The Missing Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Missing Box

Rest assured, Mr. Fenn departed this world too soon. Before the decrepid icky cancer went away, he must have left an old toolbox someplace with the secret to his cache inside. After all the leftovers of history, and his final footsteps into that place in which his memory hadn't been before; I believe that little toolbox remains misplaced. I believe the tiny thing had all kinds of odds and ends inside. Perhaps a fishing hook, casting bait, a kiddy rod, a line of string tied in knots just for good measure; a couple weighted balls, last but also least; a micro piece of history; just big enough to sit on the tip of my thumb; written on it the exciting secret of his trove of treasures. He claimed it (the box) was now lost. But he left it just in case dementia took over; so he would always know the location of it(Indulgence.) May they all nest in peace.
    Last edited by Willy'sNorthWesternPeaNut; 08-15-2022, 11:51 AM.
    Ω╰⋃╯Ω

The Missing Box

So how many tool boxes does a master mechanic need? Or perhaps, how many drawers does a master mechanics tool box require in order to be functional? Without a doubt Mr. Fenn covered many, many miles during his lifetime of escapades. And I’m sure there were many places along the way where he felt the need to tuneup his vehicle. Much like a pilot periodically checks his bearing in order to keep on course, his was never shortsighted.

Comment

I believe he said "tackle box"

Comment

Originally posted by Spallies View Post
        With 3 bouts of Covid under my belt my memory somehow reminded me to look up the word “tackle”. Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawshadow View Post

With 3 bouts of Covid under my belt my memory somehow reminded me to look up the word “tackle”. Thanks for the reminder.
          My leg is jolting from laughter.. I'm happy you also got the memo.
          Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

Originally posted by Strawshadow View Post
            The Missing Box

So how many tool boxes does a master mechanic need? Or perhaps, how many drawers does a master mechanics tool box require in order to be functional? Without a doubt Mr. Fenn covered many, many miles during his lifetime of escapades. And I’m sure there were many places along the way where he felt the need to tuneup his vehicle. Much like a pilot periodically checks his bearing in order to keep on course, his was never shortsighted.
            In the short side of things, at least one those roads were paved over with smiles and accolades. The amount of toolboxes is only determined by the size of the garage floor plan. The drawers depend on the size of the toolbox, how deep it is, and how far they pull out.
            Last edited by Willy'sNorthWesternPeaNut; 08-15-2022, 01:18 PM.
            Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

Originally posted by Spallies View Post
              I believe he did to.
              Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

Originally posted by Willy'sNorthWesternPeaNut View Post
                Rest assured, Mr. Fenn departed this world too soon. Before the decrepid icky cancer went away, he must have left an old toolbox someplace with the secret to his cache inside. After all the leftovers of history, and his final footsteps into that place in which his memory hadn't been before; I believe that little toolbox remains misplaced. I believe the tiny thing had all kinds of odds and ends inside. Perhaps a fishing hook, casting bait, a kiddy rod, a line of string tied in knots just for good measure; a couple weighted balls, last but also least; a micro piece of history; just big enough to sit on the tip of my thumb; written on it the exciting secret of his trove of treasures. He claimed it (the box) was now lost. But he left it just in case dementia took over; so he would always know the location of it(Indulgence.) May they all nest in peace.
                Oh heck ya . I get it now .

Question:
                How much dopamine rushes to your head when you post confusing and code worded threads ?
                How long does it last ?

I have been thinking of doing the same in my spare time , The only problem I have is , I can't stand doing that to people . IMHO, people have been through way too much with the cryptic fake ending . Please tell me how you get past the initial guilt and feeling bad about doing that to people ?

Asking for a friend . Thanks in advance .
                Last edited by Fenndery; 08-15-2022, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

Oh heck ya . I get it now .

Question:
                  How much dopamine rushes to your head when you post confusing and code worded threads ?
                  How long does it last ?

I have been thinking of doing the same in my spare time , The only problem I have is , I can't stand doing that to people . IMHO, people have been through way too much with the cryptic fake ending . Please tell me how you get past the initial guilt and feeling bad about doing that to people ?

Asking for a friend . Thanks in advance .

You do know about the lost box I'm refering to right? The tacklebox Fenn said he misplaced and doesn't remember where it is. He put the location of the treasure on a piece of paper and put it in the tackle box. He did this because he feared dementia would set in and he didnt want to forget where he put the treasure. Though coincidentally he forgot where he put the tacklebox..

It's more work to me now than pleasure, though not meant to be confusing at all. While it definitively gets directly to the point for a handful of readers, it could easily be seen as to contain random fill to most others. Because most others read it, I add context of a subject, though other contents in the subject text may seem random. If you(or someone who) can't understand the definitive context, and would like to; I'd recommend starting with a dictionary and looking for patterns in synonyms and definitions. That's really the best advice I could give you on how to "decode" the "hidden" message. But one who understands how to read it and knows whats being said, could also argue that it is not hidden but very direct; due to it being "by definition." I could also tell you that if you read over those type of texts(such as the ones I post,) you will see the patern more often than you will in TTOTC, and I do that purposefully, most people who do understand it, dont write it as fluid or prominent as I do. Which is why it's more work than pleasure to me, because I have to make sure everything is written correctly. When I see someone write a reply that could possibly contain such definitive language, they very rarely add enough context to display they are deliberately writing in a definitive language,(which is why you see so much filler in my posts). If I wanted to seek reassurance that they are writing in such a way, I usually have to resort to reading their comments on other posts or something they posted. That gives me a good general idea of if they actually know what they just said. I try to cut out that process for those people who already understand by just writing something long enough and with enough context. I hope this helps you understand why I write so much, sorry if it confuses you, it's not intended to do that, so please try not to let it. And for reassurance I'm just writing normal in this comment there isn't any "definitive language" in this, I just had a lot to say in order to explain why I write how I do. I can talk normal too I promise, but usually when its Chase related I tend to use definitive language more often than not, even in short comments. Sorry this reply is so long I'm sure it's not the reply you were expecting though you probably expected something odd from me anyways because my posts probably seem odd.

Ps. Physically speaking and hearing definitive language is a lot harder for me to do than Reading and writing it. My brain doesnt think fast enough to speak it out loud, like Mr. Fenn could do, and he could whip it out so fast its was crazy. Mr. Fenn was so wickedly sharp man, people dont even understand how alert he was. It wasn't until he was nearing his last year or two did he begin a decline in alertness, but it was so barely noticable that it didnt even really matter that that point.. I wish I could have had a conversation with him in person, we would have both been blushing lol

Ps2. Is there a code or cypherish thing you do understand? I'll try to make something in that coded language. Though I'm not of a codes and cyphers guy so it would take me a while to come up with something, but it would basically say the same thing all my other posts say, because they all say pretty much the same thing in definitive language, its just the standard surface context that changes. I don't feel comfortable just speaking normally what it is that I'm saying in definitive language, because most people would likey reject the idea or likey come to a realization that would not make them comfortable about Mr. Fenn. Which is why he didnt tell his family his secret.. I'm not going to throw him under the bus like that either. That is against my moral code because I respect him so.

Ps3. Here's a code language I have thought about using recently, but I have yet to do so. I forgot the name of it though. No it's not an anagram..
                  "Basic anagrams, why out sure admit his?"
                  It says "can you read this?"
                  Last edited by Willy'sNorthWesternPeaNut; 08-15-2022, 09:32 PM.
                  Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

You do know about the lost box I'm refering to right? The tacklebox Fenn said he misplaced and doesn't remember where it is. He put the location of the treasure on a piece of paper and put it in the tackle box. He did this because he feared dementia would set in and he didnt want to forget where he put the treasure. Though coincidentally he forgot where he put the tacklebox..

It's more work to me now than pleasure, though not meant to be confusing at all. While it definitively gets directly to the point for a handful of readers, it could easily be seen as to contain random fill to most others. Because most others read it, I add context of a subject, though other contents in the subject text may seem random. If you(or someone who) can't understand the definitive context, and would like to; I'd recommend starting with a dictionary and looking for patterns in synonyms and definitions. That's really the best advice I could give you on how to "decode" the "hidden" message. But one who understands how to read it and knows whats being said, could also argue that it is not hidden but very direct; due to it being "by definition." I could also tell you that if you read over those type of texts(such as the ones I post,) you will see the patern more often than you will in TTOTC, and I do that purposefully, most people who do understand it, dont write it as fluid or prominent as I do. Which is why it's more work than pleasure to me, because I have to make sure everything is written correctly. When I see someone write a reply that could possibly contain such definitive language, they very rarely add enough context to display they are deliberately writing in a definitive language,(which is why you see so much filler in my posts). If I wanted to seek reassurance that they are writing in such a way, I usually have to resort to reading their comments on other posts or something they posted. That gives me a good general idea of if they actually know what they just said. I try to cut out that process for those people who already understand by just writing something long enough and with enough context. I hope this helps you understand why I write so much, sorry if it confuses you, it's not intended to do that, so please try not to let it. And for reassurance I'm just writing normal in this comment there isn't any "definitive language" in this, I just had a lot to say in order to explain why I write how I do. I can talk normal too I promise, but usually when its Chase related I tend to use definitive language more often than not, even in short comments. Sorry this reply is so long I'm sure it's not the reply you were expecting though you probably expected something odd from me anyways because my posts probably seem odd.

Ps. Physically speaking and hearing definitive language is a lot harder for me to do than Reading and writing it. My brain doesnt think fast enough to speak it out loud, like Mr. Fenn could do, and he could whip it out so fast its was crazy. Mr. Fenn was so wickedly sharp man, people dont even understand how alert he was. It wasn't until he was nearing his last year or two did he begin a decline in alertness, but it was so barely noticable that it didnt even really matter that that point.. I wish I could have had a conversation with him in person, we would have both been blushing lol

Ps2. Is there a code or cypherish thing you do understand? I'll try to make something in that coded language. Though I'm not of a codes and cyphers guy so it would take me a while to come up with something, but it would basically say the same thing all my other posts say, because they all say pretty much the same thing in definitive language, its just the standard surface context that changes. I don't feel comfortable just speaking normally what it is that I'm saying in definitive language, because most people would likey reject the idea or likey come to a realization that would not make them comfortable about Mr. Fenn. Which is why he didnt tell his family his secret.. I'm not going to throw him under the bus like that either. That is against my moral code because I respect him so.

Ps3. Here's a code language I have thought about using recently, but I have yet to do so. I forgot the name of it though. No it's not an anagram..
                    He said he couldn't remember where the fishing spot was, not that he lost a tacklebox.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	423
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	444481

LMFAO!!
                      Who is your audience ???? ...

"I am the self appointed Messiah !!! Ohm , Ohm , Ohm ......" "You shall learn how to read my code so that you may be amongst my 3 followers .....Ohm , Ohm .....Ohm ...."

Dude !.... There is only about 10 of us left here on a given day ......

Delusions of grandeur much bro ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenndery View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif
Views:	423
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	444481

LMFAO!!
                        Who is your audience ???? ...

"I am the self appointed Messiah !!! Ohm , Ohm , Ohm ......" "You shall learn how to read my code so that you may be amongst my 3 followers .....Ohm , Ohm .....Ohm ...."

Dude !.... There is only about 10 of us left here on a given day ......

Delusions of grandeur much bro ?
                        You just dont get it..
                        Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

Originally posted by Hear me all View Post

He said he couldn't remember where the fishing spot was, not that he lost a tacklebox.
                          You are refering to something else.
                          Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

You are refering to something else.
                            You said " He claimed it (the box) was now lost."
                            I can't remember that either, no surprise, as my old memory doesn't seem to work so well these days. Can you clue us in?

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

You said " He claimed it (the box) was now lost."
                              I can't remember that either, no surprise, as my old memory doesn't seem to work so well these days. Can you clue us in?
                              It believe it was in a scrapbook. I couldn't tell you which one now as it has been years since I've read it.
                              Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

Working...
                              X