Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More pics of the logs at the nook!!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by djjmciv View Post

    It's ok. Some people just lack the education and experience, much less natural intelligence, to comprehend why or how they are wrong. You just have to let them be.
    I've worked with the mental handicapped, so I've experienced moments where you can tell they just aren't going to get it. They just can't get to that level. And that's ok.
    But you kind of wish they just shut up because they are miseducating others.
    Gheesh. What a joke of a post. I have more education than any 5 searchers and I am wrong all the time. But I would never post a pompous ridiculous post like this.
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by kpro View Post

      Gheesh. What a joke of a post. I have more education than any 5 searchers and I am wrong all the time. But I would never post a pompous ridiculous post like this.
      Yes, I get some people believe that just because it's true doesn't mean you should shed light on it.
      But your comment seems to say that I meant that being wrong all the time means you lack education.
      No. I mean people can be truly wrong (like saying the pen is grey when it is in fact blue) and never understand why or never will no matter how much logic and proof you throw at them (perhaps they're colorblind).

      Comment


      • #78
        Close-up of the "blaze" tree showing the burn mark left by the lighning strike (see fractal burning for same effect) along the edge of the white streak, plus beetle larva tracks indicating the trunk had been bared along a narrow strip. The white streak itself is damage and premature aging of the cambium/sapwood as a result of the lightning followed by air and sun exposure.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Blazingwaddles View Post
          Close-up of the "blaze" tree showing the burn mark left by the lighning strike (see fractal burning for same effect) along the edge of the white streak, plus beetle larva tracks indicating the trunk had been bared along a narrow strip. The white streak itself is damage and premature aging of the cambium/sapwood as a result of the lightning followed by air and sun exposure.
          This is the first mention I've seen about "blaze" tree. Please tell me more.
          Did someone suggest/imply/state/claim that the blaze is a tree? If so, please tell me where I can find this info. Thank you in advance.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

            This is the first mention I've seen about "blaze" tree. Please tell me more.
            Did someone suggest/imply/state/claim that the blaze is a tree? If so, please tell me where I can find this info. Thank you in advance.
            Your wish is but my command: https://www.naturehills.com/autumn-blaze-red-maple

            1f Billy

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

              This is the first mention I've seen about "blaze" tree. Please tell me more.
              Did someone suggest/imply/state/claim that the blaze is a tree? If so, please tell me where I can find this info. Thank you in advance.
              It's just a way to express that the blaze was a natural feature of a tree. If the blaze is part of a tree and cannot be feasibly removed, then it is a "blaze tree".

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Gunrunner View Post

                I'm curious as to whether you still think these red boxes are 10" x 10".
                Sorry, I was wrong with my calculation. It's not 10" x 10". In fact, the constellation on the find picture is in good accordance with the logs in Rudy Greene's video. View converted to the same position results in same constellation as Jack took his picture.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	markings.jpg Views:	496 Size:	172.3 KB ID:	421494

                Comment


                • #83
                  It is sad how fast people turned Forrest Fenn into a dumb hick without a soul. As soon as he died, people turned him into a lying, cheating shallow person. It shows how easy people are fooled, when exposed to group think. Once what Forrest said meant something. BUT to make nine mile work, f lied about the ending, he lied about the number of clues solved, he lied about the number of searchers who weer within 200 feet. He cheated with the emails to Dal, and by telling people to search near nine mile. They also are telling people Forrest thought more of a fishing hole than anything else in his lifetime. I can tell you this, and Forrest admitted as much, he was not that big of a fisherman. When he said he was a pro guide, it was the fact he got paid to take families who rented from them out fishing for pay. He was nothing like the level of his father. F said he liked to fish a little and then just sit on the bank. People have built up in their minds f was a world-class fisherman. Forrest's passion was the chase for history. Sorry, even the best fishermen that ever was, does not want to die at a fishing hole. Look at that lush green place they say it was, what a joke.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Knowledge View Post
                    It is sad how fast people turned Forrest Fenn into a dumb hick without a soul. As soon as he died, people turned him into a lying, cheating shallow person. It shows how easy people are fooled, when exposed to group think. Once what Forrest said meant something. BUT to make nine mile work, f lied about the ending, he lied about the number of clues solved, he lied about the number of searchers who weer within 200 feet. He cheated with the emails to Dal, and by telling people to search near nine mile. They also are telling people Forrest thought more of a fishing hole than anything else in his lifetime. I can tell you this, and Forrest admitted as much, he was not that big of a fisherman. When he said he was a pro guide, it was the fact he got paid to take families who rented from them out fishing for pay. He was nothing like the level of his father. F said he liked to fish a little and then just sit on the bank. People have built up in their minds f was a world-class fisherman. Forrest's passion was the chase for history. Sorry, even the best fishermen that ever was, does not want to die at a fishing hole. Look at that lush green place they say it was, what a joke.
                    Thx, but you left out how much the trauma of war changes people.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by steve66 View Post

                      Thx, but you left out how much the trauma of war changes people.
                      It is clear, you did not understand who Forrest Fenn was, and how much he put into the chase. As soon as he died, many started to act like nothing he said mattered. Unless it fits their solve then it is the golden rule. The blind do what they are told and see what they are told is there. There are a few who know the truth about this ending. If you think nine mile is the place, you never really had a chance anyway. Ask Jack

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Knowledge View Post

                        It is clear, you did not understand who Forrest Fenn was, and how much he put into the chase. As soon as he died, many started to act like nothing he said mattered. Unless it fits their solve then it is the golden rule. The blind do what they are told and see what they are told is there. There are a few who know the truth about this ending. If you think nine mile is the place, you never really had a chance anyway. Ask Jack
                        WORD!

                        In fairness, those who knew what Forrest was saying between the lines had reason for hope. Without that, how could anyone avoid blindness?

                        FP

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X