This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not4but242Walk View Post

It seems you are starting to realize like most others, that there is something (everything) wrong with that nonsense solve, where hoB and NPFTM are the same thing (a river), heavy loads are boulders (not on any map), and threre's no blaze (or umm...maybe it's some lightning or something). It wasn't feasable to remove (yet it's missing) and he was sure it was still there (but it wasn't).
    The only affect of lightning besides the burning of the forrest, was the creation of WWWH.
    After the 1988 fires there was no vegetation in many locations, so when the monsoon rains came on 1989 there was nothing left to stop the mudslides..
    Especially in Gibbon Hill where a lone warm waters geyser was located close to the top of the giant Ant hill..
    A mudslide from torrential rains in 1989 covered the warm waters geyser and it halted.
    The same time Forrest was cleared of cancer and no longer needed Chemo therapy.

Warm Waters Halt.
    Last edited by Livinlifebig; 05-19-2022, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I like Vertigo's thread Everything But The Blaze -- Madison (Nine Mile Hole). It has an excellent explanation of where warm waters halt. The confluence of the Firehole and Gibbon rivers.

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
        I like Vertigo's thread Everything But The Blaze -- Madison (Nine Mile Hole). It has an excellent explanation of where warm waters halt. The confluence of the Firehole and Gibbon rivers.
        I know that Google Maps isn't the end all be all, but the way I see it, it's the confluence of the Firehole and Madison Rivers. The Gibbon merges with the Madison farther upstream.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldHunter View Post
          That little spot where the log sits must really be something. According to Jack...

"If I were to reveal where the treasure was, the natural wonder of [the] place that Forrest held so dear will be destroyed by people seeking treasure they hope I dropped on my way out or Forrest on his way in," Stuef wrote. "Getting to the wilderness location where the chest was is not dangerous in the conventional sense of the word, but it very quickly can be when people do not take basic precautions or go out in the wrong conditions. It is not an appropriate place to become a tourist attraction."

Link to full article... https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/94425...s-his-identity
          Can't blame none of this madness on Jack. It was created by all of us 2nd placers.

Comment

1) Rudy found the log and stump that matches the photos
            2) Rudy said the dirt was different/softer/looser where the chest had been
            3) Jack's OIL tree was 200 ft away shows he was searching there

Comment

Originally posted by Macahol View Post

I know that Google Maps isn't the end all be all, but the way I see it, it's the confluence of the Firehole and Madison Rivers. The Gibbon merges with the Madison farther upstream.
              Oh, so the Firehole and Gibbon rivers don't even come together. Well that's a solid clue, lol. Do you wonder why people might question the NMH solve.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Oh, so the Firehole and Gibbon rivers don't even come together. Well that's a solid clue, lol. Do you wonder why people might question the NMH solve.
                Seriously.... The Gibbon and Firehole both warm water creeks make the Madison. Thats where the Madison starts. Not halts,
                many people thank the Gibbon and Firehole join the Madison river... Nope both rivers make the Madison.. Many fish have died in the Madison due to the water temperature being too warm.
                Last edited by Livinlifebig; 05-19-2022, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Livinlifebig View Post

Seriously.... The Gibbon and Firehole both warm waters creeks make them Madison. Thats where the Madison starts. Not halts.
                  The Madison begins where the warm waters end.
                  Rudy Green[e]
                  "First to the Miracle Log"
                  whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

Comment

Originally posted by thehomeofBrown.com View Post

The Madison begins where the warm waters end.
                    No... The Madison starts to cool, but does not halt. Also, the Madison just started by name only and the river is still moving.... May want to consider this...
                    Dal took the picture for the cover of TFTW. Do you really believe Forrest would make this so obvious.... As cunning as he was? Sorry... That's Forrest only having fun with many people.
                    The Gibbon and Firehole end only by name, the warm waters of both continue to cool.

Look up the definition of halt.. Better yet here it is:

halt
                    noun
                    Definition of halt (Entry 2 of 4)

: STOP The car came to a halt. brought production to a halt
                    Last edited by Livinlifebig; 05-19-2022, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldHunter View Post
                      That little spot where the log sits must really be something. According to Jack...

"If I were to reveal where the treasure was, the natural wonder of [the] place that Forrest held so dear will be destroyed by people seeking treasure they hope I dropped on my way out or Forrest on his way in," Stuef wrote. "Getting to the wilderness location where the chest was is not dangerous in the conventional sense of the word, but it very quickly can be when people do not take basic precautions or go out in the wrong conditions. It is not an appropriate place to become a tourist attraction."

Link to full article... https://www.npr.org/2020/12/08/94425...s-his-identity
                      TheGoldHunter Yeah right! It can't be any more ruined than it already looks at present with nothing but downed trees everywhere that you have to pick your way through.
                      ​​​​​It shows me that Yellowstone Park foresters are not doing their job in looking after these areas, it looks a shambles. If people really believe that Forrest tramped his way through all of this carrying his treasure not once, but twice, are stark staring mad. What are they thinking of? It is the most ridiculous location to come up with, it is really laughable.

Comment

Do warm waters actually HALT at Madison junction? Technically you have 2 thermal waters coming together at a point, mixing together and forming a single river. This technically doesn't create a point of halt. The Madison continues to warm throughout the summer due to the the heating of the Firehole and Gibbon.
                        If I continually poured two individual cups of water into a funnel will the water come out cold?
                        I understand why people like the idea but I don't agree it works. .

Comment

Originally posted by rmx63 View Post
                          Do warm waters actually HALT at Madison junction? Technically you have 2 thermal waters coming together at a point, mixing together and forming a single river. This technically doesn't create a point of halt. The Madison continues to warm throughout the summer due to the the heating of the Firehole and Gibbon.
                          If I continually poured two individual cups of water into a funnel will the water come out cold?
                          I understand why people like the idea but I don't agree it works. .
                          "Imagination is more important than knowlege."
                          Rudy Green[e]
                          "First to the Miracle Log"
                          whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

Comment

But the poem says waters halt, the waters don't halt here river names do

Comment

Oh yeah, NMH takes a lot of imagination

Where's the slide Rudy? Where are the teachers with ropes?
                              where is the grave marker? Where is the clomp of a boot?
                              where is Olga's bathtub? Where is the sandstone pad?
                              Where is shadow man? Where is water high?

Waiting....

Last edited by Livinlifebig; 05-19-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

kpro I'm not very good at presenting things like you are Kpro, but I'll try to help a little:

The 9 mile hole thread sort of depicts an evolution of thought and debate with a lot of people throwing in good ideas. But the important stuff can probably be summarized by looking at Vertigo's posts. There is so much that can be talked about I don't know where to begin or end but-

Here are some highlights of some stuff on there-
                                #1-4 Vertigo gives his excellent initial solve
                                # 5 Rudy gives the first hand experience of being there and shows pictures
                                # 17 Time is spent trying to understand 9 mile, where it is and how it's laid out.
                                # 35 This post identifies where Rudy was. Fenn Rock is shown at 9 mile
                                # 43 Evidence for 9 Mile Hole as Forrest's place to die and his favorite fishing hole
                                #159 Vertigo gives his probable search area for the first time AND NAILS IT!! The guy is unbelievable. Picture shown
                                #206 Vertigo shows some great pics and talks about how the blaze can just be a tree (again, some Nostradamus type thinking)
                                So much stuff - it's too hard to decide, but-

MOST IMPORTANTLY:
                                If you are going to do a presentation - please first review Vertigo's OTHER thread that may have been just as important as the 9 mile hole solve thread. It's called: "It was a striking place with secrets".
                                Here is a link:
                                https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...est-schwiebert

This was some great research, and I feel that Jack may have happened upon this as well. Just a guess, but it sure made me a believer. The stuff in there from Schwiebert is important. (See post # 1 & 2)
                                Last edited by Must Listengood; 05-19-2022, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X