See definitions in:
    All
    Computing
    Sports
    Canals
    Weapons
    noun
    1. 1.
      a mechanism for keeping a door, lid, etc., fastened, typically operated only by a key of a particular form.
      "the key turned firmly in the lock"
    since I can’t throw a rock through a rock I need a lock on the rock

Think about it
    Last edited by Sarah Seedling; 03-16-2022, 01:43 PM.

A lock on a lock a rock on a rock a rock on a lock, my enthusiasm seems to be waning

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot
      Sarah, why did you post info about the word "lock"? It's not in the poem.
      I think that another not-in-the-poem word is an important one, and perhaps may be somewhat "key" -- but I don't know how much. It's "binoculars". I am treating it like a (confirming) hint.
      Remind me again what that story was about OP all I can remember is someone making a hole in one

Comment

Well that's par for the course.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Seedling View Post

Remind me again what that story was about OP all I can remember is someone making a hole in one
          I remember the guy would take a swig from a hidden container every time he lifted the binoculars up to his eyes. The stick figure drawing made him look a bit tipsy, and I'm surprised he didn't spill his drink all over his face and chest! LOL! I will have to go back and re-read that one because I don't remember much more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post

I remember the guy would take a swig from a hidden container every time he lifted the binoculars up to his eyes. The stick figure drawing made him look a bit tipsy, and I'm surprised he didn't spill his drink all over his face and chest! LOL! I will have to go back and re-read that one because I don't remember much more than that.
            His flask he drank from was 3/16 of a pint. I surmise that his name was John but who knows?

Then it was also a curious coincidence was when Forrest had his birthday and figured out that of all those years that he had been alive, that he had spent 19 years of total time alive sleeping. Then he did the math and figured that of those 19 years asleep, 3 years of the 19 would have been on a Monday. (Doing the math problem Forrest hints to us to us to complete is: 19 total years = 3 years Monday + X all the others days of the week
            x=?
            1f Billy

Comment

Well one time a friend of Forrest, while playing golf, shot a birdie on the fourth. Now to understand why Forrest would mention this you must have a quarter (a fourth) in your possession. Then looking at it, ask yourself, What is that image referred to as? What's on the reverse side on that object? Oh, that bird image, was one of the mojo beads; right next to that shadow X. Interesting.....

1f Billy
              Last edited by Sherif Billy; 03-26-2022, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0913.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	394946 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0914.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.46 MB ID:	394945This is an Example of that thing that Forrest referred to. It is glued to the lower left corner of the ships passport. Can you make out who signed the passport?
                1f Billy
                Last edited by Sherif Billy; 03-26-2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                  Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0913.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	394946 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0914.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.46 MB ID:	394945This is an Example of that thing that Forrest referred to. It is glued to the lower left corner of the ships passport. Can you make out who signed the passport?
                  1f Billy
                  Sure, you can’t read cursive?

Comment

Sure, you can’t read cursive?
                    Not very well.. looks like GWaftifun. Who dat?
                    1f Billy

Comment

Looks like Joesph Whipple Colluson to me

Comment

[QUOTE=Chester Retriever;n394979]The long lost Richard die. Nice!
                        [/QUOTE

"The first die **** *** ****** **** was cut in 1782 in Philadelphia possibly by the engraver Robert Scot; it is roughly 2 ½ inches in diameter and now resides at the National Archives"

Richard or Robert, which is it?

1f Billy

Comment

If you know nothing...where does that leave me? nothing minus < nothing= ? vacuum maybe? That might explain those headaches....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot

Fenn wrote (Scrapbook 180) about "the unfortunate hiccup" . . . A spectator at a golf competition, with booze and binoculars, hiccupped just before the golfer (that Fenn liked) putted, apparently thus causing the putt to miss.
                            Which of course is NOT what happened at all. The missed putt was due to a dog barking. It's an easily searchable story, and Forrest must have expected we would, so why the imaginative alteration? It shares much in common with the Ronald Reagan climbing through the Dude motel window story.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                              Which of course is NOT what happened at all. The missed putt was due to a dog barking. It's an easily searchable story, and Forrest must have expected we would, so why the imaginative alteration? It shares much in common with the Ronald Reagan climbing through the Dude motel window story.
                              If FF is not to be believed, then we may as well drop him and all his writings from future consideration. Is this what you suggest?

Comment

Working...
                              X