No announcement yet.

I'm sure Forrest didn't mean to lie. But he was not always straight forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fenn said a lot of contradicting things. I'm not really butt hurt by his trickery. More bewildered by the so called spot. He said he was not trying deter or mislead people from finding it. NMH makes many of his statements false to his general audience. If it comes to light. That you needed to anagram the whole first stanza to figure out WWWh. And maybe others. How was a child or even a average redneck going to ever do that. Makes it seem like a kid would need to spend years on the couch with his smart phone and laptop. And I still don't know how you would get to Fenn rock from WWWH with only the poem. Something still seems/smells fishy. I'm looking forward to the part of the chase where i laugh after the truth is known..

Comment

Originally posted by pws111 View Post

I totally agree. Fenn even said there were no hints in the book about the specific location of the chest, or something to that effect. That rules out any named locations in TTOTC, incuding Nine Mile Hole.
      This is what I was referring to in another thread - that Forrest stated he hadn't referred to the hide location in TToTC. To me, that ruled out Yellowstone, NMH, Mummy Cave, etc. Very curious strategy on his part, if his intent was for someone to actually find his chest.

Comment

Originally posted by nmcc View Post

This is what I was referring to in another thread - that Forrest stated he hadn't referred to the hide location in TToTC. To me, that ruled out Yellowstone, NMH, Mummy Cave, etc. Very curious strategy on his part, if his intent was for someone to actually find his chest.
        i wish i could find that reference.

Comment

Originally posted by nmcc View Post

it can still be proved wrong by just saying he was there plenty of times and not just a couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post
            his quote about anagrams, riddles and ciphers was ambiguous. he said a dozen times decipher my poem or solve my riddle. the whole damn poem was a riddle. The comment was ambiguous and truly hold no merit. i understand that pisses people off because fenn somewhat tricked people with that statement but its not his fault no one listened. they took him for his word when he said decipher my poem in his book, they also took him for his word when he said solve my riddle. i agree Forrest was not a liar but he was ambiguous. it does seem they are using as much evidence as they can to point toward 9mh but its just not enough for me. people can be mad all they want. there is just too many holes in the story and inconsistencies.
            . . . And it only takes ONE hole to burst a bubble.
            So far, nobody has shown me ONE thing in the poem that supports a solve indicating a hidey spot within several miles of 9MH.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
              As of now. I have to accept NMH. I don't think the conspiracy that Jack was hired and planted a trail for over 2 years is reasonable. To me the path and clues presented do not lead you directly to the treasure. Even thou I have never been there. it is my perception from photos. It is not a isolated place. There are several ways to get to the treasure from different directions. . It is near a man made path. You do not see mountains and animals from far distances. It does not look like lush vegetation and tall a forested area at the spot. You could not get there in any weather. you could of used a snowmobile. It could be very dangerous crossing the river at the wrong tome of year. I would not bring my family through that river to help me search. especially a small child. I'm pretty sure a anagram was used to give Jack confidence that was the spot. A anagram does fall into what F said would not help. The blaze didn't even last 10 years let alone hundreds. I'm sure there our tons of others. I hate to sound like sour grapes. But people did disclose to Forrest they thought the spot was his favorite fishing hole. They thought Hob related to trout. And he said no one has ever told him the right idea and the one that where close didn't know why. Even WWWh being the Madison and Firehole does not seem relevant to being key. To me. If you have that you still have nothing. 10000's had the Madison.
              By what reasoning do you have to accept NMH?

Comment

I don't have to. But I'm leaning towards giving up on the truth. And shake my head in disbelief I got so involved in this. Like i'm being told I spent thousands of hours chasing a fish called Wanda. I mean Brown. [email protected]#K

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicMadman View Post
                  When you put it like that...Forrest either stretched the truth until it looked all twisted OR 9 mile hole is NOT correct.
                  Edit2: ...and I don't think Forrest lied, so....
                  Edit3: okay, maybe sometimes he stretched the truth OR was taking poetic license. A lie is in the EYE of the beholder AND God...

Edit: Jacks emails indicate that it is 9 mile hole. So either he is trying to mislead OR lying. I mean he is either misleading us or deceiving us...shoot. uh...
                  Letting yourself be influenced by the opinions/interpretations of others is not the best way to solve the poem. Most folks trying to solve the poem underestimated FF.
                  He hasn't shown to me that he was the most brilliant genius that ever walked the earth. But he was good at misleading folks (and didn't have to be very smart to be able to do that).
                  Here's an example of truth that could be misleading (next line):
                  I went to a jewelry store and bought twelve real motorcycles.

I'd like to see a screenshot of an e-mail from Jack Stuef, stating that he found the trove/chest/treasure within 5 miles of 9MH. He may fib/lie, but he's not a total idiot. As always, all part of my opinion.
                  Last edited by Old Pilot; 06-23-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadicMadman View Post
                    I am not against the Chest being found in Yellowstone...but my research leads me somewhere else. The EAST entrance has promise.
                    Do you think that the hidey spot was outside YNP but within a mile of its east entrance?

Comment

Originally posted by pws111 View Post

Fenn told a lot of people to look in a lot of places. Are we supposed to believe there are chests in all those places?

Fenn told Dal he was within 300 feet of the chest. There is no way Dal was within 300 feet of the rotting log.

He told the owner of chasechat.com ( I forget her name) to search the trees near Chama, NM. That is nowhere near Wyoming.

ON and ON... Fenn told people what they wanted to hear. He even said he did that. Your argument is meaningless.
                      Compared to the distance between Chama, NM and our sun, Chama is pretty close to Wyoming. By being vague, one can, while being truthful, mislead . . . if the audience isn't "on the ball".

Comment

I agree NMH doesn't seem to be all that. Even trying to force it with confirmation bias. It still has a lots of issues with what ff said. But I'm getting old and tired of this Tail/tale chase. So like many. Time ramble on

Comment

Fenn said a lot of contradicting things. I'm not really butt hurt by his trickery. More bewildered by the so called spot. He said he was not trying deter or mislead people from finding it. NMH makes many of his statements false to his general audience. If it comes to light. That you needed to anagram the whole first stanza to figure out WWWh. And maybe others. How was a child or even a average redneck going to ever do that. Makes it seem like a kid would need to spend years on the couch with his smart phone and laptop. And I still don't know how you would get to Fenn rock from WWWH with only the poem. Something still seems/smells fishy. I'm looking forward to the part of the chase where i laugh after the truth is known..
                          No anagramming is needed. No math is needed. But imagining you are flying over an area could help, as there are visual cues. Please remember that the elevation of the hidey spot is between 5,000 feet and 10,200 feet. OH!, and don't forget to look up "halt" if you haven't done this already. Being wrongly stubborn won't help solve the poem.

Comment

I don't have to. But I'm leaning towards giving up on the truth. And shake my head in disbelief I got so involved in this. Like i'm being told I spent thousands of hours chasing a fish called Wanda. I mean Brown. [email protected]#K
                            I'm also tired of it. Very.

Comment

With all these revelations of breaking news.... That really don't confirm anything. Why do you still want to keep your solve a secret? It's been over 2 years since Jack-aloped into the big picture. Once the chest is visually proven to be for sale. And you know the right answers to Why? What other quest is to be conquered?

Comment

It seems to me that people turned things Forrest said into things they wanted to hear. He never said an average person, a redneck or a child could solve it. He said that was the target for his book, and to show it to a child. It seems every time Forrest said something that is contradicting, it is hearsay. Forrest told Dal, and it says it in the email, there are NO clues in this email. But Dal did not like that part, so now we get to the hearsay, he was leaving and f told him once again he was within 100 yards of the treasure. It is clear that f was speaking of his mother as the treasure in that email. What part of NO CLUE did Dal not understand ? To this day, we keep hearing the story of f leaving and coming back before Peggy knew he was gone. It is on video that Peggy said she knew within two weeks of the time he hid it, not one day. But even in the last two days here on Thor people have f in Cody trying to figure out where could he make it to in a day, and get back without Peggy be aware.

Comment

Working...
                                X