X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s really getting old

Hearing the same old thing around here.
    “That’s my story and I’m sticking to It”
    we have numerous discrepancies that become more blatant as time slows to a snails marathon pace. It all must be pre planned so that Forrest can hit the 3000 mark.
    I really don’t understand all of the so called Chaser’s still defending Forrest. It is obvious all the stories are full of holes and some just seem to be a big black hole where a Chaser’s mind enters never to return. I think Joe Biden must have secretly been in competition with Hitler during the chase.
    For those of us left with what little bit of brain power we have left, please do not insult my intelligence by trying to get me to believe the garbage that the chase has evolved to.
    Perhaps if we all form a group and name it dimwits anonymous we can focus what little bit of brain power left to retire from the chase with some level of sanity that doesn’t require a person to be on constant medication

Poetry will straighten it all up I’m certain
    When can we expect the book

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
      we have numerous discrepancies that become more blatant as time slows to a snails marathon pace. It all must be pre planned so that Forrest can hit the 3000 mark.
      I really don’t understand all of the so called Chaser’s still defending Forrest. It is obvious all the stories are full of holes and some just seem to be a big black hole where a Chaser’s mind enters never to return. I think Joe Biden must have secretly been in competition with Hitler during the chase.
      For those of us left with what little bit of brain power we have left, please do not insult my intelligence by trying to get me to believe the garbage that the chase has evolved to.
      Perhaps if we all form a group and name it dimwits anonymous we can focus what little bit of brain power left to retire from the chase with some level of sanity that doesn’t require a person to be on constant medication
      I'm about to make a thread response to some of this. I'm making it a thread because it was orginally a response but turned into a post because I ramble and your choice of particular words caught my attention.
      Last edited by Willy'sNorthWesternPeaNut; 08-01-2022, 10:08 PM.
      Ω╰⋃╯Ω

Comment

What makes it sad is there are a few that know the truth and the real location. They know who solved the poem and when. Yet, will not even give a like to a post they know is true.

Some have made up their minds, that they will make others suffer as they did, or do not want to give credit to the person who did what they could not.

Even to the point they have convinced themselves of the timeline that fits their need to stay silent. This all goes on, as Forrest, the solver, and all the people who just want to know, watch the chase turn into, the con man from Santa Fe lied and cheated as some guy named Jack found slip ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
          What makes it sad is there are a few that know the truth and the real location. They know who solved the poem and when. Yet, will not even give a like to a post they know is true.

Some have made up their minds, that they will make others suffer as they did, or do not want to give credit to the person who did what they could not.

Even to the point they have convinced themselves of the timeline that fits their need to stay silent. This all goes on, as Forrest, the solver, and all the people who just want to know, watch the chase turn into, the con man from Santa Fe lied and cheated as some guy named Jack found slip ups.
          Hear, hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

I don’t think that’s fair to say. I think if anyone had any solid proof they could share they would. It’s been a long time and I think we aren’t getting answers because no one knows anything for sure. All IMO FWIW. But I do think we’d get answers if anyone thought they could help

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

I don’t think that’s fair to say. I think if anyone had any solid proof they could share they would. It’s been a long time and I think we aren’t getting answers because no one knows anything for sure. All IMO FWIW. But I do think we’d get answers if anyone thought they could help
              Anyone? There’s noone

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

I completely agree with you. If anyone did have the answers and attempted to share, they would be just another of the hundreds who have come forth claiming said knowledge. What could possibly make other searchers believe them any more than they have their predecessors? Other searchers would require an insurmountable amount of "proof" and/or they would simply check out because it does not validate their own solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post

I completely agree with you. If anyone did have the answers and attempted to share, they would be just another of the hundreds who have come forth claiming said knowledge. What could possibly make other searchers believe them any more than they have their predecessors? Other searchers would require an insurmountable amount of "proof" and/or they would simply check out because it does not validate their own solutions.
                  Yes to all of the above. And I hate to admit that I may have already heard the answers and ignored them but it’s entirely possible. I don’t know

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge
                    If anyone does not think the solver could figure out the who, what, when where, and how as well. You have another thing coming.
                    I guess I having another thing coming

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot
                      Solid proof can only be defined by possession of the trove. The location/possession of the trove seems to be quite a mystery these days.
                      So even if someone presented a very impressive solve, guess what?
                      Without the trove to also display, the claimant will be scoffed at by people. Or at least they will be very skeptical. And with good reason, I might add.
                      Only holding the trove gives one the power to understand? How on earth would anyone be able to go find it if they didn’t solve it first? The poem is like a crossword puzzle. Do you have to own the entire newspaper to solve a puzzle? No, as the puzzle fits precisely together you have proof of your responses. Solid proof? Well, as solid as can be. Forrest left multiple confirmatory hints in the poem to solidify his meaning of the words.

Anagrams
                      letter patterns
                      math patterns
                      Morse code
                      Hwy numbers
                      GPS coordinates …and more.

I wrote a book all about it.
                      The very shape of the (acrostic poem) is meant to evoke a cross. TTOTC and the poem lead to a spot in Cruces Basin…..

www.FennPoint.com
                      Last edited by FennPoint; 08-03-2022, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I don’t know, Sarah, but there’s something about you that makes me want to climb in there with a flashlight and gloves. You wanna go along?

Comment

https://www.paulekman.com/blog/why-people-lie/

"People resort to lying for so many different reasons that it’d be impossible to list them all. However, of the most common motives for telling lies, avoiding punishment is the primary motivator for both children and adults. Other typical reasons include protecting ourselves or others from harm, maintaining privacy, and avoiding embarrassment, to name a few."

Forrest once wrote an article centered around telling a white lie about the appearance of a mother's newborn baby - to safeguard her feelings and self-esteem and, perhaps, to avoid embarrassment. I don't know how much FF lied. Perhaps much of the time he simply avoided telling the whole truth and we filled in the blanks ourselves - often erroneously. One of his stories was about appearing in court as a witness and how he made use of the fact that no one actually wanted to listen to the "whole truth." I think there's something useful to be gathered from these stories.

Forrest doesn't need defending. I think the chase was too important to him to worry about hurt pride or a few bruised egos - or even his own personal legacy. I very much doubt that whatever lies or half-truths were employed in the course of the chase did not have purpose to them. It might behoove us to concentrate more on the reasons why there are "numerous discrepancies." To me the word "harm" has resonance (and I haven't even bothered to look it up in the dictionary - sorry Old Pilot!).

Comment

Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post

I don’t know, Sarah, but there’s something about you that makes me want to climb in there with a flashlight and gloves. You wanna go along?
                            No thanks I believe this part was spossed to be an individual effort

Comment

No thanks I believe this part was spossed to be an individual effort
                              Oh darn! I could leave you in the car? Maybe you’d get whisled at. Count the cars…

Comment

Working...
                              X