Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS coordinates and lay out of 9MH spot

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GPS coordinates and lay out of 9MH spot

    From Cynthia on FB.
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

  • #2
    Cynthia is lovely, but she has the common sense of a toddler.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by kpro View Post
      From Cynthia on FB.
      So when Forrest said “ to look for the clues in my poem and try to marry them to a place on a map”, he meant to wait 2 years after the chest was supposedly retrieved for a person named Cynthia to draw what I assume is the only map in existence that details the home of a fish with the surname Brown? Got it! It all fits now. This is equally as amusing as the man we are now supposed to admire because he went to great lengths to find a piece of wood that bears little to no resemblance to a picture of another piece of wood. Oy vay.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kpro View Post
        From Cynthia on FB.
        The GPS coordinates do not jive with the poem, but who cares!?!? We have closure!!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          No Forrest said read all Jacks Redditt writings and then come in behind him since he won't say where he found it and try to steal his thunder by claiming you solved it yourself. LOL. Guess that means you brave and in the wood. LOL

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by In My Opinion View Post
            No Forrest said read all Jacks Redditt writings and then come in behind him since he won't say where he found it and try to steal his thunder by claiming you solved it yourself. LOL. Guess that means you brave and in the wood. LOL
            Forest suggested everyone to read Jack’s Reddit posts? Quote please.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by colokidd View Post
              Forest suggested everyone to read Jack’s Reddit posts? Quote please.
              I was being sarcastic. My point is Jack found it and everyone else is just piggy backing off his work and writings.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by In My Opinion View Post

                I was being sarcastic. My point is Jack found it and everyone else is just piggy backing off his work and writings.
                You are right about me. I am piggybacking off Jack, Vertigo, Rudy, and a couple dozen other posters on here. But you are wrong about Vertigo and mostly wrong about Rudy. And you are wrong about all the others that solved the poem to 9MH before Jack even showed up. Rudy is not claiming he solved this thing by himself or that he didn't have help from Jack, although he had it nailed well before Jack's Reddit. But Jack deserves all the credit for solving AND finding first. No doubt. I hope you can see what an accomplishment Rudy made though by finding this log. And yes, that was with the help of Jack.

                Comment


                • #9

                  I'm trying to picture Forrest, after all he's seen in his life, stumbling around downed pines following a dry river bed into a partial clearing with logs strewn all over the forest floor. This solve has no personal meaning, it's not about a secret fishing hole, not about seeing the Osprey dive, no overlooking the mountains or valley's. Why out of everything Forrest saw in his life would make him walk into this area and say "I'm going to die in this place"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by rmx63 View Post
                    I'm trying to picture Forrest, after all he's seen in his life, stumbling around downed pines following a dry river bed into a partial clearing with logs strewn all over the forest floor. This solve has no personal meaning, it's not about a secret fishing hole, not about seeing the Osprey dive, no overlooking the mountains or valley's. Why out of everything Forrest saw in his life would make him walk into this area and say "I'm going to die in this place"
                    I think the answer is at the marked spot of this video (my personal opinion).
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef8GGyv5S8A&t=107s

                    And I disagree about personal meaning because he loved that general area.
                    Last edited by Must Listengood; 05-14-2022, 06:56 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by colokidd View Post
                      The GPS coordinates do not jive with the poem, but who cares!?!? We have closure!!!!
                      They don't jive with how YOU interpret the poem. Don't take this personal, but your interpretation is irrelevant.
                      They only need to jive with how FORREST interprets it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by rmx63 View Post
                        I'm trying to picture Forrest, after all he's seen in his life, stumbling around downed pines following a dry river bed into a partial clearing with logs strewn all over the forest floor. This solve has no personal meaning, it's not about a secret fishing hole, not about seeing the Osprey dive, no overlooking the mountains or valley's. Why out of everything Forrest saw in his life would make him walk into this area and say "I'm going to die in this place"
                        Forrest had two very well known quotes that are coming to light (paraphrasing):

                        1. I was going to make it work no matter what.
                        2. If you find the chest, something that hadn't occurred to you before will become obvious and you will say to yourself "why didn't I think of that?"

                        Well it turns out that Forrest didn't really know how to create a poem that led you to a precise spot so he didn't give a damn if the the poem was precise and/or accurate, and what you didn't think of until you made it there was that the reason the Chase could last 1,000 years was that the clues were lame and haphazard: nobody was going to "solve" the poem.

                        That's what we're left with if the above layout is correct.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by kpro View Post
                          From Cynthia on FB.
                          Wow, what a beauty. Definitely looks prettier than 99% of Santa Fe's parking lots.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Um… so after we imagine that Forrest is so unimaginative that he named a Brown trout Mr Brown when he was a kid or whatever, our next step should be to realize that “From there it’s no place for the meek” means “cross the river” and that “the end is ever drawing nigh” means nothing. I’m with it so far!

                            Our next step is to imagine that “there’ll be no paddle up your creek involves neither a paddle nor a creek. Fair enough, but now we have to go in reverse because “just heavy loads” means logs that fell in a forest. “…and water high” either means nothing or refers in reverse to something you already did, which is cross the Madison below Mr Brown, the fish’s, home?

                            what in the hell kind of sense does this make? Did Forrest have brain damage? Is that the secret? You don’t even use or need a creek for this solve. I guess we can basically throw away the poem at this point.



                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JDER View Post
                              Um… so after we imagine that Forrest is so unimaginative that he named a Brown trout Mr Brown when he was a kid or whatever, our next step should be to realize that “From there it’s no place for the meek” means “cross the river” and that “the end is ever drawing nigh” means nothing. I’m with it so far!

                              Our next step is to imagine that “there’ll be no paddle up your creek involves neither a paddle nor a creek. Fair enough, but now we have to go in reverse because “just heavy loads” means logs that fell in a forest. “…and water high” either means nothing or refers in reverse to something you already did, which is cross the Madison below Mr Brown, the fish’s, home?

                              what in the hell kind of sense does this make? Did Forrest have brain damage? Is that the secret? You don’t even use or need a creek for this solve. I guess we can basically throw away the poem at this point.


                              Don't forget he spent 15 years on it.
                              You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

                              https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X