Do we truly believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we truly believe?

That Forrest Fenn never documented the solve? Never wrote it down anywhere? Never recorded it? We’re talking about a guy that wrote about his missions in great detail. A guy who blogged about his life, wrote books, did interviews. There is no way he didn’t document the story someplace. I just find that hard to believe. I believe this is the project he said he was working on in his last interview. Question is was the project finished? Was it handed down to someone who could finish it like he had originally planned? Or was it scrapped. And swept under the carpet?

June 6th is the deadline for me, if something is not done by then, something will be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
      June 6th is the deadline for me, if something is not done by then, something will be done.
      Who knows man. Forrest is a trickster with his words. He said he was working on a project that could have meant his death but other than that there is no way around that. He said what he said. I’m beginning to think it was all just swept under the carpet. Losing faith for sure but at the same time I get it because of the lawsuits but the hole is too deep now.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if he never made a record of the solve. How else could he ensure it never got into the hands of someone it wasn't supposed to. I also wouldn't be surprised if the olive jar contained annotated versions of his stories explaining everything. That is my best hope for answers at this point. Let's hope the eventual buyer shares.

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post
          It wouldn't surprise me if he never made a record of the solve. How else could he ensure it never got into the hands of someone it wasn't supposed to. I also wouldn't be surprised if the olive jar contained annotated versions of his stories explaining everything. That is my best hope for answers at this point. Let's hope the eventual buyer shares.
          You would think. If it’s really jacks why hasn’t it sold yet? And where is the place that fenn wanted it to go to?

Comment

What if he destroyed all the evidence after it was solved, so it might never escape?

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
              Looking forward to your endeavor.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
                What if he destroyed all the evidence after it was solved, so it might never escape?
                I could see it being swept under the carpet.

Comment

Trailblazer99 I shared your logic throughout the years when I considered it as his gift of adventure and discovery to a searcher in the future. I think that's one of the ideas he promoted and the one most of us latched on to. I thought Fenn would be proud to one day reveal the details of the solution, maybe left for the finder in the olive jar.

But recent findings make me reconsider those ideas, and how I got it wrong. If it is true that it is no more than a flowery description of Nine Mile Hole and a path to a spot among forest debris in the nearby woods, then I can understand that he never wrote down the solve.

A telling example might be "Put in below the Home of Brown". If that really did mean to cross the Madison downstream of Nine Mile Hole, the fishing hole that held nostalgic meaning to him because of a childhood fish named Mr. Brown, then I can see why he would not explain it. It would explain itself by the location.

Maybe it's still possible he left behind a solution for legal or safety reasons as rumored.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post

He can’t. His books and poem reveal the answers.

FP

Comment

Originally posted by bartleby View Post
                      Trailblazer99 I shared your logic throughout the years when I considered it as his gift of adventure and discovery to a searcher in the future. I think that's one of the ideas he promoted and the one most of us latched on to. I thought Fenn would be proud to one day reveal the details of the solution, maybe left for the finder in the olive jar.

But recent findings make me reconsider those ideas, and how I got it wrong. If it is true that it is no more than a flowery description of Nine Mile Hole and a path to a spot among forest debris in the nearby woods, then I can understand that he never wrote down the solve.

A telling example might be "Put in below the Home of Brown". If that really did mean to cross the Madison downstream of Nine Mile Hole, the fishing hole that held nostalgic meaning to him because of a childhood fish named Mr. Brown, then I can see why he would not explain it. It would explain itself by the location.

Maybe it's still possible he left behind a solution for legal or safety reasons as rumored.
                      Anything is possible but I’m not buying this solve with a fish named brown in it. My solve has a lot of imagination but that’s just crazy. How would anyone ever know that? I highly doubt Forrest spent 15 years on the poem to create a dumb solve like the NMH one. I mean seriously that’s just disrespectful to fenn practically calling him dumb. I think it’s much more complex and imaginative. But I truly don’t know if we will ever have confirmation of the solve from Forrest Fenn. If we don’t then I would at least like to know what that last project he was working on is.

Comment

Originally posted by mountain digger

NOPE. NOPE. NOPE.

I don't understand why anyone who thinks otherwise is still here. He took the solution with him and it will remain with him until someone, someday, someway comes forward with ...
                        Your statement is a little confusing because to be honest with you that’s the only reason everyone is on this forum. Looking and praying for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post
                          That Forrest Fenn never documented the solve? Never wrote it down anywhere? Never recorded it? We’re talking about a guy that wrote about his missions in great detail. A guy who blogged about his life, wrote books, did interviews. There is no way he didn’t document the story someplace. I just find that hard to believe. I believe this is the project he said he was working on in his last interview. Question is was the project finished? Was it handed down to someone who could finish it like he had originally planned? Or was it scrapped. And swept under the carpet?
                          I could easily believe that Forrest never documented the solve . . . because he didn't need to. The solve, although not easy, doesn't require much memory to tell it, as it is straightforward and not very complicated. But it has great significance to Forrest, in a spiritual kind of way. As always, all part of my oPInion.
                          Last edited by Old Pilot; 05-22-2022, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post
                            seriously that’s just disrespectful to fenn practically calling him dumb.
                            If I assume he was not dumb but also that the NMH was the leading candidate, I'd say it was just a more sentimental solve than expected.

His writing, like TTOTC strikes me as heavily sentimental. And another story that he spent many years on was My War For Me. It was not only highly sentimental but it gave human traits to non-human things. More people have probably named fish than have made a promise to a waterfall or said "The ground knows and the tall grass knows, but they won’t tell." and "The grass sees and the trees and rushing waters of the spring creek also see."

To me it's worth considering that he referred to a special fish with the unimaginative name Brown for an intelligent reason. For those who didn't know or care about fishes he named, home of Brown could have a dual meaning, home of brown trout. And the capitalization could serve as an insider nod to his old friend Mr. Brown.

...just an idea that I don't think is disrespectful or means Fenn was dumb if NMH turns out correct.

Comment

Originally posted by bartleby View Post

If I assume he was not dumb but also that the NMH was the leading candidate, I'd say it was just a more sentimental solve than expected.

His writing, like TTOTC strikes me as heavily sentimental. And another story that he spent many years on was My War For Me. It was not only highly sentimental but it gave human traits to non-human things. More people have probably named fish than have made a promise to a waterfall or said "The ground knows and the tall grass knows, but they won’t tell." and "The grass sees and the trees and rushing waters of the spring creek also see."

To me it's worth considering that he referred to a special fish with the unimaginative name Brown for an intelligent reason. For those who didn't know or care about fishes he named, home of Brown could have a dual meaning, home of brown trout. And the capitalization could serve as an insider nod to his old friend Mr. Brown.

...just an idea that I don't think is disrespectful or means Fenn was dumb if NMH turns out correct.
                              thats impossible to find. literally impossible unless he spoke on this in the past. and my war for me was very sentimental a change of direction in his life. its the most important chapter in any of his books imo. he said if you dont read the book at least read my war for me. ive found a lot of connections in that chapter.

Comment

Working...
                              X