Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zapster
    replied
    Doug doesn't know, the family doesn't know, and I would be willing to bet even the attorneys don't know either the solution or the final location.

Leave a comment:

• Trailblazer99
    replied
    Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

Are you expecting the solution to be dropped on us by the Fenns? This will never happen, IMO.
    Maybe not the fenns because Forrest is dead and the remaining family wants nothing to do with it now that it’s at the peak of its worst. But I could see someone else putting it out. Like Douglas Preston.

Leave a comment:

• Zapster
    replied
    Rose Livingstone : agreed that "in situ" is not so obscure that it rises to the level of serious eyebrow-raising. Still, I think most people could go months or years between encounters with that term. Even Forrest -- an amateur archaeologist -- only used it a couple times of which I'm aware in a decade of public communication with searchers, including 3 memoirs, 250+ Scrapbooks, dozens of Q&A's, and countless video interviews.

Leave a comment:

• Rose Livingstone
    replied
    Originally posted by Zapster View Post

klein : if he did, he kept a pretty good poker face. I think the most curious aspect to the Chase ending (or at least apparent ending) is the June 5/6, 2020 find timing relative to Forrest's trial balloon ending floated to Dal on 12/7/2019. Assuming wintertime in the Rockies was a reasonable deterrent to retrieval by anyone (along with COVID travel restrictions by early 2020), Forrest couldn't have put the wheels in motion to have the chest retrieved much before May 2020. It's also a little surprising that things unfolded in a way that closely mirrored Forrest's words:

"I will cause the treasure chest to be photographed in situ, and then retrieved. The photos will be posted on this site."

The treasure chest was indeed photographed in situ, and THEN retrieved (with over 14 hours separating those two actions). And photos were indeed posted on Dal's site about 10 days later -- though interestingly not the in situ ones that we've only recently seen due to the McCracken case. And speaking of "in situ," I think Jack's words were mildly suspicious in his evening of June 5th post-discovery email to Forrest:

"When I located it, I took photos of the chest in situ and after I opened the lid."

As a frequent meteorite hunter, I use the words "in situ" all the time, but it's a little unusual for a non-archaeologist, non-meteorite-hunter to choose those particular words in a colloquial email. Yes, Jack was an English major, so perhaps a bit less unusual for him, but a coincidental choice given Forrest's email to Dal. As a reminder -- Jack could not have been aware of that email exchange with Dal, since Dal didn't share that with us until June 26th, 2021.
    The term 'in situ' could be a coincidence or not. I just wanted to point out that it's hardly esoteric, especially for anyone in chemistry, biology, archeology, forensics, law or any of a 1000 other professions that use the term- perhaps even, medicine?

Leave a comment:

• Rose Livingstone
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot

Since you are acting silly, I'll give you a silly answer.
    No, I'm providing a translation of hoof marks that were deliberately written in the ground by the horse that Zoe's great-great-grandfather rode in on. The marks were predicting a future containing new information indicating that the photo appears to show sunlight shining directly onto the chest. This is pretty substantial evidence that the photo is not one of the chest sitting in the hidey spot that the poem leads to. The real hidey spot provides cover/shade for the chest, and doesn't permit the sun to shine directly onto the chest.
    I, too, wear 100 SPF. But everyone looks cooler in shades.
    <-------- See?!
    <-------- See?!
    (emojis above representative of OP and Sherrif, respectively. )

Leave a comment:

• shyorphan
    replied
    Originally posted by klein View Post

It's not
    You may be right but maybe not. I'll know for sure in the not too distant future. The stick pic has specific meaning imo so I'll put it to the test.
    Last edited by shyorphan; 05-21-2022, 08:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• klein
    replied
    Originally posted by shyorphan View Post

I hope Forrest kept his secret spot secret from family and friends during the forced ending. If he did that, then the TC would still be out there.
    It's not

Leave a comment:

• shyorphan
    replied

Well, I don't believe in coincidences. I'm certain there are other emails from Fenn to Dal that never saw the light of day for whatever reason. It is interesting that Dal posted those 'end the hunt' emails then closed up shop fairly soon after. Folks don't talk about the effects covid had on travel at the alleged time of the discovery, not to mention the pressure Fenn was purportedly under from family at the time. That is evident given the emails to Dal. I believe there is more to the story and a little birdie has suggested that all is not copacetic in Fennland. Maybe Dal knows more than he's saying?
    I hope Forrest kept his secret spot secret from family and friends during the forced ending. If he did that, then the TC would still be out there.

Leave a comment:

• klein
    replied

klein : if he did, he kept a pretty good poker face. I think the most curious aspect to the Chase ending (or at least apparent ending) is the June 5/6, 2020 find timing relative to Forrest's trial balloon ending floated to Dal on 12/7/2019. Assuming wintertime in the Rockies was a reasonable deterrent to retrieval by anyone (along with COVID travel restrictions by early 2020), Forrest couldn't have put the wheels in motion to have the chest retrieved much before May 2020. It's also a little surprising that things unfolded in a way that closely mirrored Forrest's words:

"I will cause the treasure chest to be photographed in situ, and then retrieved. The photos will be posted on this site."

The treasure chest was indeed photographed in situ, and THEN retrieved (with over 14 hours separating those two actions). And photos were indeed posted on Dal's site about 10 days later -- though interestingly not the in situ ones that we've only recently seen due to the McCracken case. And speaking of "in situ," I think Jack's words were mildly suspicious in his evening of June 5th post-discovery email to Forrest:

"When I located it, I took photos of the chest in situ and after I opened the lid."

As a frequent meteorite hunter, I use the words "in situ" all the time, but it's a little unusual for a non-archaeologist, non-meteorite-hunter to choose those particular words in a colloquial email. Yes, Jack was an English major, so perhaps a bit less unusual for him, but a coincidental choice given Forrest's email to Dal. As a reminder -- Jack could not have been aware of that email exchange with Dal, since Dal didn't share that with us until June 26th, 2021.
    Well, I don't believe in coincidences. I'm certain there are other emails from Fenn to Dal that never saw the light of day for whatever reason. It is interesting that Dal posted those 'end the hunt' emails then closed up shop fairly soon after. Folks don't talk about the effects covid had on travel at the alleged time of the discovery, not to mention the pressure Fenn was purportedly under from family at the time. That is evident given the emails to Dal. I believe there is more to the story and a little birdie has suggested that all is not copacetic in Fennland. Maybe Dal knows more than he's saying?

Leave a comment:

• Round Peg, Square Hole
    replied
    Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post
    I’ve thought of that as well. I figured if it was a real project it would have came out already plus the way things are going I don’t think we will see anything but I can pray and hope we do. I don’t care what anyone says fenn had something written down somewhere or recorded. You never know. With all his comments I hold out hope that something will come out some day. That’s the way fenn made it sound with all his statements post find.
    Are you expecting the solution to be dropped on us by the Fenns? This will never happen, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• Zapster
    replied

Zap, do you suspect that Fenn may have ended the treasure hunt?

Leave a comment:

• Trailblazer99
    replied
    Originally posted by Round Peg, Square Hole View Post

I think the project was his death. Not sure where we go from there...
    I’ve thought of that as well. I figured if it was a real project it would have came out already plus the way things are going I don’t think we will see anything but I can pray and hope we do. I don’t care what anyone says fenn had something written down somewhere or recorded. You never know. With all his comments I hold out hope that something will come out some day. That’s the way fenn made it sound with all his statements post find.

Leave a comment:

• Round Peg, Square Hole
    replied
    Originally posted by Trailblazer99 View Post

I’m not sure of Netflix’s intentions but I’m trying to keep my distance. Maybe that project fenn was working on will come out and they will regret it.
    I think the project was his death. Not sure where we go from there...

Leave a comment:

• Trailblazer99
    replied

"Although many searchers have claimed to have found the treasure chest it is still where I hid it more than ten years ago. My original motive to get kids off of the couch and out of the game rooms is no longer valid, and I regret that, but for more than ten years the chase has been very effective in that department. Hopefully families will continue to visit the great outdoors when the weather is good.

"
    After consulting with several people, the decision was unanimous to stop the search. I will cause the treasure chest to be photographed in situ, and then retrieved. The photos will be posted on this site.

"
    I will no longer read or respond to any emails about the search. As of now, 12/10/2019, the chase is over. f"
    This kinda confirms my theory that he had a team. Who did he consult with and why do they have a day so if it’s “his” treasure hunt.

Leave a comment:

• Trailblazer99
    replied
    Originally posted by Fenndery View Post
    I believe they know who the Lead Searcher is , and have known for quite some time . Nobody as bright as these ladies are would ever push something so hard for so long that makes zero sense to any logical , intelligent thinkers .
    I think so too and I have my own little connections to prove it. But nothing big. Could be a coincidence but pretty unlikely. Either way I’m just gonna shut up and live on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X