Integrity Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrity Check

If you figured out where Forrest Fenn wanted to Die but didn’t solve his poem would you go steal his treasure chest known as Indulgence?

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post
    If you figured out where Forrest Fenn wanted to Die but didn’t solve his poem would you go steal his treasure chest known as Indulgence?
    I absolutely would have gone and earned the treasure chest. It's not stealing if you find the chest. It was never stealing the chest since he placed it for anyone to find and keep. And the hunt was a hunt for a treasure and there were no requirements that one must solve all the clues or they couldn't have the treasure, so skipping clues and not knowing clues should not even matter to anyone.

Comment

That’s a pretty loaded question IMO. I think if you figured it out it’s fair game, but on the other hand I’d feel like if you didn’t earn it by solving the poem the way it was intended then I’d probably leave the chest be and not interfere with the game Forrest laid out. Earning it by solving it is important to me, so he’d definitely gets last say I guess
      Last edited by lowkey; 07-24-2022, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Ya I guess maybe so so

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBeer88W

I agree Sarah Seedling question was pretty loaded. I'm curious as to why she asked it now and under the heading "integrity check"? After some of my personal experiences with respect to the Chase, I wonder about others' integrity. Seems to me there's alot of the pot calling the kettle black in this community.

If a person found the chest and picked it up, how would they know if they solved the poem the way it was intended? Seems to me, if they found it, that would confirm they at least did something right. We are now two years post-find-announcement and dozens of people have submitted "solves" to be hacked apart by the community. Forrest is dead and gone. WHO is supposed to be the arbiter of correctness at this point?
          Are you saying that true confirmation at this point is no longer a possibility?

Comment

I’m taking it home putting it under my bed for 30 minutes and then start selling piece by piece. I’d leave a Dr Pepper with him tho

Comment

"Nothing makes us so lonely as our secrets." Paul Tournier
              “Never hide things from hardcore thinkers. They get more aggravated, more provoked by confusion than the most painful truths.” Criss Jami
              “Secrets, silent, stony sit in the dark palaces of both our hearts: secrets weary of their tyranny: tyrants willing to be dethroned.” James Joyce
              Second quote is spot on.

Comment

I think, if you read my post again, you'll see I asked: WHO can provide confirmation at this point? A followup to that question would be: If there is a WHO to serve as the arbiter of correctness of "solves" then WHEN will that happen? As I wrote above, we are two years post-find-announcement and I, for one, am aching to be free of The Chase and its hold on me. I NEED TO BE FREE OF IT! I intend to be, one way or another.
                Edit: If someone has a sure-fire way of getting The Chase and all the negative effects out of one's system, please, please, please PM me with advice.
                Did you ever think that the real solution can only be seen with open minds. I think many people think they are smarter than they really are. Most people do not have the ability to think like Forrest Fenn. The truth is for anyone who took the time to understand, if they have that ability, would see the solution as self-evident. But group think has decided what a solution should look like, and it turned out to be wrong. People just can't grasp the road Forrest put in front of them. We have all these people who log on knowing they solved the poem. They don't even look at another solve. If you told them this is the solve Forrest said so, they would not care. Even Jack could not figure out the solution after he "found the chest" But the place the chest was if anyone took the time to look confirms itself. Forrest reached out about six weeks before he passed to make sure the person who solved it knew. But everyone wants to play Packer Jack and talk nine mile. The place that was meant to keep everyone away. It shows how people will follow what they perceive as authority, no matter how stupid it is. The people who claimed f was so smart now treat him as some dumb hick salesmen who lied because Jack wanted a tax shelter. You want to know why it took so long to solve group think.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly
                  If you grid searched and found it after 25 days I suppose you earned it and solved most of it
                  I mostly agree buddy, but I’d consider it a big difference between grid searching after solving the poem and grid searching after a so called slip up I guess

Comment

Originally posted by mountain digger

"...Die..." ?
                    The solver lies in wait?

Are your talking NOW? No one in their right mind would want to backdoor f's poem. Best not believe f isn't watching.
                    I guess I will pay you no never mind

Comment

Originally posted by mountain digger

"...Die..." ?
                      The solver lies in wait?

Are your talking NOW? No one in their right mind would want to backdoor f's poem. Best not believe f isn't watching.
                      The spirit of Forrest Fenn is watching all of us.

Comment

I agree Sarah Seedling question was pretty loaded. I'm curious as to why she asked it now and under the heading "integrity check"? After some of my personal experiences with respect to the Chase, I wonder about others' integrity. Seems to me there's alot of the pot calling the kettle black in this community.

If a person found the chest and picked it up, how would they know if they solved the poem the way it was intended? Seems to me, if they found it, that would confirm they at least did something right. We are now two years post-find-announcement and dozens of people have submitted "solves" to be hacked apart by the community. Forrest is dead and gone. WHO is supposed to be the arbiter of correctness at this point?
                        Who is supposed to be the arbiter is a good question. I suppose it would be anyone that knows something for fact. The rest of us are grasping at straws and we’re the blind leading the blind perhaps

Comment

You're sounding like a sore loser with every post.
                          If Forrest really wanted someone to only use the poem to find the chest he would have shut the hell up.
                          But, he didn't. He talked, he talked, he gave out hints, he talked, he helped certain searchers, he talked some more.
                          Is it cheating if you ask the teacher a question and they agree to walk over and guide you through the test question???

I don't read replies or quotes. Don't bother as neither do I.

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post
                            That’s a pretty loaded question IMO. I think if you figured it out it’s fair game, but on the other hand I’d feel like if you didn’t earn it by solving the poem the way it was intended then I’d probably leave the chest be and not interfere with the game Forrest laid out. Earning it by solving it is important to me, so he’d definitely gets last say I guess
                            It may be true that stumbling upon Indulgence and making it yours could technically not be considered stealing but what about the 2990 years of history that never happened?

Comment

Kinda sounds like you're teaming up with that WillyPeaNut person who wants a hand-in to give a hand-up.
                              If you're asking whether someone would hire a prop shop to make a replica...
                              Pretty sure if you try to steal Lightning you find a static hammer named by Thor. (It's like the anti-theft 'club' for steering wheels, but better. The thoroughbred version fries keys, breaks stirrups, and prosecutes for grave digging. Shrug. Don't wanna repeatedly beat something so boring.)
                              The poem unsolved is a poem in the wind, affected but unafraid, and safe from incompetent, petty thieves. Standing with a fist somewhere maybe.
                              Indulgence? Dude, I haven't seen that lady for...well...it's been a goodly minute. Where do you 'spose she's hiding?
                              Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 07-25-2022, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X