300 miles west of toledo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300 miles west of toledo

Holy cow i was reading some old mail between Forrest and searchers and a guy had discovered an old town called Toledo in South Dakota. if you measure out exactly 300 miles it takes you to the big horns but the crazy part is you measure out more than 300 miles directly west and it takes you to the sunshine reservoir's and the Kirwin area!!!!

Funny, found a bottle there... Made in Toledo

Comment

Originally posted by Livinlifebig View Post
      Funny, found a bottle there... Made in Toledo
      thats cool. i think this toledo statement is quite funny actually measure it out yourself, its over 300 miles and directly west. Thats just like Forrest to say something and people think its silly when its really meaningful. i think its funny he said it multiple times during interviews instead of just saying it that one time in "Forrest gets mail" he wanted it to be heard. this is mind blowing to me though. more than 300 miles and directly west point right to the area. thats part of the rockies and matches his clues he has given.
      Last edited by Trailblazer99; 06-22-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

thats cool. i think this toledo statement is quite funny actually measure it out yourself, its over 300 miles and directly west. Thats just like Forrest to say something and people think its silly when its really meaningful. i think its funny he said it multiple times during interviews instead of just saying it that one time in "Forrest gets mail" he wanted it to be heard. this is mind blowing to me though. more than 300 miles and directly west point right to the area. thats part of the rockies and matches his clues he has given.
        HOLY COW !!!!
        Praise the "higher hand" and pass the tranquilizers !
        What are you going to do after you find the treasure?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

HOLY COW !!!!
          you didn't have to come here and be sarcastic.

Comment

I found a link to it and a map that you can zoom and pan.
            https://www.lat-long.com/dynamic-map...storical_.html

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              I found a link to it and a map that you can zoom and pan.
              https://www.lat-long.com/dynamic-map...storical_.html
              ya ya i got the same thing. measure directly west. more than 300 miles. it lined perfectly up with my search area it was over 300 miles. but it could also lead you to the bighorns. pretty damn crazy though to be honest. never even thought about looking into this until i was reading some old fenn gets mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

HOLY COW !!!!
                Haha, I know it's just one piece of the puzzle, maybe, but I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

ya ya i got the same thing. measure directly west. more than 300 miles. it lined perfectly up with my search area it was over 300 miles. but it could also lead you to the bighorns. pretty damn crazy though to be honest. never even thought about looking into this until i was reading some old fenn gets mail.
                  I always thought that the Kirwin area was interesting, after OH!!'s postings about it. But I could never finish a solve there.

Comment

The first time Forrest gave the “Toledo” statement, he told Margie Goldsmith on August 23, 2011 in an interview;
                    “Okay, I’ll tell you what I told a woman from Nevada who called and said she knew where the treasure was, but was incapacitated so would I please get it for her. I said, ‘Well, you tell me where it is, and I’ll bring it to you.’ The woman wanted an additional clue so I told her it’s more than 300 miles southwest of Toledo.”
                    Note that he said “SOUTHwest of Toledo”. I think he repeated this story with “southwest” a time or two before changing it to “west”. This was at the same time that Forrest seemed to discover that his treasure was hidden in the ROCKY mountains north of Santa Fe. It seemed to be his reaction to the sudden popularity of the Chase and his response to broaden the search area. TFTW was also released with the map of the expanded area.
                    Last edited by Yellerstain; 06-23-2022, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post
                      The first time Forrest gave the “Toledo” statement, he told Margie Goldsmith on August 23, 2011 in an interview;
                      “Okay, I’ll tell you what I told a woman from Nevada who called and said she knew where the treasure was, but was incapacitated so would I please get it for her. I said, ‘Well, you tell me where it is, and I’ll bring it to you.’ The woman wanted an additional clue so I told her it’s more than 300 miles southwest of Toledo.”
                      Note that he said “SOUTHwest of Toledo”. I think he repeated this story with “southwest” a time or two before changing it to “west”. This was at the same time that Forrest seemed to discover that his treasure was hidden in the ROCKY mountains north of Santa Fe. It seemed to be his reaction to the sudden popularity of the Chase and his response to broaden the search area. TFTW was also released with the map of the expanded area.
                      i think you are correct in saying that. he changed it to west. i mean its pretty much precisely west. i never knew about this. i think this is the reason why he never put the state in the comment.

Comment

Forrest said that he never expected his treasure hunt to generate anything more than local interest. He was concerned that no one would buy the 1000 copies of TTOTC he first printed. It seems obvious to me that for various reasons, his special place was in the mountains north of Santa Fe - in the state of New Mexico. After the first year or so he said that a couple people had solved the first couple clues and when the interest exploded, he needed to expand the search area which is what he did.
                        Logistics of an eighty year old man hiding a heavy chest and contents, hiking two round trips a total of less than a few miles, all in an afternoon and without the knowledge of his wife… seems to rule out a multi day trip out of state. Imagine staying at a motel overnight with that chest in the trunk of your car? Would you be comfortable doing that?
                        Every time I’ve tried to hide something from my wife it hasn’t gone well.
                        Common sense tells me that he hid the chest by himself on a day trip from his home, possibly under the guise of a day of fishing.
                        All in my opinion.
                        Last edited by Yellerstain; 06-23-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Forrest said that he never expected his treasure hunt to generate generate anything more than local interest. He was concerned that no one would buy the 1000 copies of TTOTC he first printed. It seems obvious to me that for various reasons, his special place was in the mountains north of Santa Fe - in the state of New Mexico. After the first year or so he said that a couple people had solved the first couple clues and when the interest exploded, he needed to expand the search area which is what he did.
                          Logistics of an Eighty year old man hiding a heavy chest and contents, hiking two round trips a total of less than a few miles, all in an afternoon and without the knowledge of his wife… seems to rule out a multi day trip out of state. Imagine staying at a motel overnight with that chest in the trunk of your car? Would you be comfortable doing that?
                          Every time I’ve tried to hide something from my wife it hasn’t gone well.
                          Common sense tells me that he hid the chest by himself on a day trip from his home, possibly under the guise of a day of fishing.
                          All in my opinion.
                          i somewhat i agree with you. imo the box of gold was never truly out there. but there was a treasure at the end of his solve. people were close which is why we have the panic ending.

Comment

Working...
                          X