The (missing) second poem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The (missing) second poem

If Forrest left a poem in the chest as a verification mechanism, why didn't Forrest just ask Jack about it when they met in the lawyer's office? Maybe they did discuss it, and we'll never know, unless Jack discloses it. I'm still processing how this new (cough, sus) revelation fits into the whole picture. If he didn't have the poem, does that call into question the authenticity of the chest that was "found" and presented? Forrest would have known the difference and would have said something. Ugh, more head-scratching.

I haven't watched the whole video, but tonight Kpro and Mike went over some emails between Dal and Kpro regarding a way to know that the chest had been found, if it was after Forrest's death. Purportedly, Forrest had spoken to Dal of a short poem in the chest, and that Dal should ask the finder about the second poem, to verify that it was legitimate. Allegedly, Dal asked Jack about the poem, and Jack said he didn't know about any such poem.

It all starts around minute 51:22 in the video from tonight.

Comment

kpro those are not actual emails in your video. That is "copy-and-pasted" text into a Word document. Please post original emails to prove that this is not a bunch of BS shenanigans.
      Last edited by elperro; 04-12-2022, 01:24 AM.

Comment

OK, I looked more closely at the video. Much of this information is not in writing. There are a couple of major red flags.

1. Dal said he sent an email to Forrest to a different email that he used. If emails, which are alleged to be from Forrest, are ever produced from this unverifiable email address in reply to Dal, anything responded can basically be claimed to be from Forrest.
        2. It is suspicious that these "instructions" were not given to Dal in written format, but were only told to him at their last meeting. How strange to mention that they were not videotaped, either.

My conclusion: Apparently, none of this information is verifiable, and we should retain a healthy amount of skepticism.

I'm not accusing anyone of malfeasance, but the conspiracist in me wonders if these new revelations represent a clandestine and mischievous attempt to undermine Jack's story (not that the guy really needs any help with story, or character self-assassination).

Or, perhaps there are other "powers that be" who are directing the show. Perhaps, it will be claimed that the chest which was presented to Forrest was a fake, and that the real chest (the one with the second poem) is still out there. Hence, the hunt effectively resumes.

Is there motive for either of these scenarios? Think about it.

Comment

Continuing poetry kinda has a ring to it...

Comment

Maybe is says;

Well done you,
            Solving the first clue,
            Now, enjoy your time,
            With the rest of the nine.

(Holding fake coins in hand)

Comment

Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post
              Maybe is says;

Well done you,
              Solving the first clue,
              Now, enjoy your time,
              With the rest of the nine.

(Holding fake coins in hand)
              Fake what’s that supposed to represent?

Comment

"I'm glad I never lived to see
                the shit that they'd attribute me."

Comment

Perhaps it’s time to revisit the elements of poetry in order to ascertain the proper poetic format. It would appear that ‘sticky note’ is turning into a doozy. Time will tell, in my opinion.
                  Last edited by Strawshadow; 04-12-2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Hopper View Post
                    Continuing poetry kinda has a ring to it...
                    Yes, an Esmeralda Ring.

Comment

Any new claim made since the man died cannot be verified and should be regarded as speculation. The players have repeatedly shown themselves to be unreliable, either intentionally or otherwise.
                      The only person that could verify any such claims is not only gone but he told us several times that he wasn’t talking. Why would anyone think he confided in Dal? I doubt it and there’s not a shred of real evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks
                        So the thing about this alleged poem is that Dal said he does not know what the poem says so anyone could claim anything. Forrest said to Dal that he would recognize it as his. Most of us here could write a poem that sounds like F, just saying. Hey McCracken, I'd add this to your list of what to ask Jack.
                        The poem must contain something that only Dal can know about. Something private that Dal told Forrest in the past.

Comment

Kpro showed us part of an interview where Forrest says we could know that the treasure was found. But I’m sure there is somewhere another interview where Forrest says clearly that it could be known when he was alive, but not after his death. I have no intention to go through all the interviews again, but maybe somebody here remembers that statement, and can indicate when this happened..

Comment

So the thing about this alleged poem is that Dal said he does not know what the poem says so anyone could claim anything. Forrest said to Dal that he would recognize it as his. Most of us here could write a poem that sounds like F, just saying. Hey McCracken, I'd add this to your list of what to ask Jack.
                            Another person, I don't recall who or where, mentioned the poem could have names of relatives like Skippy and June in it. That's how it would be attributed only to Forrest.

Comment

You are so right, except I think it was this poem in Seventeen Dollars a Square Inch:

Mighty oaks from little acorns slowly grow
                              Then finally fall and wisp to naught,
                              But those who plant a seed of words
                              Live on in groves of human thought. f

When Susie Fennhaven asked Jack about Eric Sloane he didn't answer...

I think it's neither this nor the other poem, although I have no idea what poem might have been in the chest. However, I think one word of the poem in the chest was "Yellowstone" - and that's why Jack can't remember that a poem was in the chest, the poem would reveal that the treasure chest was hidden in Yellowstone.

Comment

Working...
                              X