Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treasure was found by a man I did not know and had not communicated with since 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by JDER View Post

    Calm down. If F or his family wanted this to die, they could simply have killed it. I don't hate anyone, nor am I disgusted with Fenn. I simply put on my conspiracy hat and thought about it. Take it easy.
    As I said, I was hoping you were joking. In weird times as these it serves to wrangle a spurious piece of fuckery and ride it until it's just too stoopid to take seriously. But somewhere along the way you have to check your backtrack to see you've besmirched someone of character because even an unbranded, rented mule deserves to go unwhipped. Fenn ain't no thoroughbred, ain't no saint, and he ain't no genius, but he's got skookum, grit and pride. He's not going to take the fall for anyone, and he's not going to put his family in a bind they didn't see coming.
    Conservatism is the belief that a small subset of the people is protected by the law, but not bound by it, while another, larger group is bound by the law, but is not protected by it.

    ~ Unknown

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by whiskynovember View Post

      In short, I do mind. And strangely enough, I don't leg-hump Fenn the way many do here.
      I think leg-humping would be the only way to get Forrest's attention. Well, other than initially climbing on board and mounting him . . . stuffed trophy and all. That might get his attention.

      Comment


      • #33
        after all we know does this sound like he was describing Jack?

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by shyorphan View Post
          after all we know does this sound like he was describing Jack?
          nopeee

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
            Can anyone maybe post another angle on this comment ?

            I have read it up and down 240 times and I still can't make heads or tails out of it .

            Maybe 1 of you searchers have an idea of what he could /should/ be saying with that comment.

            Thanks in advance
            In Fenn-speak, he could have easily been saying that the finder began his search in 2018 and although he’d received emails from him, he’d NEVER in the ensuing time communicated with him.

            I just noticed that I’m repeating myself. A sure sign of dementia.
            Last edited by Yellerstain; 06-23-2022, 02:02 PM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Yellerstain View Post

              In Fenn-speak, he could have easily been saying that the finder began his search in 2018 and although he’d received emails from him, he’d NEVER in the ensuing time communicated with him.

              I just noticed that I’m repeating myself. A sure sign of dementia.
              which means the person he thought of in the announcement and jack is not the same person.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

                which means the person he thought of in the announcement and jack is not the same person.
                agree. he was talking about someone else. the person he was trying to find in the picture at the last gathering. I think he wanted to meet him.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by shyorphan View Post

                  agree. he was talking about someone else. the person he was trying to find in the picture at the last gathering. I think he wanted to meet him.
                  This makes NO sense to me. If Forrest wanted to meet the person he was trying to find in the picture at the last gathering, then why on earth did he not just email, telephone, or write a snail mail invitation to the person? And besides that, why would Forrest think that the person would attend the last gathering considering the Covid realities of the time?

                  Around the time of the find announcement, I really wished I'd been able to meet Forrest and thank him for the fun times I'd had with various family members on BOTG trips. Actually contacted him via email to suggest, tentatively, a meeting. Got the brush off, however. Understandable, I suppose, in terms of all the loons manifesting themselves, but disappointing.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by shyorphan View Post

                    agree. he was talking about someone else. the person he was trying to find in the picture at the last gathering. I think he wanted to meet him.
                    i think he did too. but at the same time he had to resent him for some reason or else he would have took it upon himself to make it happen. i don't think it was an ideal person that he wanted to give credit to or own the box of gold. but he was intrigued by him for sure. imagine how that person feels. i bet all he cared about was meeting Forrest though.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by JacksBeer88W View Post

                      This makes NO sense to me. If Forrest wanted to meet the person he was trying to find in the picture at the last gathering, then why on earth did he not just email, telephone, or write a snail mail invitation to the person? And besides that, why would Forrest think that the person would attend the last gathering considering the Covid realities of the time?

                      Around the time of the find announcement, I really wished I'd been able to meet Forrest and thank him for the fun times I'd had with various family members on BOTG trips. Actually contacted him via email to suggest, tentatively, a meeting. Got the brush off, however. Understandable, I suppose, in terms of all the loons manifesting themselves, but disappointing.
                      it makes sense if you discount Jack as the guy who solved it. if you believe Jack solved it then this is just crazy talk. but maybe there is more to the story is all I am saying. maybe the truth is still out there.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by shyorphan View Post

                        it makes sense if you discount Jack as the guy who solved it. if you believe Jack solved it then this is just crazy talk. but maybe there is more to the story is all I am saying. maybe the truth is still out there.
                        Indeed.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by mountain digger

                          Perhaps there was a bit of sanctity to both the relationship between f and the individual and to the future they would share, even though they had never met. Imagine the amount of faith & trust in the other that would be required of each and how that type of relationship was built. Do you believe in fate?
                          nice mountain digger. perfectly stated.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            It was obvious in the emails that Forrest did not know Jack. He got 1000s of emails a month and Jack was a regular but Forrest rarely replied to him.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by In My Opinion View Post
                              It was obvious in the emails that Forrest did not know Jack. He got 1000s of emails a month and Jack was a regular but Forrest rarely replied to him.
                              Great thought process , The question I have, for others , is why don't the intelligent searchers come up with the same common sense result ?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by jan_v60 View Post

                                Forrest, in his mails to searchers, wrote strange things and errors sometimes.

                                - When I wrote him, that I thought to be hacked (with my solve at Priest Creek, CO) …he answered “Jan, you are not haced”.
                                - When he answered me about the ashes of Robin Olds being spread, he did send an email to Robin Olds daughter (with copy to me). But the title of the mail was “Robin galore”.

                                Who can tell me why, in this mail, he said “Robin Galore”. The word “galore” means “many”. Therefore I think he gave a confirmation of another Robin…Robin Hood, who was brave and in the wood.

                                This was Forrest’s mail on July, 4th 2020 (I deleted my complete name):

                                Robin galore
                                Christine,
                                My name is Forrest Fenn. I knew your parents. Robin and I flew together once at Wheelus. He insisted that I lead the flight on the gunnery range. Returning to Wheelus I heard a voice on the radio. It was Robin. “Pretty tame flight,” and looked at him on my wing. He was doing aileron rolls. So we both did aileron rolls all the way home. I was the flight lead, but we both knew who the real leader was.
                                I had an art gallery in Santa Fe and he came to see me once, and we went to lunch.
                                I wrote a story about Robin in one of my books and I would like to send you a copy.
                                Please send me your address. Jan xxxxxxxxx will vouch for me, I think.
                                Forrest




                                This email was probably the best offering and contribution to my thread . For reasons that only I know .

                                I am surprised I missed it and owe you an apology for not recognizing it beforehand . So Thank you very very much for doing so . You totally Rule in my book . And if and when it ends , I NEVER EVER EVER forget anyone who assisted me . My loyalty to people I respect is unwavering .

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X