Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety hints ~ add yours

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Dynamite for bears.... allways make sure you take someone slower than you when your out on the trails, and keep your shoe tied....

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by BiggishShoes
      If you can't retreive it in any weather, then it's not there.
      In other words , If you know precisely where it is you can probably retrieve it in any weather. That’s what Forrest said right?

      Comment


      • #48
        Yes, but why gamble you know for sure. After all for some its a long expensive trip and delays can add up. Any way what's the rush for a chaser? Not likely folk are out with their shovels beating to the punch. And frankly, if that is so then why haven't they already? The snow will be gone in a month or so and if you have a good solve then go. Good luck to you all

        Comment


        • #49
          Remaining Anonymous vs. Going Public - How do you protect yourself and your family from lawsuit, privacy invasion, hostile threats to home, etc. There are many factors involved. Many people you will need to contact regarding the contents of the chest (accountant, lawyer, appraiser, museum curators, financial advisers, etc). Can you honestly trust everyone you know, including family and friends from leaking that you found the chest? Alcohol and friendly social situations will make you the most vulnerable. Word will spread fast once people know you found the chest.

          Preparations I have thought of to prepare for most situations for either going public or trying to remain anonymous.
          1. Install security cameras around the home.
          2. Install additional outdoor lighting around the home.
          3. Purchase fire arms.
          4. Purchase a dog.
          5. Re-enforce doors for strength.
          6. Purchase windows with stronger security features.
          7. Update or upgrade vehicle for security (bullet proof windows, run flat tires, etc)
          8. Become aware of your routines.
          9. Alert neighbors and neighborhood.
          10. Self-defense classes and fire arms training.
          11. Mace
          12. Expandable baton.
          13. Purchase Indemnity Insurance.
          14. Increase home insurance.
          15. Increase auto insurance.
          16. Create an LLC for all family assets.
          17. Create a Trust to put the chest and contents into.
          18. Store chest off premise in a high security bank vault.
          19. Hire a financial adviser.
          20. Hire an accountant.
          21. Hire a PR firm.
          22. Work out arrangement with local police to patrol the neighborhood.
          23. Build a safe-room in your home.
          24. Hire a family therapist, counselor, life-coach to help with stress from fame.
          25. Alert children's schools to your situation.
          26. Purchase a taser.
          27. Hire body guard.
          28. Purchase art collector insurance.
          29. Increase your home owners insurance.
          30. Increase your auto insurance.
          31. Am I missing anything???

          Comment


          • #50
            Don't go more than a mile or so. And really, after no results, don't go at all until you have an for sure within a few hundred foot location.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
              Remaining Anonymous vs. Going Public - How do you protect yourself and your family from lawsuit, privacy invasion, hostile threats to home, etc. There are many factors involved. Many people you will need to contact regarding the contents of the chest (accountant, lawyer, appraiser, museum curators, financial advisers, etc). Can you honestly trust everyone you know, including family and friends from leaking that you found the chest? Alcohol and friendly social situations will make you the most vulnerable. Word will spread fast once people know you found the chest.

              Preparations I have thought of to prepare for most situations for either going public or trying to remain anonymous.
              1. Install security cameras around the home.
              2. Install additional outdoor lighting around the home.
              3. Purchase fire arms.
              4. Purchase a dog.
              5. Re-enforce doors for strength.
              6. Purchase windows with stronger security features.
              7. Update or upgrade vehicle for security (bullet proof windows, run flat tires, etc)
              8. Become aware of your routines.
              9. Alert neighbors and neighborhood.
              10. Self-defense classes and fire arms training.
              11. Mace
              12. Expandable baton.
              13. Purchase Indemnity Insurance.
              14. Increase home insurance.
              15. Increase auto insurance.
              16. Create an LLC for all family assets.
              17. Create a Trust to put the chest and contents into.
              18. Store chest off premise in a high security bank vault.
              19. Hire a financial adviser.
              20. Hire an accountant.
              21. Hire a PR firm.
              22. Work out arrangement with local police to patrol the neighborhood.
              23. Build a safe-room in your home.
              24. Hire a family therapist, counselor, life-coach to help with stress from fame.
              25. Alert children's schools to your situation.
              26. Purchase a taser.
              27. Hire body guard.
              28. Purchase art collector insurance.
              29. Increase your home owners insurance.
              30. Increase your auto insurance.
              31. Am I missing anything???
              LOL,,,,,AND NOW YOU ARE BROKE!!!!

              Comment


              • #52
                Beware of snow at high elevations (June 2019):
                https://www.sott.net/article/413636-...ail-Ridge-Road

                Comment


                • #53
                  If i ever go BOTG again... I'm bringing a horse., and a helicopter.....
                  1keyword
                  Banned
                  Last edited by 1keyword; 06-01-2019, 05:02 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Oh my lordee... please ... if you are a flatlander like me... you cannot survive!!! It's awful... altitude sickness is real!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by lookingbutnada View Post
                      Oh my lordee... please ... if you are a flatlander like me... you cannot survive!!! It's awful... altitude sickness is real!
                      I get it bad, but this stuff works great, you'll still need a day or two to acclimate but, in the meantime you wont feel bad https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-6...x-oral/details

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Don't attempt to traverse a raging river at first snow melt ... with nothing but some Wal-Mart floaties and true grit.
                        Don't hike through high desert terrain without ample water or in 10 year old sneakers (that just may melt 6 miles into your hike).
                        When crossing mountain ranges by foot, stick to spurs not draws. Better to be spurred onward than have your end ever drawing nigh.
                        If you decide to climb up or down a steep slope, bring a partner to hold the rope and make double sure the knot is tied proper and your partner doesn't suffer from ADHD.
                        Never announce that you're a treasure hunter To anyone. Ever.. "Wildlife biologist" is a much safer bet.
                        Always wear bear spray when north of Tijuana, even when you sleep. Did I say ALWAYS?

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Just a few words of wisdom for those of you out searching deep in the Rocky Mountains. Please learn the difference between black bear scat and brown bear scat. Black bear scat tends to be smaller droppings in a tightly formed cluster. Brown bear scat is A LOT larger and tends to smell rather 'peppery.' Often it contain at least a few little round silvery bells in it.

                          Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_2019-10-09-06-14-26~2.png Views:	0 Size:	1.04 MB ID:	120355
                          Last edited by A Leach; 10-09-2019, 08:16 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I seriously could out run that fat bear, and with a sandwich in my backpack to boot.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by 1Trailblazer2019 View Post
                              I seriously could out run that fat bear, and with a sandwich in my backpack to boot.
                              Hahaha! THAT would make a great scene in a movie! Slowest foot-race / bear-chase EVER. Like THE EDGE meets Blazing Saddles.

                              Not sure if you've seen them Twilight movies. I sorta hope not, but that actor who morphed into a bad-ass alpha wolf (he got all RIPPED with muscle for the role)
                              sorta petered-out afterwards and hit the Pringles a little too hard. Fame can do weird things to ya. I try to refrain from partaking in cruel humor,
                              but I know the kid'll BOUNCE back, and this one made me laugh ... (that poor wolf!)

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	fat wolf.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	120920

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I think that wolf ate the bear!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X