Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where warm waters halt: your inescapable conclusion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Eyes View Post

The comfortable Throne!
    Ha! (And a lot better than a stool...)

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

Ha! (And a lot better than a stool...)
      Always remember to wear shoes when standing on a stool for a better view!

Comment

If his treasures were bold, being brave may be related. He didn't go to Snake School for nothing.

Comment

I remember, before going out somewhere, my mother asking me: "Do you need to make yourself comfortable?"

Comment

Has Jack been initiated? Is he a descendent of the lineage? Or is his task to prepare the ground?

Maybe Willie knows:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Willie1.png
Views:	176
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	374365

Comment

What a nice thread! Thanks, VP! Me as a simple one-track-minded boy, I was asking myself, why hoB wasn't ever mentioned in here...
              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by trueyeti View Post

Hey Vox,
                Good thread. Shamanistic nature of TTOTC...strongly relatable to myth/archetypal motif/story/creator/etc....Water rites as expressed throughout the ages. cheers!
                Thanks
                trueyeti
                trueyeti .

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
                  What a nice thread! Thanks, VP! Me as a simple one-track-minded boy, I was asking myself, why hoB wasn't ever mentioned in here...
                  Well, it sort of was . . . in passing.

But seriously, I don't think hoB can be thought about in the same way.

Comment

"Now I think I will go out and water my trees. f"

He says this after a eulogy on the passing of his friend in SB 208. My American father-in-law had been prone to "watering his trees" in the evening. It was a kind of ritual. Is FF hinting that passing water is of deep emotional and spiritual signifcance to him?

Comment

"Now I think I will go out and water my trees. f"

He says this after a eulogy on the passing of his friend in SB 208. My American father-in-law had been prone to "watering his trees" in the evening. It was a kind of ritual. Is FF hinting that passing water is of deep emotional and spiritual signifcance to him?
                      No he's saying that he wants to be alone in his yard to have a good cry. It's about grieving.

Comment

Americans will recognize "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure." as a quote by Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

A good soaking and a little fertilizer works magic....

Comment

Originally posted by elbert_ainstein View Post

No he's saying that he wants to be alone in his yard to have a good cry. It's about grieving.
                            That's certainly possible, although this is what he actually says:
                            "I shall not mourn the passing of my friend, but instead, will smile and remember the many good times we had, like when we both played big shots in a high school football game, and put plugs of Red Man chewing tobacco under our cheeks."

Smile, not cry. It's probably quite difficult to water trees with tears.

Comment

Smile, not cry. It's probably quite difficult to water trees with tears.
                              Grieving is part of the process eventually. Otherwise those emotions are never expressed and will only torment you. I'd say he was talking about smiling right up until it was time to cry.
                              The expression "water my trees" is a gross exaggeration ... something that Forrest did well and often.

Comment

All of the information to find the treasure is in the poem. There are a couple of good hints in TTOTC if they can be recognized. It's in the poem for all to see. Everything else is just a fantasy. It may be possible to backtrack after solving the poem and see something that he may have been hinting at... but good luck with that. He wrote and said thousands of things over the years and continued to say everything a searcher needed was in the poem. I believe the poem can be solved.

Comment

Working...
                                X