No announcement yet.

Ya gotta love Cynthia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems Forrest was over the moon with Jack being the finder. Maybe its time everyone gave him a well deserved pat on the back.
    "I ride a slug, like a bullet, into battle. We commandeered the shell..."

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
      She desperately tries to confirm 9MH. What beats me is that if she is so sure of it been the correct location, and she already found closure, then why the continued effort.

"People like me that want it to be Nine Mile Hole.". That says it all.

The lingering doubt about why Forrest would offer up such a crappy, mundane solution to his 15 year poem must bother the Nine Mile Holers at a deep subconscious level.
      You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

Comment

Originally posted by DanNun

Well I went on a trip and came up on a dead end. I sat alone there for a while and thought it was time to invest in some more research. After all, I was mad as hell I was left with nothing but a memory. Anyways I’m back to work…it’s the only way I can request more time off in order to go. The military calls it leave-and I think that’s why I’m back.

Here’s a thot…Do you ever feel like a fish? Let me tell you…I do. Im following this dam wet fly, even though I know I’m being caught. Oh well…I think that’s the thrill in the chase. Forrest was pretty good at selling fakes after all. Or in a funner way…maybe he was a bit sell fish in the end?

“Who says I can’t take it with me?”

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back.
        Hi DanNun. I attempted to take a big bite out of a nice looking fly a couple times. It was just floating above me, fluttering like it was injured, and I was hungry. It tore my cheek out each time as soon as chomped. One time even caught into my tail and ripped it good. I got away, but it taunted me each time with his smile. This sucker was sharp, as in delivering pain and in wit, and I knew I should stay away, but for some reason wanted it more.

I am now slowly swimming upstream, not with a paddle, but with my fish broken tail and my wounded confidence. Does Forrest have any leftover fish tails I can buy, or are they fish tales? Next time I see that stinkin' fly, I'm going to give it the side-eye. That'll sure show him!!

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
          She desperately tries to confirm 9MH. What beats me is that if she is so sure of it been the correct location, and she already found closure, then why the continued effort.

The question that always comes to my mind is why is it always the same people pushing the same agenda. It’s all one big conspiracy with the Fenn media network controlling what you hear and see. Propaganda at its finest. Kcuf

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

Hi DanNun. I attempted to take a big bite out of a nice looking fly a couple times. It was just floating above me, fluttering like it was injured, and I was hungry. It tore my cheek out each time as soon as chomped. One time even caught into my tail and ripped it good. I got away, but it taunted me each time with his smile. This sucker was sharp, as in delivering pain and in wit, and I knew I should stay away, but for some reason wanted it more.

I am now slowly swimming upstream, not with a paddle, but with my fish broken tail and my wounded confidence. Does Forrest have any leftover fish tails I can buy, or are they fish tales? Next time I see that stinkin' fly, I'm going to give it the side-eye. That'll sure show him!!
            You may end up starting in pole position...

Comment

It's interesting to me that Forrest tended to surround himself with those who might be described as good people, but often lacking imagination - Doug Preston being the exception. If you have a project requiring a degree of secrecy, it might be wise to attract people who are a little less inquiring, a little more willing to accept things at face value, should you wish to make use of them. Karl certainly seems to fit that description and I noticed similar traits in Dan Barbarisi even though he was Jack's contact and a veteran journalist. I also recall that Forrest once described Dal in those terms.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
                It's interesting to me that Forrest tended to surround himself with those who might be described as good people, but often lacking imagination - Doug Preston being the exception. If you have a project requiring a degree of secrecy, it might be wise to attract people who are a little less inquiring, a little more willing to accept things at face value, should you wish to make use of them. Karl certainly seems to fit that description and I noticed similar traits in Dan Barbarisi even though he was Jack's contact and a veteran journalist. I also recall that Forrest once described Dal in those terms.
                I believe Fenn was attracted to the attention he was receiving as the Chase gained momentum. As the more outgoing searchers realized that they could gain private access to him I think the Chase began to take on a different feel to it. Folks following the various blogs began to hear about certain searchers cozying up and riddling Fenn with questions and posting some of the answers in an attempt to quiet the comments about unfairness. Dal at one point even contemplated closing up shop and quitting because folks thought he had an advantage. Fenn made statements that quieted the masses somewhat and Dal continued on with his blog and keeping folks up to date with everything Fenn related. The news media and book signings etc. were a fair opportunity for all searchers equally. The downside was the growing number of searchers peppering Fenn with requests to meet up and ultimately trying to get answers to questions about the treasure hunt. This is where Fenn had bad judgement IMO. If it was an innocent one-time meet the man event, I could never see that as negatively affecting anyone. However, the Nancy Drew and Sherlock Holmes wannabee types that were meeting him quite frequently under the guise of 'friendliness' can't ever be dismissed as being totally fair or even ethical in a treasure hunt like this. The upside is obvious. None of these prolific hounds found the treasure or got Fenn to spill the beans and the big laugh is on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

The question that always comes to my mind is why is it always the same people pushing the same agenda. It’s all one big conspiracy with the Fenn media network controlling what you hear and see. Propaganda at its finest. Kcuf
                  The question should be is.....why are these key folks not doing interviews with normal everyday joes?

Comment

Cynthia knows deep down 9mh is not the spot..

3.14 is the lower parking lot where forrest parked. Remember, Forrest said there were two way to get there, the upper parking lot is inline with the put in per the poem. Forrest was too old to navigate the hill so he used the lower parking lot, much easier level walk, 3/4 mile one direction.
                    Last edited by Livinlifebig; 08-03-2022, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Nice video. I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful the clouds in Santa Fe were. I think somebody was pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

You may end up starting in pole position...
                        I'm tired up, oiled up, and ready to roll! Now I just have to get gas and find that Start/Fennish line....

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

"People like me that want it to be Nine Mile Hole.". That says it all.

The lingering doubt about why Forrest would offer up such a crappy, mundane solution to his 15 year poem must bother the Nine Mile Holers at a deep subconscious level.
                          Did you donate the $1,000 yet?

Comment

Working...
                          X