Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"...you start by getting in your car and driving to the first clue".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...you start by getting in your car and driving to the first clue".

What a great idea, so I drove to the shop, bought the book, which contained the first clue and...Wait a minute, no-one asked him how we arrive at the answer to the first clue! Darn!!!

Although the hidey "spot" is in the Rocky Mountains, and the poem eventually leads us there, Forrest never told us the answers to all the clues are to be found in any of the four states.

What if the search area is much bigger than the Rockies...???

Originally posted by BigOnus View Post
    What a great idea, so I drove to the shop, bought the book, which contained the first clue and...Wait a minute, no-one asked him how we arrive at the answer to the first clue! Darn!!!

Although the hidey "spot" is in the Rocky Mountains, and the poem eventually leads us there, Forrest never told us the answers to all the clues are to be found in any of the four states.

Yes, but you can still name a brown trout "Brown".

Comment

Yep, you can see the first clue from the car, don't even have to get out..

Gibbon Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Livinlifebig View Post

Yep, you can see the first clue from the car, don't even have to get out..

Gibbon Hill.
        I see, butt is that just guesswork?

Comment

What if the search area is the whole western society which then leads you to a precise location but only after figuring the poem out once in a much more vast area.

Comment

Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post
            What if the search area is the whole western society which then leads you to a precise location but only after figuring the poem out once in a much more vast area.
            Why limit it geographically and not also open it up temporally? Maybe we get in our sedan and visit the ice age or some age before warm-blooded mammals?
            It could mean anything really; I'm trying to think of everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

Why limit it geographically and not also open it up temporally? Maybe we get in our sedan and visit the ice age or some age before warm-blooded mammals?
              I’ve seen the similarity’s that Briggs seen. Briggs was thrown all over history of the western society and things fenn adored the most and it was literally all over the Rocky Mountains. So many things he mentioned connect back. The man was a history buff for sure. He knew his history and literature. Damn near everything he said was borrowed. It was all in the back of his mind the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by Rose Livingstone View Post

Everything...

Comment

Or just “the mountains north of Santa Fe” and all we had is TTOTC?

Comment

Big -I believe you are correct. I just thought about this yesterday. The reason the girl from India could not get past the first 2 clues. Is because she only has a map of the US Rockies. That is how the question was presented. There would be no other reason besides that, that she would not be able to...He didn't realize Canada was not on the map was a major clue most overlooked. I am now thinking you need to start with a world map or North America. But he also contradicted himself by saying all clues refer to one spot. Sorry I don't have the exact quotes on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                      Big -I believe you are correct. I just thought about this yesterday. The reason the girl from India could not get past the first 2 clues. Is because she only has a map of the US Rockies. That is how the question was presented. There would be no other reason besides that, that she would not be able to...He didn't realize Canada was not on the map was a major clue most overlooked. I am now thinking you need to start with a world map or North America. But he also contradicted himself by saying all clues refer to one spot. Sorry I don't have the exact quotes on hand.
                      No, no , no .....You need to drive your land speeder to the bar on Tattoine. THATS the starting point . And don't forget to pick up your power converters from the Tachi station .....

Comment

Regardless of how you get there, you need to drive in style and go where the knarrative leads you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	piggyveh.png
Views:	146
Size:	611.1 KB
ID:	417898

Now there's something to whistle at, don't you think? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Chester Retriever

Pretty fly if you ask me
                          Them are some nice High Row Gliffs, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                            I cannot remember the quote, but was the question specific to the girl using Google Earth and the poem? So maybe unable to solve the third clue with only those tools?

Comment

Lmao, the first clue is the search state. No shit?! Get in your car and drive to wwwh. You can’t find the treasure if you don’t go to the state that it was hidden in, duh, that’s literally IMPOSSIBLE! That’s why he said “if you don’t have the first clue nailed down, you have nothing”.

What’s crazy is the hob is another state, but found inside of the search state. If you don’t know wwwh then hob wouldn’t make sense because it’s not in the Rockies.

it’s like if I started describing Paris, people would be like “those building don’t exist in Paris.” But the connection is in Paris, on one hand, the majority of people will think Paris, France, on the other is Paris, Texas. There’s even an Eiffel Tower there too. The point is,!things aren’t always as they seem, but they don’t need to be as long as you understand what is trying to be said.

The phantom knows, and now he’s here in spirit.

Last edited by Imeverybodynow; 05-22-2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X