The nook log IMO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The nook log IMO

Edited - please put your analysis here, we will summarize for our show a many as possible.

Just posted on Reddit by inthewood99. I believe this is in fact the nook log. It was said in chat this was taken at 9MH. I believe that as well.

And I know you will agree with me in the coming months when more info, I hope comes out

Remember - how many times do I have to play vinnnddddiiiicccaaatttttiiiiiooooonnnn LOL.
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

I think right about now we could all use that last project fenn was working on.

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
      Just posted on Reddit by inthewood99. I believe this is in fact the nook log. It was said in chat this was taken at 9MH. I believe that as well.

And I know you will agree with me in the coming months when more info, I hope comes out

Remember - how many times do I have to play vinnnddddiiiicccaaatttttiiiiiooooonnnn LOL.
      Kpro, I'm pulling for you to get the information out there that provides closure, even if it is 9 mile. But those log pictures ain't that info. The person who has posted them has done a nice job of circling similar features to draw your attention; all the while ignoring completely discordant adjacent features. It is solving the log the same way most of us solve the poem- just ignore the bits that don't fit.

Comment

Similar, KPro, but not a match:

https://www.hintofriches.com/core/im...EAAAICRAEAOw==

Comment

Proves nothing kpro . Even if it is the same log, all it proves is that Jack or someone else took a chest to that location and took some pictuires. It does not prove that was where the poem leads, nor does it prove that is where Fenn hid the chest when he expected to die, before he wrote the poem.

Comment

I think there are too many similarities for it to not be the same log and stump. So the question is, what are the GPS coords?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Side by Side.jpg
Views:	1124
Size:	726.9 KB
ID:	413692

Comment

Doesn't look like the same to me. I'll get the log in Sept. when I go there.

Edit:. I will also find the emerald ring. Case closed.

Comment

Send out the bronze-sniffing dog!

Confirmation bias. Look for similarities, dismiss or explain away differences. What if instead you circled the dissimilarities?

Poster says: "The crack in the log has reduced in size because the log has swollen with water, so that's not a deal breaker for me."

The most prominent identifiable feature is not visible? I'd need a better explanation. Maybe go back in drier weather? It's close enough to make those who want to believe it, believe it.

----
                Edit: The more I look at those overlays, the more interesting it is. I'd probably agree strongly it was a match if the "crack" was still visible from some angle or with some kind of physical manipulation. It would have to still be there and in the exact same place. It could not have healed or moved or closed without a trace, but perhaps it shifted and compressed and did not appear under conditions of the newer photo. I'm open to the idea that it's a match. And I don't think the photos are manipulated. (I don't think any amount of discussion can resolve it conclusively, but further inspection and photos probably could.)

BTW, thanks for those who put the effort into the comparisons and overlays and added their expert opinions.

...joke: We'll know it's THE log if the newly-formed Yellowstone swat team raids the poster, confiscates all photos, wipes social media, creates a law about photographing trees, and burns the area to the ground to protect it.
                Last edited by bartleby; 05-13-2022, 03:46 AM.

Comment

I guess the split above the knot magically repaired itself in 2 years. This has devolved into a farce, and anyone that says those 2 logs are the same has ZERO credibility going forward as they are so unbelievably obviously different. This is not a matter of opinion, it is fact.

Comment

Originally posted by bartleby View Post
                    Send out the bronze-sniffing dog!

Confirmation bias. Look for similarities, dismiss or explain away differences. What if instead you circled the dissimilarities?

Poster says: "The crack in the log has reduced in size because the log has swollen with water, so that's not a deal breaker for me."

The most prominent identifiable feature is not visible? I'd need a better explanation. Maybe go back in drier weather? It's close enough to make those who want to believe it, believe it.

(I have no bias for or against 9MH. I can accept it if confirmed.)
                    I don't have access to Redditt. Does the poster say where at 9MH this was taken? Can he tell us where or approximately where?

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post

No, I don't believe so. The original picture is showing the roots of a fallen tree. .. The new picture you provided shows the base of a standing tree.
                      look closely at the dirt and roots... A big felled tree like that is very difficult to move. It wasn't NMH, Kpro.... IMO

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220512-163316_(1).png Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	413701
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2020-06-20-15-45-54-1.png Views:	0 Size:	2.70 MB ID:	413702

These were the hints below, Forrest loved telling a story through pictures.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220306-114458_(1).png Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	413703
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220304-122843_(1).png Views:	0 Size:	1.61 MB ID:	413704

The treasure was next to a fallen tree that still grew sideways.

Also, NMH is not an environmental sensitive area, yes there are concerns but not like the area the treasure was hidden.
                      Where's the mud? Forrest said it was a very muddy area, NMH is a dry area.

This is MUD!!!!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20220512-171034.png Views:	36 Size:	3.61 MB ID:	413713
                      Last edited by Livinlifebig; 05-12-2022, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Two to three years of difference out in the rapidly changing forest, but there are a lot of matches. Click image for larger version

Name:	Side by Side compare.jpg
Views:	1098
Size:	872.5 KB
ID:	413706

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
                          Two to three years of difference out in the rapidly changing forest, but there are a lot of matches. Click image for larger version

Name:	Side by Side compare.jpg
Views:	1098
Size:	872.5 KB
ID:	413706
                          Those are similarities, not matches.

Comment

Comparing photos of wood grain.
                            It is a match, either the same log or an excellent photoshop by someone with knowledge of what’s in the wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
                              I think there are too many similarities for it to not be the same log and stump. So the question is, what are the GPS coords?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Side by Side.jpg Views:	741 Size:	726.9 KB ID:	413692
                              No question it's a match. There were no GPS coords included in the reddit post.
                              Last edited by Vertigo; 05-14-2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X