RudyGreene is the person who posted the Reddit photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RudyGreene is the person who posted the Reddit photos

I know many people are discussing the photos of the logs and other features that were posted to Reddit the other day. I wanted to give some background information on that.

It was RudyGreene. He very humbly said that I could let people know. Humbly, because (his words) "I'm not doing a vindication lap. This was just a personal quest for me. I had to close that 2% gap." However, I think it's such an awesome story what he did that I begged to be allowed to share it.

Let me acknowledge the controversy straight off. I'm aware that some are in agreement that this is the log. Others are strongly opposed to it. All of that is fine. In fact, Rudy appreciates the discussion because he legitimately wants to know "Is this it?". The story isn't going to convince people either way on it, nor should it. You should not accept the log or reject it based on the person who found it. However, for both the people who support the log and those who reject it, here's why you should all agree that this is an awesome story.

RudyGreene was so dedicated to his search that he went across the country to a little plot of land in the Rocky Mountains on his own dime just to prove to himself a location, where a treasure chest is no longer at, exists. Against all odds, armed with just a black and white printed photo of the log, he set about looking for matches. You've all seen the landscape at his location. It is littered with logs. It is exactly a needle in a haystack, if the log was there at all.

It took him 11 hours, he says, painstakingly looking at every log in a systematic grid search. He says he must have walked past the log you see on Reddit 20 times. This searcher thought it was worth it, even though there's no reward for finding it. He just wanted to complete his own, personal, Chase.

Lo and behold he found something that even he thought was questionable (there was no gap!). He second guessed it. He debated it. He wasn't sure but, as the similarities started piling up, he found it too hard to ignore. This is after looking at all the other logs in the same way. His prediction that it would be there, somewhere, paid off. He found one that may have been a match. "Is this it?" he asked. He thought so. Then he turned it over to all of you, anonymously, so that the fact that it was he that found it didn't bias your responses. He wanted to know, neutrally, if this was it, after all that effort he put in.

My friends, whether you agree that this is the log or not, you can not possibly deny that is an awesome story. This is what Forrest Fenn intended when he created this treasure hunt. Rudy is the living embodiment of The Thrill of the Chase. I am not ashamed to call it a Hero's Journey.

If you don't think this is the log, please consider how great this story is as one person's quest.

If you do consider this is the log, please also consider what you've got in this fantastic story: Just as we were mired in nothing but courtroom drama, one man swoops in and resolves this for us with an old fashioned BOTG search.

This should be amazing to all.

Please join me in congratulating my personal hero: RudyGreene. Please also help to make my new nickname for him stick....

If Jack was "The Finder"...

Rudy is "The Closer".

Let's give him a round of applause.
    Last edited by JeremyP; 05-14-2022, 01:11 PM.

No offense, but I don't think it was a big mystery it was Rudy.

Comment

Jeremy, that is an awesome post.

Rudy said he thought he could find it before May 14th, today. He beat his prediction. I agree with everything you posted Jeremy. It's an awesome story, and I hope Rudy gets credit for the find, which in many respects was incredibly harder than Jack's find. What a story.

Rudy just preemptively bypassed all of the courtroom drama, all of Jack's "I'll never tell", all of the Park's BS and threats, by simply posting a picture. I know he doesn't want to be the focus of the Parks ire and he doesn't deserve to be. He's just asking the question "is this it"? He is a shining example and an incredible representative of the Forrest Fenn chase. I think Forrest would have loved it if Rudy had been the finder, not to diminish Jack.

Comment

Good job........I think

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks
          JeremyP Thank you for the backstory. The closer has closure. I wish I could be so confident. What is the blaze? Jack said if he told us it would imperil the location.
          Jack said it is not there anymore.

Comment

JeremyP Thank you for the backstory. The closer has closure. I wish I could be so confident. What is the blaze? Jack said if he told us it would imperil the location.
            Well the blaze was obviously a sign that you could read through binoculars that said "Hey! I'm over here, across from Fenn Rock! Just wade on over. "
            Last edited by CRM114; 05-14-2022, 02:19 PM.
            You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

Comment

It would.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PSX_20220514_121044.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	414651
              Piece of the blaze, only $5000

Name:	SBruner-Saturday-1-130-e1512065969442.jpg
Views:	598
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	414650

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post

Well the blaze was obviously a sign that you could read through binocukars that said "Hey! I'm over here, across from Fenn Rock! Just wade on over. "

Name:	1280px-Bugged-great-seal-open.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	414657
                Just need some good pieces in your trove.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for bringing that to light.

It was a great effort by Rudy and has the potential to resolve the location without the legal silliness and arguments over money and power.

Rudy gets my applause!
                  ...Cynthia likewise for her efforts.

Comment

Did you see the picture of the tree that had been burnt just behind the logs? There are six pictures now shared. Pretty awesome. Most think it was hit by lightening. Oh the irony.
                    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Congrats Rudy! You found the needle in the haystack!!
                      “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Good grief, its no wonder Forrest ran rings round searchers for 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyP View Post
                          I know many people are discussing the photos of the logs and other features that were posted to Reddit the other day. I wanted to give some background information on that.

It was RudyGreene. He very humbly said that I could let people know. Humbly, because (his words) "I'm not doing a vindication lap. This was just a personal quest for me. I had to close that 2% gap." However, I think it's such an awesome story what he did that I begged to be allowed to share it.

Let me acknowledge the controversy straight off. I'm aware that some are in agreement that this is the log. Others are strongly opposed to it. All of that is fine. In fact, Rudy appreciates the discussion because he legitimately wants to know "Is this it?". The story isn't going to convince people either way on it, nor should it. You should not accept the log or reject it based on the person who found it. However, for both the people who support the log and those who reject it, here's why you should all agree that this is an awesome story.

RudyGreene was so dedicated to his search that he went across the country to a little plot of land in the Rocky Mountains on his own dime just to prove to himself a location, where a treasure chest is no longer at, exists. Against all odds, armed with just a black and white printed photo of the log, he set about looking for matches. You've all seen the landscape at his location. It is littered with logs. It is exactly a needle in a haystack, if the log was there at all.

It took him 11 hours, he says, painstakingly looking at every log in a systematic grid search. He says he must have walked past the log you see on Reddit 20 times. This searcher thought it was worth it, even though there's no reward for finding it. He just wanted to complete his own, personal, Chase.

Lo and behold he found something that even he thought was questionable (there was no gap!). He second guessed it. He debated it. He wasn't sure but, as the similarities started piling up, he found it too hard to ignore. This is after looking at all the other logs in the same way. His prediction that it would be there, somewhere, paid off. He found one that may have been a match. "Is this it?" he asked. He thought so. Then he turned it over to all of you, anonymously, so that the fact that it was he that found it didn't bias your responses. He wanted to know, neutrally, if this was it, after all that effort he put in.

My friends, whether you agree that this is the log or not, you can not possibly deny that is an awesome story. This is what Forrest Fenn intended when he created this treasure hunt. Rudy is the living embodiment of The Thrill of the Chase. I am not ashamed to call it a Hero's Journey.

If you don't think this is the log, please consider how great this story is as one person's quest.

If you do consider this is the log, please also consider what you've got in this fantastic story: Just as we were mired in nothing but courtroom drama, one man swoops in and resolves this for us with an old fashioned BOTG search.

Please join me in congratulating my personal hero: RudyGreene. Please also help to make my new nickname for him stick....

If Jack was "Th
                          Rudy is "The Closer".

Why acknowledge someone who prides themselves with finding a fake log that confirms a fake place where a fake treasure was hidden?

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyP View Post

If Jack was "The Finder"...

Rudy is "The Closer".

Rudy has satisfied and given closure to the ignorant searchers. To that, I give him kudos.
                            Last edited by colokidd; 05-14-2022, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Common sense is the minimum requirement for a treasure hunter.

Comment

Working...
                              X