at as the lead searcher. If, if the box of gold is at the end of the poem. But he did say the treasure is not where your going to find it.

Comment

There is a way to know without so many misapprehended quotes you just think you know. IMO

This one maybe a little off topic but one that I recently rethought; (paraphrasing) ‘I respected him so much I hung him with a new rope’. The second time around it made much more sense.
                            Last edited by Strawshadow; 08-27-2022, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

But why would he need to know?
                              Hey Sarah,
                              Good point. I hear you. IMO.. we do not have all of the answers and are relying on trying to "piece it all together." One thing we can rely on (IMO), is that he is the "architect," and that he spent decades on working out all of the "angles."

We can't know of his "true intentions" as the "architect." IMO... he had devised various "scenarios" in his architectural layout of the treasure hunt in which he had consideration for his legacy.

For example, there are the 8-bronze jars still "hidden." (Unless he had them recovered). IMO... these jars (containing the 20,000 word autobiography), act as an "agent" that ensure that the treasure hunt is not truly over. Remembering the "Dancing with the Millennium" and knowing that he had said about the bells.... "a thousand years," IMO... we can rest assured that his treasure hunt will influence those in the future. IMO... that's what he had intended.

To answer your question.... IMO... yeah he had the angles figured, however.... the rhetorical question that was asked to him regarding "knowing for sure" whether or not the chest had been recovered, was answered by him saying that there was a "way to know." IMO... that way requires him to send someone out to the location to see if it was still there. IMO... Forrest was subject to the same faults that we all are as humans have. Question is.... could he have sent someone out to do that? Is that the way the chase really ended? The answer/answers to that rhetorical/theoretical question is affirmative. Maybe the part of your question that reads, "why would he need to know" really means that he "had to know."

For example, if he knew that trueyeti was right on the spot (because I had sent him photos and emailed him), and he had not heard from me for 2 years..... well, then I can see that he could have become "un-nerved" and uncomfortable with the possibility that I had recovered the chest and chosen not to contact him. IMO... given this hypothetical.... he could have "adjusted" his architectural strategy to make it possible for him to end the chase. (As per his email to Dal). IMO... that scenario is possible. Thinking about it all for a minute, how would you react as Forrest Fenn.... having received the certain proof from a searcher that they were "right on top" of the treasure chest..... and then you hear nothing from that searcher for 2 plus years? Would you perhaps tell Dal that you intended to bring the chase to an end? How could you not do otherwise? Hell, the clues that he left out there were no longer fully in place.

How could you find rest knowing that a searcher had very likely found the chest and said nothing (in his mind). (Thereby threatening his legacy). Wouldn't you be open to the notion of ending the chase (sending someone out to see), just so you could know for certain whether or not the chest had been recovered? After all, he had an interest in fulfilling his own design of the chase and his legacy. Yet given the possibility of this scenario (that it had been recovered by trueyeti for example).... it was out of his hands in a way. The rhetorical question serves to show how "the one way to know for sure" is a possibility. That he recovered it himself/Jack, with Dal's email as evidence toward Forrest's intentionality to end the chase, thereby gives credence to the statement "one way to know," and that way was to have sent Jack. (Hypothetical....these are puzzle pieces).

IMO... the "one way to know" reveal was a minor slip up.... IMO.... it could go to intention, or reveal..... what he was already considering.... and that is to end the chase.... cause he had to know..... because I had sent him the photos that proved that I was right on the spot (in 2017) . Wyoming...... well that figures in to the preservation of his legacy, IMO. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X