A New Video for you Non Wyoming Folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

Max, I do agree with you. It is farfetched to think he forgot the State. But there is no question Forrest has made statements more than once that eliminate hiding in 2010. On two occasions, I believe, he said more than 10 years ago, which based on the month he made the statement, only a 2009 hiding would be possible given all of the information we have.
    I understand, but my point is that saying "I hid it in 2010", especially on a court record has a lot more weight than just saying more than 10 years ago or less than 11 for example.

Now if back in Aug. 2020 both statements were given (I hid it in 2010, and it was hidden more than 10 years ago, then both will still be true if the event occurred anytime between January 1st 2010 and that day in August.

Comment

The "more than 10 years ago" quote contradicts a 2010 hiding date. That quote by Forrest, by the way, was unsolicited, and added on to the end of a Q&A answer that had nothing to do with the question. You may quibble that it's not the same as Forrest out and out saying, "I hid the treasure in 2009," but we can all do math, and if you make that kind of claim in the winter of 2020, then I'm sorry: that's a lie if you hid it in 2010.

Comment

Good discussion. Someone should add this to the Story Anomalies page...

Comment

This is a tiresome topic and difficult to navigate, especially since you have already made up your mind that there was a flagrant intention to deceive. I don't think Forrest cared about the quibbling or inconsistent statements about this. As he said, other than someone trying to find the exact date so they can pull rental car records to find out his whereabouts it is of no consequence. And all of that while the chase was ongoing of course but once it was found, what other reason was there to keep prevaricating?

If 2009 was more aligned with the truth after considering the totality of his statements, why not just use 2009 in his declarations under the penalty of perjury? NONE of the lawsuits were challenging the correct year of the 'hiding' and no court official asked him to provide the specific timeline, so why not just declare 2009 or 2008, even 2003 as some still believe? Hell, he could have declared in those statements "I was 79 or 80 years old when I hid the chest" and it still wouldn't matter. Some searchers would still call him a liar regardless of what year he said he hid the treasure as you have done here, so why declare 2010? The only reason that makes sense is that he was trying to be as truthful as possible and following legal advice in case he ever had to be called to testify under oath.

A very serious question to ask yourselves: If Forrest was ever called to testify in person under oath at a possible Erskine or Andersen trial, do you really think that he would show up with zero evidence to support and substantiate his written declarations regarding 2010 and Wyoming??? Are we on a TV show, in the Matrix? Let's get real. -The truth doesn't matter when all that can be proven is the lie.-

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks
            Wrong. Coombs claims Forrest did not place or retrieve the prize before 2016.
            *You are right, I forgot about crazy 2016.* @Goldi, Coombs case came almost a year after Forrest passed unless you also think he is still alive.

Based on the court records Forrest hid the chest between June 25th and August 9th, 2010. Most likely sometime in July 2010. He was 79 years old still.
            Last edited by Max23; 03-18-2022, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks

Sorry to beat a dead horse but just found this document which again says Fenn abandoned the treasure box over 10 yrs. ago. Forrest's lawyer wrote this on March 6 2020, long before it was allegedly found and long before the Declarations were submitted.
              Karl didn't hide it though, just a typo.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge
                Why do so many people with the wrong state hold on to something that can't be true ? How can they see all the other people with wrong solves, but can't see themselves. Don't they understand, they created their own evidences for a place they found on the map? So without confirmation from Forrest or finding the chest, you can't say you KNOW where the chest was. If you can, what makes you right and everyone else wrong ? Saying you have a great solution, better than anyone's, is not how the chase worked. Furthermore, if you think Forrest was going to die, before he told someone they solved his poem, you did not know the man at all. If you think a man that said two can keep a secret if one is dead, was going to lie, you are not being truthful with yourself. For the many who think Yellowstone, I understand why you think it was there. I spent a lot of time there myself. And there are a few other reasons as well. The number one is, it was Forrest's plan to get people in the wrong area. The island dream, the chapter In Love With Yellowstone. Bringing up the journal of a trapper. He spoke of the area, to draw people there. You never point to a place where you hid something.
                Which state do you think it was hidden in Knowledge ? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Knowledge

It was in Wyoming
                  Within the state of Wyoming?

Comment

Originally posted by My Chase Quest View Post

False statements? Such as?
                    About 2:27 in the video, the subtitles state that the chest was never in New Mexico. I believe that the chest was in fact in New Mexico while Forrest was accumulating goodies to put into the chest.
                    The subtitles state that the chest was never in Colorado. I believe that at one time, the chest was in Colorado while being transported.
                    Yes, I'm being technical. Without people being technical, we would have pretty rough lives (not that we don't anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

About 2:27 in the video, the subtitles state that the chest was never in New Mexico. I believe that the chest was in fact in New Mexico while Forrest was accumulating goodies to put into the chest.
                      The subtitles state that the chest was never in Colorado. I believe that at one time, the chest was in Colorado while being transported.
                      Yes, I'm being technical. Without people being technical, we would have pretty rough lives (not that we don't anyway).
                      You wrote:
                      "Without people being technical, we would have pretty rough lives (not that we don't anyway)."

Actually, if you notice in our world, many folks sweep the "semantics" and those "technically correct" facts under the rug and many never realize they are walking upon them.

This is a great time to pull the rug out from under their feet to show others what had been hidden away by other men.

I doubt Forrest intended some of these - uhm....."shenanigans"? But what do I know....I am not part of any of that business, if true.

If this ending is to expose how to be truthful with others, then those folks better be ready to hear the real truth from others. One cannot have it both ways, because only one of those "truths" will win.

For one to truly see the world for what it is, well................imagine that reaction for that moment ["the truth wins"]...............but question - are they being accepting of that truth?

Thanks for the post.
                      Tim

Comment

Working...
                      X