Fenn's slip-ups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post

The irony is apparently lost on you. Of course a cowboy wouldn't get off his horse to punch a little kid for saying Hi. Forrest is hinting that we should pay attention. To what? Not making an alligator mad? Ummm .... no. The second part, something something or another.
    You're so belligerent. Do you have another speed or does the anonymity of a chat forum embolden you? Trust me, anything from you I make it a point to be lost on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon View Post

You're so belligerent. Do you have another speed or does the anonymity of a chat forum embolden you? Trust me, anything from you I make it a point to be lost on me.
      Oops meant to quote Old Pilot and the tone is completely appropriate given the way he/she converses. As for you being lost, I don't think it's due to any particular effort on your part.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot

What is the "second part"?
        "cross the river"

Comment

Green olives are actually unripe, immature olives.
          Peace......

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post
            Green olives are actually unripe, immature olives.
            Peace......
            I think it a bit bland if grade school bully insulted young Fenn with a "you're immature" via waving "unripe" olives in his face ...

Comment

The young immature Teaser probably had no idea that the best part of a Martini, in many cases, is a single olive.

Comment

Originally posted by ravenhome777 View Post
                I remember watching some interview with FF. The interviewees seemed like college students making a documentary for extra credit or something. They were slapping their hands together in front of FF's face and stuff. But, in the video, those d*mb a** college students (or whoever they were) told FF to say certain things to make the documentary more interesting. One of the things they told him to say is there was something that I said that I didn't want to, or something like that. They say Forrest, can you say "bla bla bla" and FF does it. Just for a clip to spice things up, and F*CK with searchers.

That video makes me angry because those d*mb a** college students just rehashed every single question that FF had already answered, they had zero original thought, and they wasted FF's time. FF even says, I don't think I'm giving you much.

If I had an opportunity of an HOUR to spend with FF, I would have taken the time to ask some thought provoking questions. What an opportunity they squandered.
                And what if I told you they lied to Forrest about the "extra" credit and only said it to convince him to be interviewed.
                What if I told you they were just college students who were searchers looking for an edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot

What do you think Fenn was trying to tell us in that detailed story about the olives in their jar?
                  For me it was a reference to (John Charles) Fremont. Next question is how to use Fremont as part of a clue in the poem.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

For me it was a reference to (John Charles) Fremont. Next question is how to use Fremont as part of a clue in the poem.

For you, maybe, but the hiding spot is "for Forrest". What makes you think Fremont is a hint, among the possibly 10's of thousands of similarly-reasoned things in TToTC??? What is so clever about that? What is the thinking challenge there? What does John C. Frémont have to do with olives?!?

Why not look for strange things that make you wonder, that somehow might be connected to the poem abstractly or directly, things that weave their way inexplicably through the memoir and seem to be out of place?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post

For you, maybe, but the hiding spot is "for Forrest". What makes you think Fremont is a hint, among the possibly 10's of thousands of similarly-reasoned things in TToTC??? What is so clever about that? What is the thinking challenge there? What does John C. Frémont have to do with olives?!?

Why not look for strange things that make you wonder, that somehow might be connected to the poem abstractly or directly, things that weave their way inexplicably through the memoir and seem to be out of place?
                      You should better document yourself. The city of Fremont (CA) is famous for his olives. It were Nuns that filled the jars with olives. They probably had the time to put the olives one after one in the jar. . And as you know the first names of Fremont were John Charles.
                      So I think it was intended by Forrest as a hint to the hiding spot area.
                      And in Wyoming we have a Fremont county and the Fremont monument.

Comment

Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

You should better document yourself. The city of Fremont (CA) is famous for his olives. It were Nuns that filled the jars with olives. They probably had the time to put the olives one after one in the jar. . And as you know the first names of Fremont were John Charles.
                        So I think it was intended by Forrest as a hint to the hiding spot area.
                        And in Wyoming we have a Fremont county and the Fremont monument.
                        I live in San Jose about 20 miles from Fremont. No, the city of Fremont is not AT ALL (as in 0.00%) "famous" for its olives. There is a very old grove at Mission San Jose (located in Fremont). It was ignored for a long time but a few years ago the nuns started to pick the olives TO MAKE OLIVE OIL. Then they came up with an annual "Olive Festival". I've been to a couple, actually very little to do with olives. That's it, your basis for a hint ...

Even if what you said were true, all you'd have is a dubious set of vague connections and coincidences. Nothing at all to indicate that the name of some kid, even if made up, has anything to do with a hint. Why would Forrest leave a hint about the COUNTY in which the chest was hidden???

Comment

Hey,
                          What if Forrest's hint about John Charles whatever is about Russian olives? See link to highlighted text from Esquire Magazine....

Forrest Fenn hid a chest containing gold, jewels and antiquities somewhere in the Rocky Mountains. His aim? To get people back into the wilderness

Comment

Working...
                          X