Great Lengths?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elperro

Then I hope it brings you joy. Stay safe looking for it.
    Thanks elperro. I have unfinished business. I hope Forrest kept his part of the bargain.

Comment

From Jack's Medium article:

"In a final act of selflessness, in what should have been his moment of redemption, he went to great lengths to protect my anonymity. Over the past decade, he and his family have suffered stalkers, break-ins, and a potential kidnapping (just to name the things that have been publicized) from misguided searchers. I told him I didn’t want to be looking over my shoulder for people like that for the rest of my life, and he was completely understanding. Forrest went out of his way to protect me, a person he had never met before, even though in some ways it undermined the legitimacy of this hunt in some people’s minds.

My family and I will be eternally grateful. It’s incredibly generous to leave a chest full of gold out in the wilderness for someone to find. It’s a whole other thing to set aside one’s driving desire for a legacy in order to protect that stranger. Selflessness is the only way to describe it."

The last 2 sentences were highlighted green shortly after the article posted, as if to differentiate them from the rest of the text that I pasted. These are the protection/anonymity comments. It's all about Jack(me, I, my, etc.) until the last 2 sentences where Jack mentions "someone" and "that stranger". He even omitted highlighting the first sentence of that paragraph about his family. So - Did Forrest go to great lenghts to protect the solve? Yes. Especially if the 9 mile hole stuff is a diversion. Did he go to great lenghts to protect Jack? No, except for the Yellowstone ruse, if indeed it is a ruse, because Jack's real sove would still be protected. Did he go to great lenghts to protect the true solver, if there is such a person who is not named Jack Stuef? Yes, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Fennway View Post
        It’s incredibly generous to leave a chest full of gold out in the wilderness for someone to find. It’s a whole other thing to set aside one’s driving desire for a legacy in order to protect that stranger. Selflessness is the only way to describe it."
        Right! These two highlighted sentences were addressed to the solver. For this person to give up the legacy. I really want to see the original article that was sent "by mistake". Forrest said that the legacy of the chase is in the hands of the finder.
        Last edited by fflegacy; 05-20-2022, 06:05 AM.
        https://themillionsecret.com

Comment

Originally posted by fflegacy View Post

Right! These two highlighted sentences were addressed to the solver. For this person to give up the legacy. And if Forrest wrote this article, then his family wrote these proposals.
          WHAT IS THE LINK YOU KEEP POSTING THAT TAKES A PERSON TO A RUSSIAN WEBSITE? PLEASE STOP POSTING THAT LINK. ARE YOU TRYING TO GAIN ACCESS TO PEOPLES COMPUTERS OR SOMETHING NEFARIOUS? LOOKS THAT WAY TO ME.

Sorry to derail the thread, I just keep seeing this link being posted and it leads to a site that is very very suspect and reeks of a hacker. Rudy, is this you doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by listengood View Post

WHAT IS THE LINK YOU KEEP POSTING THAT TAKES A PERSON TO A RUSSIAN WEBSITE? PLEASE STOP POSTING THAT LINK. ARE YOU TRYING TO GAIN ACCESS TO PEOPLES COMPUTERS OR SOMETHING NEFARIOUS? LOOKS THAT WAY TO ME.

Sorry to derail the thread, I just keep seeing this link being posted and it leads to a site that is very very suspect and reeks of a hacker. Rudy, is this you doing this?
            Please calm down. This is my site, it's just not ready yet, so hosting is disabled. And yes, I'm from Russia.
            https://themillionsecret.com

Comment

Working...
            X