Anybody have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody have?

Emails of Dals where he told F in December then in March he was going to call off the search? Please post or email me at [email protected]
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

For KPRO per request>> The coloring and some or all of the bold are mine. I can't recall if any of the bold was Dal's.

THE CHASE IS OVER EMAIL
    [Dal blog 6-26-21]

In December of 2019 the burden of the chase was was beginning to take its toll on Forrest. He was considering ending the chase and wrote me the following note, which resulted in the discussion below.

Subject: the chase is over
    Date: December 7, 2019 at 10:38 AM PST
    To: Dal Neitzel

Dal,
    This is something I am thinking about, and have not decided to do. It is only a draft. I wanted to get your opinion. What would it do to you? Please give me your candid opinion. f

The chase is over
    Most of the Rocky Mountains are covered with snow and ice, and many nighttime temperatures are hovering around zero. Nevertheless, more than a few searchers continue to ignore our warnings and venture into very dangerous situations, putting their lives in peril. A few are searching alone, which compounds the risk.
    Four searchers have tragically lost their lives while looking for the treasure. The authorities believe one drowning was preceded by a bear attack. Everyone is responsible for their own actions and too many put safety aside to play their solve.
    Two years ago, the State Police Chief requested that I call off the search. I resisted, and although no loss of life has occurred since that time, situations are different and the deportment of the searching public has changed. Many of the emails I receive each day indicate that more people are willing to take risks beyond the norm, despite my warnings not to search where an 80-year-old man could not go twice in one afternoon.
    There are other reasons that prompted my decision to stop the search. I will list a few.
    1. A man sent me a letter saying that one of my granddaughters was the treasure and he was coming for her. He threatened my life and hers. As a result, the man has been incarcerated for more than 3 ½ years.
    2. We have dialed 911 three times and each time a searcher was led away in handcuffs. One wrestled a police officer on the ground before he was subdued.
    3. Another searcher kicked a door down to gain access to my property. He then shattered a glass door with an axe and was removing a wooden chest when my daughter and I held him at gun point until the swat team arrived.
    4. A searcher was arrested in Yellowstone Park for violating several laws, and spent 7 days in jail.
    5. There have been 7 death threats, four people lost and had to be rescued, two blackmail attempts, two law suits, and several threats of bodily harm, one against a woman. There was one murder threat.
    Although many searchers have claimed to have found the treasure chest it is still where I hid it more than ten years ago. My original motive to get kids off of the couch and out of the game rooms is no longer valid, and I regret that, but for more than ten years the chase has been very effective in that department. Hopefully families will continue to visit the great outdoors when the weather is good.
    After consulting with several people, the decision was unanimous to stop the search. I will cause the treasure chest to be photographed in situ, and then retrieved. The photos will be posted on this site.
    I will no longer read or respond to any emails about the search. As of now, 12/10/2019, the chase is over. f

Sent: Saturday, December 7, 2019 7:02 PM
    To: Forrest Fenn
    Subject: Re: the chase is over
    Why is “getting kids off the couch and out of the game room” no longer valid?

On Dec 7, 2019, at 7:14 PM, Forrest Fenn wrote:
    If the treasure is no longer available there would be no incentive to go into the mountains. f

Sent: Saturday, December 7, 2019 7:28 PM
    Subject: Re: the chase is over
    Of course…but if you hide a time capsule in its place folks could still try to solve the poem and follow the clues…
    No money at the end but still fun…
    Or is that defeating the purpose of retrieving the chest?

Subject: RE: the chase is over
    Date: December 7, 2019 at 7:32:08 PM PST
    I like that idea. I am leaning toward retrieving the chest and will probably do it some time before the next search season. f

The following March Covid was in a full-tilt-boggie in the USA and many states were closing their borders to out-of-staters. Forrest was rethinking his position from the previous December…when we were still a Covid Free nation. It was still too early to retrieve the chest due to winter conditions in the mountains and Forrest was now concerned about folks searching during the epidemic.

The following conversation began with Forrest sending me a simple note.

On Mar 27, 2020, at 4:04 PM, [email protected] wrote:
    Do you think I should suspend the search? Many search places are closed. f

On Mar 27, 2020, at 4:20 PM, Forrest Fenn wrote:
    Many states have stay at home orders. Some searchers travel long distances in a car with someone who may have the virus. If you travel you must interact with people at gas stations, motels, etc. I wasn’t thinking about the weather. I just don’t know. f

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 7:26 PM
    Subject: Re: private
    I hadn’t considered that as an option…
    It’s a decision with many subtle implications…
    It seems to me that suspending the chase puts you in direct control of when/where folks search..
    That you can turn it on or off when you please..
    You move from a “hands off” position to a supervisory position…
    And it doesn’t seem to me that you would want to claim that responsibility…
    I don’t think you should suspend it…
    Additionally:
    If you did, won’t some searchers say that proves the chest is located some place that is now closed to public access?
    Wouldn’t that encourage some searchers to run out and look on closed land?
    You never suspended it in winter. You just suggested that winter is a good time to stay home and plan.
    Maybe an alternative would be to suggest that searchers need to use extreme caution, not only against the virus but also in planning. Many state and federal lands are closed. Campgrounds are closed. Restaurants are closed. Many gas stations and convenience stores are closed. Practically all tourist activities are shut down. No-one should break the law or put themselves or others at risk. The search is meant to be fun…not dangerous…etc. etc.
    What do you think?
    -dal

Sent: Friday, March 27, 2020 8:00 PM
    Subject: Re: private
    What if instead of using the words “shut down” you put out a message warning people that this is a bad time to search…mention all the services that are shut down…that traveling is much to dangerous now…

Subject: RE: private
    Date: March 27, 2020 at 8:02:52 PM PDT
    That seems to be the best answer. I have already started writing it. f

And so…Forrest wrote a warning about continuing the search during the epidemic and it was published on several of the blogs.

Forrest was very interested in ending the chase if he could.

And in June he announced it was found.
    Last edited by frogfen; 04-09-2022, 08:25 PM.

Comment

@Kpro: just emailed it to you...

Comment

Hey Zapster, I see we hit the send button at the same time. Always enjoyed your posts.

Comment

As I always said. The treasure was retrieved. This is why the local area around the box was not disturbed... Only the immediate area at the box was disturbed. Too clean....

As heard at the spot on May 21st Whoo Whoo Whoo Whoo

It was a two holer!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220409-202113.png
Views:	292
Size:	4.69 MB
ID:	401867
          Last edited by Livinlifebig; 04-09-2022, 10:23 PM.
          You can file this information under Misc in your trash can. F

Comment

Originally posted by frogfen View Post
            Hey Zapster, I see we hit the send button at the same time. Always enjoyed your posts.
            Thanks Frogfen, and yeah, wow: posted at the same time to the minute.

Comment

wow, thanks all. For those here and the emails sent….. you guys are the best!!!!
              “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Oh....no...I can feel it in the air, a power point coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot
                  The fishiness continues. More questions are being created. But I don't want to bore too many folks too frequently. I (reluctantly?) applaud any desire Fenn had to save lives, but am not sure that causing "premature" retrieval of the chest was ever a great idea.

Here's an idea that seems reasonable to me: If someone were to provide "the powers that be" * with a perfect solve of the poem, indicating a precise location and description of the hidey spot (as defined by FF, and per the poem), and this is done before anyone else does it, then that person could possibly be considered "the first legitimate solver", deserving of a substantial reward.

So far, I don't believe that Jack has done this. And I don't know how to contact "the powers that be" * .

* someone in control of Fenn's inheritance/fortune/assets, who knows -- or has ready access to -- the precise location and description of the hidey spot
                  Maybe finding this asterisk and the powers that be is part of the solve you mentioned...
                  All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot

* someone in control of Fenn's inheritance/fortune/assets, who knows -- or has ready access to -- the precise location and description of the hidey spot
                    What you're talking about here is Chase Underground stuff, not benevolent family stuff. Moody Chameleon has already fingered this shadowy figure as Agent Double-O Mega. I feel sure Forrest would have set up the Chase Underground as completely unconnected to his family and unknown even to his usual attorney, so I think it is a mistake to assume that someone who has control of Fenn's estate (which is his family) would also know the precise location and description of the hidey spot.

Jack did say the only people who knew the location were those "whose business" it was. Famly is famly and bidness is bidness. It's in the family's best interests not to know.

Comment

Working...
                    X