He named it Brown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He named it Brown...

I know the poem regurgitates itself, but what if Forrest found something and nicknamed it Brown? Then anything we find that is actually named so is just a distraction?

It doesn't matter whether he did or he didn't, IMO, as you're not looking for something called "Brown."

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
      It doesn't matter whether he did or he didn't, IMO, as you're not looking for something called "Brown."
      In my solve, Brown is the name of a person.

Comment

I think it was his way (or maybe Eric's, I dabble in paint and noticed this long ago; till just now never looked up why they don't make black.) of saying blue is weak. Courtesy Wikipedia:

Brown colors are typically desaturated shades of reds, oranges, and yellows which are created on computer and television screens using the RGB color model and in printing with the CMYK color model. Browns can also be created by mixing two complementary colors from the RYB color model(combining all three primary colors). In theory, such combinations should produce black, but produce brown because most commercially available blue pigments tend to be comparatively weaker; the stronger red and yellow colors prevail, thus creating brown tones. Displayed here are some common brown shades.

Triads of power work when they're actually triads of power. When corporate assholes buy the Supreme Court, pass Citizen's United, buy the House and the Senate and the Presidency, then proceed to "divide and conquer" the nation on stupid shit like 'race relations' or 'birth control' as distractions amongst a 'Facebook and Fox News forever!!!!!!!!!!!You Guys!!!!!' Level of education......

while they systematically dismantle the smoldering embers of our constitution, and the nation it used to represent, castrating the EPA (you know those people that keep nuclear waste out of your drinking water?)....Ladies and Gentlemen- we are now ruled entirely by corporations. We are *Not* a Representative Democracy. We are No Longer 'For the People, By the People'... we are all now officially slaves of the corporations and their what, 100?? owners or "owner families".
        We paid assholes to enslave us.
        Enjoy dem freedom fries while you can still afford food.
        Last edited by Rose Livingstone; 07-24-2022, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post
          I think it was his way (or maybe Eric's, I dabble in paint and noticed this long ago; till just now never looked up why they don't make black.) of saying blue is weak. Courtesy Wikipedia:

Brown colors are typically desaturated shades of reds, oranges, and yellows which are created on computer and television screens using the RGB color model and in printing with the CMYK color model. Browns can also be created by mixing two complementary colors from the RYB color model(combining all three primary colors). In theory, such combinations should produce black, but produce brown because most commercially available blue pigments tend to be comparatively weaker; the stronger red and yellow colors prevail, thus creating brown tones. Displayed here are some common brown shades.

Triads of power work when they're actually triads of power. When corporate assholes buy the Supreme Court, pass Citizen's United, buy the House and the Senate and the Presidency, then proceed to "divide and conquer" the nation on stupid shit like 'race relations' or 'birth control' as distractions amongst a 'Facebook and Fox News forever!!!!!!!!!!!You Guys!!!!!' Level of education......

while they systematically dismantle the smoldering embers of our constitution, and the nation it used to represent, castrating the EPA (you know those people that keep nuclear waste out of your drinking water?)....Ladies and Gentlemen- we are now ruled entirely by corporations. We are *Not* a Representative Democracy. We are No Longer 'For the People, By the People'... we are all now officially slaves of the corporations and their what, 100?? owners or "owner families".
          You paint a pretty picture. Well, the rainbow part...

Comment

"Browns are typically desaturated shades of reds, oranges, and yellows...."
            And reds, oranges, and yellows are typically classified as warm colors. So yellow's tone would be warm.
            Waters can be rivers.
            Halt can mean falter or stumble. Stumble can mean fall.
            So "warm waters halt" might refer to yellow's tone river fall. Yellowstone Falls.
            And "take it in the canyon down" might then refer to Norris-Canyon Road.

Incidentally, an orris is an iris can be a rainbow, so Norris = N. Orris could mean rainbow.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

Well, you should have had plenty of choice then!

Comment

lol, this went a little dark fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot
                  This is always a possibility, and could make the poem practically unsolvable. This way, the treasure hunt could last indefinitely (for example, if Fenn named a certain boulder or mountain "Brown", and didn't tell anyone about it.)
                  In my opinion, this would be a lousy, rotten thing to do. I like to think that Fenn wouldn't have done this . . . but who knows?
                  And do you think he wanted it to remain unsolved, thus lasting indefinitely?

Its not out of the realms of possibility that a searcher/solver might happen upon the same, seeing through the eyes of Forrest, and imagine it to be worth calling Brown.
                  Last edited by Round Peg, Square Hole; 07-24-2022, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

and do you think he wanted it to remain unsolved, thus lasting indefinitely?
                    He said he was ambiguous about that, but he might have changed his mind as the number of bad things mounted.
                    I don't believe Forrest would have done that on moral grounds, but also simply because of the chance it gets discovered and makes his life's last work a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

He said he was ambiguous about that, but he might have changed his mind as the number of bad things mounted.
                      I don't believe Forrest would have done that on moral grounds, but also simply because of the chance it gets discovered and makes his life's last work a joke.
                      I suppose it would have to be reborn for it's everlasting life.

Comment

Rose, I feel your pain. There is yet hope.

Comment

Originally posted by RFISH

Brushing aside all political thoughts, you paint?
                          Is your Van Dyke Brown capitalized?
                          Sloanes favorite. Made from coal.
                          Would you consider a mountain where coal was mined a ‘home’ of Brown?
                          I don't think you need to know anything about mineral extraction or resource management. It's more of a word puzzle to me at that point in the poem. I think if you "take it in the canyon down" you'll find yourself pretty close to hoB.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

Yeah, mine too. But if you don't know where WWWH is, this HOB isn't going to do you much good. Hard to explain.

Not saying I know anything for sure, but that's how it works for my solve.

Comment

"Brown" is something he had high respect for....
                              ​​​​​​
                              ​(​​just my idea, of course, hats off to y'all if you have a better one).

Comment

Working...
                              X