X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/puwoUKhZQbg

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
      There is a smaller log UNDER the big-check log in Jack's photo. That log is NOT present at Rudy's location. So at least three major things don't jive: a big check that magically closes when it gets wet, a log that has disappeared after two years, and a sun that impossibly shines from the northern side of the chest in Jack's photo if it's the same log as at Rudy's spot.
      I don't know what you're talking about with the disappearing log, but regardless, I would point out that Jack clearly filled in the hole and could have moved a lot of things.

It's physics, not magic. The big "check" happens because the wood spirals longitudinally and when the log dries out, it opens like a Chinese finger trap. There is a crack in the log in the exact correct spot. It shows some of the same "jigs" in Rudy's pics. That's not a coincidence.

I don't get the sun shines from the North point. There's no evidence of that present as far as I can see. The two pics were definitely taken at different times of the year.

There's nothing there that disqualifies this log. And statistically, it's virtually impossible for this log to match like it does without it being the log. And it just happens to be in the area where Jack said he was looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post

I'd like to see the exact quote. Because what I distinctly remember him saying that BOTG would not be possible for those with handicaps, but they could still participate.
        Added a topic for this with some actual quotes. Others may add more.

Comment

It's time to give it up. This is the log and this is the place.
          Anyone who doubts the information provided are either: 1) Intentional naysayers with an agenda and should be banned or 2) Don't have the mental capability to see it and should be ignored.
          There is zero other possibilities.

Additional: I thought the log was flush to the ground in Jack's discovery photo too. Looking at the evidence and looking at the picture again it's clearly not. You can easily see items going underneath it.

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about with the disappearing log, but regardless, I would point out that Jack clearly filled in the hole and could have moved a lot of things.
            I posted the picture yesterday with a red arrow pointing to the now missing log. I concede that Jack could have removed that log, but I can"t imagine why anyone would do so as it wasn't required to get at the treasure chest.
            It's physics, not magic. The big "check" happens because the wood spirals longitudinally and when the log dries out, it opens like a Chinese finger trap. There is a crack in the log in the exact correct spot. It shows some of the same "jigs" in Rudy's pics. That's not a coincidence.
            Yes, it IS coincidence, and no -- there is no way that check closes even if you submerged that dried out log for a year.
            I don't get the sun shines from the North point. There's no evidence of that present as far as I can see.
            The shadows in Jack's picture clearly show the direction from which the sun was shining at the time of the picture. If Rudy's log is Jack's log, then that REQUIRES the sun to be within about 15 degrees of due north, which is impossible at any location north of the Tropic of Cancer and south of the Arctic Circle at any time of day, any day of the year. I get the feeling that log aficionados don't like to examine evidence that refutes their theory. This isn't a case of majority rules with the evidence -- all it takes is one contradiction to disprove a theory. That is how the scientific method works.

Comment

Maybe one day Rudy will write a book. He can title it Tied for Second Place. Thats what I keep telling myself the last 2 years.

Comment

As you can see, it varies. It's on the ground on the right (closer to where the chest was) and further off the ground on the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	View of log1.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	703.3 KB
ID:	415235

Name:	Position1 HL.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	384.1 KB
ID:	415236
                I don't have it handy, but take a look at the up close shot from Jack.

Comment

I don't know what you're talking about with the disappearing log...
                  This one:

Name:	Missing_log_underneath2.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	415278

Comment

This one:

Name:	Missing_log_underneath2.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	415278
                    Whaat? I can't see a log there.

Comment

This one:
                      Thanks for that, Zapster. My first thought on that is that it is bark that had fallen off the underside of the blaze tree. But again, we know Jack disturbed the sight and moved around all that dirt, so it doesn't surprise me that whatever that is is missing.

Comment

The shadows in Jack's picture clearly show the direction from which the sun was shining at the time of the picture. If Rudy's log is Jack's log, then that REQUIRES the sun to be within about 15 degrees of due north, which is impossible at any location north of the Tropic of Cancer and south of the Arctic Circle at any time of day, any day of the year. I get the feeling that log aficionados don't like to examine evidence that refutes their theory. This isn't a case of majority rules with the evidence -- all it takes is one contradiction to disprove a theory. That is how the scientific method works.
                        I looked at the thread that analyzed the shadow. I think the shadow is from the chest being tilted. There are way too many uncontrolled variables with these photos (time and perspective) for you to draw those type of "scientific" disqualifiers. It's not proof because you can't repeat the experiment and you don't have controlled variables. You are going to have to use a little common sense. There are too many dimensional matches for these logs to be different, and the circumstances of where it was found is simply further confirmation for me. It certainly meets the bar for me. I appreciate that you pointed these things out - that's great - but I think there are explanations for all of them.

Comment

I looked at the thread that analyzed the shadow. I think the shadow is from the chest being tilted. There are way too many uncontrolled variables with these photos (time and perspective) for you to draw those type of "scientific" disqualifiers. It's not proof because you can't repeat the experiment and you don't have controlled variables. You are going to have to use a little common sense. There are too many dimensional matches for these logs to be different, and the circumstances of where it was found is simply further confirmation for me. It certainly meets the bar for me. I appreciate that you pointed these things out - that's great - but I think there are explanations for all of them.
                          I guess the only question I have out of the hundreds of old dead timber down how many logs looked similar? Rudy is a smart guy. I wonder how many of those logs he could place to look similar to Jacks pic?

Comment

How will the fish ever survive people going to that area, the tree fish need protection you know lucky Yellowstone stepped in, come on people walk and chew gum, guess not.

Comment

Originally posted by In My Opinion View Post

I guess the only question I have out of the hundreds of old dead timber down how many logs looked similar? Rudy is a smart guy. I wonder how many of those logs he could place to look similar to Jacks pic?
                              You know, I have looked at all his videos and Cynthia's videos and looked frame by frame, and I couldn't find any that even came close. I think you should go there and try it. You'll see how unique they all are and how it's almost impossible for all of the things to match up as they have. You can get some that look "kind of" like that log (like Cynthia did in her video) but it's really easy to see they are not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by In My Opinion View Post

I closely examined more than a hundred stump/log combinations. None of the others were even a 5% match.
                                Rudy Green[e]
                                "First to the Miracle Log"
                                whereis.thehomeofBrown.com

Comment

Working...
                                X