Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions on the motion to intervene - call to action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on the motion to intervene - call to action!

Ok FF Community!

The motion to intervene is out! We did a show this morning on it, what questions do you have, what would you like us to cover tomorrow on our regular show, and any thoughts? I will try to build up a new presentation by then and yes, we will have Cynthia Meachum and perhaps another special guest!
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Can someone intervene on the current state of affairs?

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
      Ok FF Community!

The motion to intervene is out! We did a show this morning on it, what questions do you have, what would you like us to cover tomorrow on our regular show, and any thoughts? I will try to build up a new presentation by then and yes, we will have Cynthia Meachum and perhaps another special guest!
      My concern, and I already shared with Cynthia, is that the Park Rangers when visiting the location on August 2020 may have intentionally removed any remaining signature of where the chest once lay. Maybe even the log which we were all excited about Cynthia finding. I think others have also expressed this concern/question.

Comment

Was it a divine intervention?

Comment

What’s the Chief Park Ranger’s favorite drink?

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyP
            How did Cynthia know two weeks before it was actually signed that the Department of Interior was going to do this?

No one knew that it was the Department of Interior at the time, and she knew it immediately. No one else was saying it either.
            I've been trying to get this info for days with various postings about other such incidents as well. On the new live show Cynthia said she does have a source that she isn't naming. My question would be, wouldn't it be easier and more convincing to just come out and say that Cynthia has inside info that she wants to share to help put things in order?

Comment

I'm not sure this would be on topic for your Monday show and I'm not even sure it's worth talking about, but I'm curious now about Jack Stuef's revelation about the missing emerald ring. He wrote about it in his 12/7/2020 Medium post, so this disclosure was well after the August 2020 meeting between the YNP ranger, Stuef, and Fenn in which presumably Stuef and Fenn agree to not disclose exactly where the treasure was located.

Stuef says in the Medium article "If I were to reveal where the treasure was, the natural wonder of the place Forrest held so dear will be destroyed by people seeking treasure they hope i dropped on my way out or Forrest on his way in."
              Then Stuef writes about Fenn not having written an inventory of what was in the chest, so Stuef can't prove anything is missing. And then Stuef specifically mentions the missing Spanish emerald ring.

Why does he bring this up? If Stuef never mentions the missing ring, who would know to go searching for it? And by mentioning it, isn't he risking exactly what he said he feared would happen--and what the park ranger mentioned about imagined unclaimed treasure in her affidavit-- that people will continue to search for the treasure's location, because they now know an item Fenn said was in the chest is missing and possibly laying out there in the "right spot"?

As I say, this may be too minor a question or too far off-topic to warrant any attention, but it is kind of curious that Stuef wrote about it after the YNP meeting. I would have thought he wouldn't have divulged any detail that would have stoked other searchers' imaginations, and the missing emerald ring seems to have done just that.

Comment

Even if the motion is granted and the DOI can have a representative at the deposition, why assume they would be allowed to block questions or answers that could compromise the case? That would surprise me.

Note "Generally, to be admitted into the lawsuit, the intervenor must have an interest in the subject matter of the original suit." YNP has expressed no interest in the probate matter which is all the case is about.

It seems more likely, but by no means certain, they might be granted an "order of protection" which would be a gag order so to speak that applies only to the participants of the case (and sometimes the press) until the case ends or secrecy is no longer needed. I'm not even sure the Yellowstone argument justifies even that.

"Boggles my mind" you said in regard to perceived attempts to outlaw anyone revealing the specific spot. And I agree, there's the first amendment and you can read up on prior restraint. Judicial gag orders are one of few exceptions to prior restraint and they only apply to trial participants and the press and they end when the case is over.

I think people are getting this motion to intervene confused with fear that there could be a broader injunction against revealing the location - which is an unfounded concern in my opinion.

And I wouldn't jump to conclusions that the Zoom call would not be subject to FOIA. Those redactions you expect are limited by laws and can be challenged. The argument of special protection for a publicly accessible area within a national park with millions of visitors is highly questionable.

Comment

If the government intervenes they are opening a huge Pandora's box, not only relative to the circumstances related to where and how Jack recovered the chest or how he didn't report his find to the park office but how they will move forward to keep the area "safe" from searchers. A National Park is for the benefit and enjoyment of the people. A Park for the People. That they are worried about a handful of searchers who may trample the pine floor searching for a log is silly. If they keep the area secret it will be scoured by searchers looking for closure regardless. They are better off publicizing the spot, developing an area plan for Forrest’s spot and creating a visitor use management plan. Maybe they should've thought about the ramifications of all the secrecy before making a deal with the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
                    If the government intervenes they are opening a huge Pandora's box, not only relative to the circumstances related to where and how Jack recovered the chest or how he didn't report his find to the park office but how they will move forward to keep the area "safe" from searchers. A National Park is for the benefit and enjoyment of the people. A Park for the People. That they are worried about a handful of searchers who may trample the pine floor searching for a log is silly. If they keep the area secret it will be scoured by searchers looking for closure regardless. They are better off publicizing the spot, developing an area plan for Forrest’s spot and creating a visitor use management plan. Maybe they should've thought about the ramifications of all the secrecy before making a deal with the devil.
                    Um, I know, they could even monetize to recoup the years of taxpayer's money cleaning up and saving all the delinquents. Specific fee for Fenn. Post volunteers at the site area to patrol and assist. Bake sales to pay for other permanent features for access. Solicit money from Fenn family to assist in planning and execution.

Comment

Not to mention why are they allowing the law to be flaunted in this case - to keep it secret? It kinda sets a bad precedent in terms of future hunts. I guess it really is OK to hide something in the park.
                      You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

https://globusmax.wordpress.com/2020...-solve-part-1/

Comment

The fishy smell gets worse and worse. What constitutes evidence that the chest was ever hidden in the park?

Comment

Maybe this is all about legal maneuvering to challenge the SURPA Act?? Maybe the finder would like to release the solution but cannot do so without first challenging the constitutionality of the act in court. Personally, I don't see how it can hold up .... How could it possibly be constitutional to hold anyone responsible for the acts of another? Especially if there is no intention to incite!! If I tell you that there are tons of priceless relics buried in the mounds of Cahokia am I responsible when you rent a backhoe and destroy one of the mounds??

Comment

I don't have a question about the federal intervention but I do have one for Harry.... Why don't you subpoena the emails between Jack and Douglas Preston?

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                              Ok FF Community!

I would like to know if anyone has directly contacted Sarah Davis? Earlier today I sent an email in an attempt to get one yes or no question answered. I asked if the Forrest Fenn treasure was found within the boundaries of Yellowstone National Park. When and if I get an answer I will update. Seems to me that if they were trying to protect the park this would have the opposite effect. They just draw more attention to it. I think they are trying to protect another lesser known area. My .02

Last edited by crow; 04-24-2022, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X